Big Joke arrests Korean on 13 year "overstay"

webfact

2pm1.jpg

Immigration chief Maj Gen Surachet "Big Joke" Hakparn announced the arrest of two South Koreans on his Facebook site.

Lim Yong Heck, 56, came to Thailand through Chiang Rai and had been in the kingdom 13 years. It was unclear as to whether he had overstayed that entire time but he will be deported. 

He was arrested in Muang district of Chiang Mai.

Also arrested in the northern capital was wanted South Korean fugitive Kim Sung Yong, 58, who is alleged to have committed a 5 million baht fraud in his home country concerning a golf driving range in 2007. 

He was wanted on an Interpol Red Notice.

He had entered Thailand through the Nong Khai Friendship Bridge on a 60 day stay. He did extensions in Chonburi before seeking a retirement visa. 

He was arrested in Hang Dong and will also be deported to face charges in his home country. 

45596883_705634679792380_639516571630305280_n.jpg

Source: Thai Immigration Bureau

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-07

2pm2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

I would love to have a boss like BJ he does all the work even the small stuff.  

He does do the work,  doesn't he?  

Slowly waking up from your dream?

He had his team at the tourist police working for him and now they still do the same for immigration, that's why you also see him in the "old" cases that are solved and have nothing to do with immigration.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Where does he find the time?

Still, If I were his boss, I might be asking, "Did you really need to be there for any of this? You do know we have other officers who can deal with this kind of stuff?". 

21 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Slowly waking up from your dream?

He had his team at the tourist police working for him and now they still do the same for immigration, that's why you also see him in the "old" cases that are solved and have nothing to do with immigration.

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

He just get the credit. He is getting the pictures and others are doing the real job. His mentor is Mr watch, never forget about that. 

55 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Where does he find the time?

Still, If I were his boss, I might be asking, "Did you really need to be there for any of this? You do know we have other officers who can deal with this kind of stuff?". 

Being on the good side of the news means promotion soon... 

There will no doubt come a time when the Headline:
"Big Joke <verb> <number> <nationality> for <crime> at <location>....." simply becomes so common as to invoke naught but a yawn.  :coffee1:  I'm already there.

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

He just get the credit. He is getting the pictures and others are doing the real job. His mentor is Mr watch, never forget about that. 

Agreed! And it always amazes me how many BIB it takes to catch  - for instance - a couple of overstayers

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Now, what about the tens of thousand of Thai nationals illegally staying and working in South Korea? America?   Personally, I'd sort of like to know what the Big Jokester thinks about his own country-men (and women) flaunting the immigration laws of other countries.  Actually I already know the answer.

13 years huh...pretty slippery if that's the truth in the overstay case. I still think they are just scratching the tip of the iceberg. If they made a circular perimeter around lower Sukhumvit for about 1 km then closed in to a ground zero point of Soi Nana, I reckon they would catch a couple thousand.

Archived