Tourist Discovers It Wasn’t Ovaltine

britmaveric

Tourist discovers it wasn’t Ovaltine

11-News-18.jpg

Dangers of taking strangers to room A British man had a lucky escape with a poisonous cocktail mixture after inviting a Thai woman back to his room at the Welcome Plaza hotel in Pattaya.

Mr Brian Unsworth, 68, was still woozy when interviewed by police but could remember the outlines. He said he had gone for a walk on the Beach Road and stopped for a breather on the steps of the Royal Garden mall. Here he had met a Thai young lady who said it might be a good idea if she went back with him for unspecified activities.

Back in the room, after some pleasantries, she said she had some Ovaltine in a labelled packet and invited him to partake of the well known bedtime drink with hot water. The next he knew, he woke up with a splitting headache and found that 200 pounds, 1,000 baht Thai cash and credit cards were missing. Police checked the ID registration at reception and took away the woman’s details and her accommodation address. With luck, she will pay for her crimes before the trail goes cold.

Mr Unsworth had been administered a Mickey Finn and was fortunate that it was one of the lighter brews.

-Pattaya Today

14 Feb 2007

Edited by britmaveric

Tourist discovers it wasn’t Ovaltine

11-News-18.jpg

Dangers of taking strangers to room A British man had a lucky escape with a poisonous cocktail mixture after inviting a Thai woman back to his room at the Welcome Plaza hotel in Pattaya.

Mr Brian Unsworth, 68, was still woozy when interviewed by police but could remember the outlines. He said he had gone for a walk on the Beach Road and stopped for a breather on the steps of the Royal Garden mall. Here he had met a Thai young lady who said it might be a good idea if she went back with him for unspecified activities.

Back in the room, after some pleasantries, she said she had some Ovaltine in a labelled packet and invited him to partake of the well known bedtime drink with hot water. The next he knew, he woke up with a splitting headache and found that 200 pounds, 1,000 baht Thai cash and credit cards were missing. Police checked the ID registration at reception and took away the woman’s details and her accommodation address. With luck, she will pay for her crimes before the trail goes cold.

Mr Unsworth had been administered a Mickey Finn and was fortunate that it was one of the lighter brews.

-Pattaya Today

14 Feb 2007

Ha now we know the secret of the Welcome Plaza brit.................ovaltine :o

A poor, defenceless old British man of 68 years, on his annual holiday, saved-up-for by scrimping and saving on an Old-Age-Pension, served Queen and country, decent, upright, probably does a lot of work for charity and now drugged and robbed of his cash and SAGA credit card, hoodwinked by a lady with Ovaltine..........and Xanax.........

She deserves horse whipping.............

OK,

Here is a question. went to a meeting once which was going to be a "heavy discussion". was served a drink, did not want to look as if did not respect the host, so eventually tooka sip..... if they slipped something in there, if only sipping about 5% of the glass, would it knock u flat ?

Meeting turned out ok, but always wondered about how powerfull the stuff is.

I was slipped a mickey many years ago in patpong. I’m not sure how fast the new drugs work but my experience gave me an hour or so before I fell asleep.

The mickey came in an open small bottle of klosters as I ate on a sidewalk restaurant. Luckily I had only gone for a bite to eat and planned on returning home straight after. I hadn’t been drinking earlier in the day.

Within 5 minutes of finishing my meal and single beer I started seeing stars and feeling drunk. I made it back to my hotel room and fell asleep soon after.

The next morning I woke with a severe headache and me eyes took days to get back to clear vision.

I'm just amazed anyone would take a foreign substance from a complete stranger. :D I suppose there are trusting souls out there. :o

He took this complete stranger back to his room with the intention of letting his Willy do some exploring. At what point does "trust" start and finish? :D

I suggest that "trust" should start by ensuring all of your money, credit cards, passport and other such valuables are safely secured before these enchanting "strangers" are allowed into your room. :D

I'm just amazed anyone would take a foreign substance from a complete stranger. :D I suppose there are trusting souls out there. :o

He took this complete stranger back to his room with the intention of letting his Willy do some exploring. At what point does "trust" start and finish? :D

I suggest that "trust" should start by ensuring all of your money, credit cards, passport and other such valuables are safely secured before these enchanting "strangers" are allowed into your room. :D

Guess this happens often in Pattaya, at least this is what I've heard, and in other major sex-spots in Bangkok, Phucket, and even Samui, so if youre inviting bargirls, be careful out there. Can't be fun, the morning after!

Rules of engagement.

#1. Deposit your cash, credit cards, passport and return ticket in your room safe or hotel safe-T-deposit box. If your hotel don't provide any of those be creative, hide them in various places round the room and split your cash up into smaller wedges. This should be standard procedure whether you intend to indulge in nightime bed sports or not. Just make sure you remember where everything is to avoid that last morning panic "Where the f##k did I put my passport?" :D

#2. Avoid engaging the services of freelancers but if you do, ensure the hotel takes a copy of their ID or holds their ID until you say okay (preferred option). Full marks to the Welcome Plaza for this. In fact this should be done whatever the source of your little accompanyment. :D

#3. If you do want to take a little "cappa del noche" to toast your new found "friendship" then take an unopened bottle out of the minibar and don't let it out of your sight. :o

#4. Ovaltine! <deleted>? Yeah, okay Ovaltine, that's a new one on me. It's supposed to help you get a good night's sleep I guess they are just adding value to the stuff. :D

PS are the hotel safe-T-deposit boxes really safe these days? There was a spate a few years back of them getting plundered and the suspicion fell on hotel staff using the master key, but no proof obviously.

Probably fake ID. One of my colleagues who is up on all he tricks of the trade found himself in a compromising situation.He took a girl back to a hotel room and woke up next morning sans passport, cash and ALL his clothes! He had to call his boss to bail him out of the situation, very embarassing. As it turns out he never drank anything unless the bottle was opened in front of him and he took all his own bottled water to any 'meetings' or get togethers with customers. The police couldn't figure out how he was duped by that girl. Turns out she painted the drug on her er nipples! I've also heard of this happening in Wanchai and also drugged lipstick.What's the world coming to?