Could then - Cant Now !

CharlieH

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

Perhaps nipping down to the carpet shop would have been a bit more beneficial to the bear.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It was a black bear and he made a nice warm rug.  Black bears in Alaska are considered pests there are so many of them. Plus we ate him. Tasty.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing cowboys and Indians, which is now considered politically incorrect.

Waiting for my old man to finish his bottles of beer, then at the end of the week, taking the empty bottles to the off licence and getting some money refunded on the bottles.

Playing in the street with my friends until after dark with no one worrying about us.

Going to the Saturday morning pictures that had a main feature and a B movie all for 9d.

I could go on and on. Good old days.

I liked it just fine when women just wanted to be women.
These Days, I woulden't dare to tell a western woman "I like your dress, looks good on you", afraid to end-up in the fangs of the "MeToo" avengers.
Nice to interact with Thai-women. It's a bit like turning back the clock. Isn't it? Apart from the Temples, isn't it the way Thai women (still) see themselfes that has made Thailand so popular with Farangs? Hope this will last for a while. After that, only the Temples will be left. Am I right or am I right?

17 hours ago, BestB said:

Do a 30 day visa run indefinitely 

Yes,yes,yes. Sipping beer on the way and talking trash with fellow passengers and picking-up some cheap cigarettes. Next month: Rinse and repeat! Everybody happy: Farang happy, Van drivers happy, Immi-Officers at border happy, Visa-Run Agencies happy. Everybody happy. Ahhhhh, the good old days!

- Seems to me, that nowadays for some Farangs it would be easier to get a Penis-Extension at a reputable Thai-Hospital instead of getting a Visa-Extension at a reputable Thai-Immigration-Office.????

6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Playing cowboys and Indians, which is now considered politically incorrect.

Waiting for my old man to finish his bottles of beer, then at the end of the week, taking the empty bottles to the off licence and getting some money refunded on the bottles.

Playing in the street with my friends until after dark with no one worrying about us.

Going to the Saturday morning pictures that had a main feature and a B movie all for 9d.

I could go on and on. Good old days.

Our rule was when the street lights came on it was time to go home!

Working in the Butchers shop after school, imagine letting a 10 yr old wield a bone cutting chopper  or razor sharp boning knife nowadays !! ????

Got lamb chops or small piece of steak as a bonus to my £1 a week.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Working in the Butchers shop after school, imagine letting a 10 yr old wield a bone cutting chopper nowadays !! ????

Charlie, when I was 10 year old, back in the early 1960s my cousin and I who were the same age, used a buy red and green rover tickets. 3 shillings they were. The red rovers let us ride on the red London buses on all routes all day up to midnight. And the green rovers let us ride on the London transport green buses all day that ran in the outskirts of London.

We used to do this on Saturdays. To us it was a fantastic adventure like going to the moon. At times we didn`t arrive home until gone 10 at night and never felt in any danger. Dad gave us half a crown each to buy our food for the day. You could buy a meal at a Lyons corner house for one and 6 pence.

How times have changed and how I wish I could experience those days again. I don`t know whether or not it was a safer world then, but our parents didn`t seem to worry or paranoid as they are towards their kids nowadays and nothing bad ever happened to us.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:58 PM, pgrahmm said:

Drive in movies with a gal, blanket, & a back seat........

drive in movies with a case of cold beer and a large pizza...always had a girl when I came in but she always disappeared amongst the pizza pie crusts in the back, I had a '66 VW van and it was voluminous...later to re appear next to me in bed the next morning...'lick them anchovies offa my tits you fool...'

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Working in the Butchers shop after school, imagine letting a 10 yr old wield a bone cutting chopper  or razor sharp boning knife nowadays !! ????

Got lamb chops or small piece of steak as a bonus to my £1 a week

Yep. As soon as the lights came on Moms would start screaming names. Johhhhhhnnnnnnyyyyyyy.......Johnnyyyyyy.....!!!!!

I got a pocket knife and a .22 rifle for my 5th birthday. I was only allowed to use the rifle when Dad was around though because we lived in the suburbs.

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

My job at 10 was putting out the fires in cars my dad was welding underneath. He couldn’t be bothered removing the carpets.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:42 AM, sharktooth said:

My job at 10 was putting out the fires in cars my dad was welding underneath. He couldn’t be bothered removing the carpets.

Brings back memories of when I helped my Dad in his shoe repair shop on a Saturday. I would stamp the bags with the shop name using a rubber stamp and ink pad.

I dreaded the visit across the road to the barber shop who was called Mr Savage, I jest not, the name put the fear of God in me.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:46 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

drive in movies with a case of cold beer and a large pizza...always had a girl when I came in but she always disappeared amongst the pizza pie crusts in the back, I had a '66 VW van and it was voluminous...later to re appear next to me in bed the next morning...'lick them anchovies offa my tits you fool...'

We used to be able to buy a 5 gallon keg of beer. Four of us in the car with a speared keg in the back seat at the drive-in, and no concerns about driving home.

Girls weren't always available.

We often had one or two in the boot on entry to save money.

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

We used to be able to buy a 5 gallon keg of beer. Four of us in the car with a speared keg in the back seat at the drive-in, and no concerns about driving home.

old croc, where you been? out in the swamp feedin' offa the smaller critters?

yeah, the beer at the drive in was always a challenge as there ain't no way to keep it cold...just havta drink it faster...stuff down some pizza and chug a couple of tall cold ones, then quick sex and then gauge how much longer until the beer gets warm...with girls expressing their displeasure at the accelerated arrangement...'tutsi! calm down or let's go back to my house and put the goddam beer in the fridge and watch TV...' 'but I like having sex in public, don't you?' and then she rolls her eyes and I snort with desire and growl 'come over here...'

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

TV.jpg.41cab0fc1531c9c64fcfa3b1a874f2ba.jpg

You mean like the How Its Made Videos they would show on rainy days in Gym? Aluminum Cans, Steel MIlls, Harvesters.

Remember the Divers Ed movies? the old Thai blood and guts never bothered me, saw it all at 15 in Drivers Ed...squashed heads, Jayne Mansfield through the windshield, speared by steering columns, mangled babies, faces fixed in frozen screams with turn signal indicators through the eyeballs...Hello sir, you are looking at this Corvair? Wonderful, did you know it has the latest safety feature? Seat belts!

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I doubt any of the girls I know would agree to that

Archived