Livestock officials round up stray dogs in Chiang Mai village after girl is mauled

snoop1130

Livestock officials round up stray dogs in Chiang Mai village after girl is mauled

By The Nation

2c114fd16ac51a41ac72b887102984f7.jpeg

Livestock-development officials on Tuesday started rounding up stray dogs in a village in Chiang Mai’s Doi Saket district after a young girl was mauled by three of the animals.

Officials from the Doi Saket livestock development office started the operation at Ban Pho Thong Charoen village in Tambon Chiang Doi at 7.30am after the girl had been badly injured by the dogs on Sunday. 

She was bitten on the head and left arm and is now recovering at home.

The officials mixed transquiliser in with food for the stray dogs to slow them down before they were shot with anaesthetic darts.

They were then captured for blood testing and sterilisation.

Shortly after the operation started, the officials captured a male dog and three females believed to be the ones that had attacked the girl.

Arthit Yodkhamlue, chief livestock development officer for Doi Saket, said the officials planned to capture around 20 of the 30 stray dogs in the village by the end of today, and would continue to seek out the remainder until all of them were rounded up.

The dogs will be sterilised and subjected to a blood test to see whether they are infected with rabies or other diseases, he said.

The captured dogs will be quarantined in the area for seven to 10 days to see whether they have rabies symptoms.

If they clear of any serious disease, they will be sent to dog shelters in Mae Taeng and San Pa Tong districts of Chiang Mai later, he explained.

Arthit added that the government agencies concerned had agreed to capture all the stray dogs and relocate them from the village following the attack.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358017

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-6

14 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

If they clear of any serious disease, they will be sent to dog shelters in Mae Taeng and San Pa Tong districts of Chiang Mai later, he explained.

And if they ARE infected, then what?

And once they are done please send the team to Pattaya; Mabtato Road. Last time I could not sleep during the night (i.e. every night) I counted 63 stray dogs in three packs fighting each other. And, due to the absolute stupidity of the Thai neighbours feeding the dogs, more dogs are to be expected ...........

I start to understand fellow expatriates moving to Vietnam; no dogs as they end up on the sumptuous offerings in local diners! 

Archived