BANGKOK 18 July 2019 20:59
webfact

‘Maldives of Chanthaburi’ resort shut down over sea encroachment

11 hours ago, Catoni said:

I checked it out on Google Earth and zoomed in.  One person put a phot of the little rooms that look sort of the same idea as what you can find in the Maldives and also at Bora Bora near Tahiti. 

Looks like nine nice little one room places to stay.    Fail to see how its hurting the environment..... unless they are pumping their raw sewage into the water.  But they never said that that's what's happening. 

I'd be a hell of a lot more concerned about places in Thailand pumping raw sewage and plastics into the water.  Go after them... leave this lovely little resort that's helping the local economy alone. They don't seem to be hurting anything.

To many busybodies going after the hard working little guy not really hurting anything... and ignoring the much bigger real problems....

Corruption has its own rules 

Looking on Google Earth there are a number of buildings on the North / North East of this island that are built over the beach / sea.

I would say this action is a direct result of overdue tea money payments. If these are brought into line business as usual will resume forthwith, otherwise it may take a little longer for the place to re open under new 'ownership'.