Zero tolerance to shooting in the air, fireworks, lanterns at Pattaya Loy Krathong

snoop1130

Zero tolerance to shooting in the air, fireworks, lanterns at Pattaya Loy Krathong

45335071_2132976083389981_6341344961425833984_o.jpg

The Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch has warned the public to behave themselves at this year's traditional Loy Krathong celebration - or else.

In an interview with Spohon he specified that the shooting of guns into the air was strictly forbidden. 

Anyone doing so would be jailed for ten days and fined 5,000 baht. 

If their actions caused injury or damage then the penalties would be much worse. 

The chief also banned fireworks and lanterns saying that jail and fines awaited those selling and using such items. 

Pol Col Apichai also had a warning for youths racing on the roads during the night of the festival. 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/STVPattaya/posts/2132976243389965?_rdc=1&_rdr

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-07

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Col Apichai also had a warning for youths racing on the roads during the night of the festival

this have to be illegal all the time noisy bike's racing on streets 

and for fireworks and lantern is it not part of the festival or is it only drinking and driving there is 

But all together it means police start doing some work on beach Wow 

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yet despite millions of lanterns launched all over Asia in the past 30 years, not one caused a plane crash.

As always you klnow EVERYTHING.

This took me about 10 seconds in Google

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2897052/Bangkok-Airways-forced-cancel-flight-celebratory-fire-lantern-sucked-engine-plane-taxis-gate.html

Bangkok Airways forced to cancel flight after celebratory fire lantern is sucked into engine as plane taxis to gate

https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2015/11/gorgeous-floating-lanterns-ground-flights-in-thailand/417210/

Chiang Mai has canceled 84 flights and Chiang Rai six during the three-day Loy Krathong festival,

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

As always you klnow EVERYTHING.

This took me about 10 seconds in Google

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2897052/Bangkok-Airways-forced-cancel-flight-celebratory-fire-lantern-sucked-engine-plane-taxis-gate.html

Bangkok Airways forced to cancel flight after celebratory fire lantern is sucked into engine as plane taxis to gate

https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2015/11/gorgeous-floating-lanterns-ground-flights-in-thailand/417210/

Chiang Mai has canceled 84 flights and Chiang Rai six during the three-day Loy Krathong festival,

Can you point out where it says the plane crashed?

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Col Apichai also had a warning for youths racing on the roads during the night of the festival. 

They do it most nights of the week not just festival time.  They wait till Pattaya Plod knock off work then take over the streets; anytime from 4pm during the week and ALL weekend.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can you point out where it says the plane crashed?

You insinuated that those lanterns are no danger to air traffic.

Probably you are too dumb to realise why each year hundreds of flights are grounded during those 3 days.

To help you a little, this event from the lantern been sucked in the engine could as well have happened when the plane was in the landing or departing process.

19 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

There's enough ways to get killed here without worrying about getting a stray shot between the lookers or having your flight brought down by a lantern sucked into a jet engine.

never will because all aircraft engines have "a BIRD TEST" carried out in the factory.

I seen this happen at P & W in Toronto factory.

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You insinuated that those lanterns are no danger to air traffic.

Probably you are too dumb to realise why each year hundreds of flights are grounded during those 3 days.

To help you a little, this event from the lantern been sucked in the engine could as well have happened when the plane was in the landing or departing process.

read my post !!

No Fire works

No smoking.

No Parking.

No ball games.

Keep off the grass.

Thailand is staring to sound like Falangland now days. :coffee1:

What a silly statement. he obviously does not go out on the roads at night for 364 days a year.

14 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Guns and lanterns I understand, but no fireworks is ridiculous.

It's understandable. Drunk and obnoxious trashy tourists running around pointing fireworks at crowds has gone on long enough. It's made Pattaya's beaches uninhabitable every new-year (all 3 of them) and loi kratong. It also does a lot of damage to the tourist economy and isn't fair to let a few drunk <deleted> ruin the entire beach on a high occupancy holiday and ruins everyone else who booked hotels who want to enjoy/stay on the beach safely. People who are risking others health with fiery injuries are the first kind of people who should be put in jail for some duration of time, at least until they sober up.

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

never will because all aircraft engines have "a BIRD TEST" carried out in the factory.

I seen this happen at P & W in Toronto factory.

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

read my post !!

Don't worry, I read your ignorant post.

May I suggest that you read reports from people who know a little more about the subject.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/841272/can-bird-strike-cause-plane-crash

United Airlines plane on fire as bird flies into engine

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/07/04/bird-strike-is-the-number-one-threat-to-planes-worldwide_a_23014919/

Bird Strike Is The Number One Threat To Planes Worldwide

An AirAsia X flight has been turned back to Brisbane following a suspected bird strike.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-truths/how-dangerous-is-a-bird-strike/

How often do bird strikes cause accidents?

Not very often. According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), between 1990 and 2013, there were 25 human fatalities attributed to wildlife strikes with US civil aircraft. In the same period there were 279 recorded injuries.

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Go home and enjoy living in your nanny state.

I prefer it here, as it is was under the Shins.

21 hours ago, greenbottle555 said:

It's understandable. Drunk and obnoxious trashy tourists running around pointing fireworks at crowds has gone on long enough. It's made Pattaya's beaches uninhabitable every new-year (all 3 of them) and loi kratong. It also does a lot of damage to the tourist economy 

Every year during Loi Krathong Pattaya beach is packed, I've spent whole evening on tge the beach past 10 years, both Loi Krathong and New Year's Eve. In fact beach is so packed with people, it's difficult to find a spot to sit down. Loi Krathong draws Thais to water, in Bangkok they go to the river, in Pattaya it's beach. 

No "obnoxious trashy" tourists, mainly locals celebrating a very important  holiday.  So maybe refrain posting garbage.

23 hours ago, Benmart said:

Does a plane need to crash with you aboard before you concede airborne lanterns are a flight hazard?

Please never walk down the street or go swimming or breath air its dangerous and you might die deader than a doorknob....

The current power masters a quite happy to kill off all things that make Thailand special...One at a time....

6 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Every year during Loi Krathong Pattaya beach is packed, I've spent whole evening on tge the beach past 10 years, both Loi Krathong and New Year's Eve. In fact beach is so packed with people, it's difficult to find a spot to sit down. Loi Krathong draws Thais to water, in Bangkok they go to the river, in Pattaya it's beach. 

No "obnoxious trashy" tourists, mainly locals celebrating a very important  holiday.  So maybe refrain posting garbage.

Right well It's pretty trashy on NYE. Plenty of people running around with roman candles firing them in a state of drunken revelry, chasing anyone away from the beach front area. I'm guessing Thai police quickly moderate and protect Thai holidays.

Archived