Old man not to blame for death of teacher the kids called "angel", say locals

webfact

Old man not to blame for death of teacher the kids called "angel", say locals

4pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Locals and people connected to a Chiang Mai kindergarten have strong suspicions that an old man is not responsible for the death of a teacher who her pupils called an angel. 

Thanisa, 32, was killed as she turned on a motorcycle in Patan Soi 5 on Sunday evening. 

Thanisa and her two children on the back were sent flying by a black car overtaking on the right. 

The children are recovering from their injuries. 

Initially a man called Jaran, 66 was suspected but people in the area and at the victim's school suggest he was not driving. 

news27-1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

They say that the driver was a 35-40 year old man dressed in blue or green and wearing sneakers who was seen getting out of the driver's side of the vehicle that stopped 50 meters down the road. 

A woman in red was in the front passenger seat, they said. She was also pictured at the scene of the accident.

The suggestion appears to be that the older man was prepared to take the rap for the younger one. 

The director of Anuban Darunnimit school said that Thanisa was beloved of teachers, parents and students.

So much so that they gave her the name "Khru Nang Faa" that means angelic teacher in Thai. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-07

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, keith101 said:

In another video it is clear that the bike crossed to the right in front of the black pick up which was very clearly speeding so a combination of 2 wrongs resulting in the death of the teacher . 

just be quiet, the bike driver did no wrong,

she positioned herself at the right place, she gave signal well in advance,

then comes the car overtaking as many as he can including the bike driver turning right

19 minutes ago, poanoi said:

just be quiet, the bike driver did no wrong,

she positioned herself at the right place, she gave signal well in advance,

then comes the car overtaking as many as he can including the bike driver turning right

Shouldnt the bike driver had  checked to see whether there were any cars coming ?

Another tragedy is that while the victim is lying in the road nobody seems to know what to do except stare. No attempt at CPR ( fair enough is nobody knows it ) or even putting her in the recovery position.  Nobody even comforts her daughter.

People are apprehensive about doing anything since they don't want to get involved in case they get the blame for something.

Very sad.

Police were conned: Man's son with no license was actually the driver who killed Chiang Mai teacher

Screen Shot 2561-11-07 at 16.15.01.png

Image: Mgr

Manager reported that relatives of the teacher killed in Chiang Mai told police they have the wrong man. 

The cops thought that Jaran Ek-Sowan, 66, was behind the wheel of the black car that was overtaking that led to the death of the kindergarten teacher "Khru Nang Faa", 32, who was turning on a motorcycle. 

In fact it was his son who has no licence.

Chayada Khreuasung, a relative of the dead woman, said that the family had discovered at the funeral that a swap was made.

The family claimed they did this because they feared that the son would be in worse trouble as he had just been to a party.

And they were worried that insurance would not pay up if they said that he was the driver so his dad owned up instead. 

Police admitted it looked like they had got the wrong person, said Manager. 

It will take 2 or three days to sort out, they said. 

The family of the deceased said they had already received 50,000 baht in two payments from the car driver. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-07

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Shouldnt the bike driver had  checked to see whether there were any cars coming ?

So you're saying that you should check that there is no idiot driving the wrong way.  When turning right, position yourself on the crown of the road and give way to ONCOMING traffic.  The car should not have been overtaking, and not so fast, and certainly not where there is a right turn (junction albeit a minor one).  Apart from the safety issue (no helmets and 3 riders), the bike was being driven correctly.

I wonder where some posters learned to drive!

Just now, HHTel said:

So you're saying that you should check that there is no idiot driving the wrong way.  When turning right, position yourself on the crown of the road and give way to ONCOMING traffic.  The car should not have been overtaking, and not so fast, and certainly not where there is a right turn (junction albeit a minor one).  Apart from the safety issue (no helmets and 3 riders), the bike was being driven correctly.

I was asking a question , so, I wasnt "saying" anything , just asking a question .

You seem to be saying that she was correct in not looking behind her .

The result shows that to be the wrong thing to do 

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

And they were worried that insurance would not pay up if they said that he was the driver so his dad owned up instead. 

Hope they get prosecuted for that as well .

Fraud , perverting the course of justice , and a few other things 

43 minutes ago, sanemax said:

she had made the positioning and signal well in advance,

her duty at this point was to observe the oncoming traffic,

which she did.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

And what happened to her ?

someone with insufficient eyesight to see her intent overtook her,

alternatively he was so daft so he dont understand what a yellow signal means, , may even be that he didnt qualify for a driving license

and had no business on a public road whatsoever

I was surprised how well the motorcyclist was driving,

signalled well before the turn,got in position correctly 

to do the turn, while most if they indicate its a couple

of meters before they turn ,if at all,then they cut across

It was defiantly  the drivers fault,overtaking and not seeing 

the family on the motor bike,  No license,no insurance,been 

to party,driving far too fast in a small soi. I just hope the Police

get to the bottom of it,money has been paid ,hope that's not

the end of it, 2 kids are without a mother,justice needs to be served.

regards worgeordie

39 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If She had have looked in her mirror before turning , she would have seen the car coming and not turned in-front of it 

that stage was passed at this point,

she did that at the time she began signal,

the protocol at this stage is to watch out for oncoming trafficants

and those that may come out of the soi, just drop it

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

In another video it is clear that the bike crossed to the right in front of the black pick up which was very clearly speeding so a combination of 2 wrongs resulting in the death of the teacher . 

+ the no helmets and 3  on a  bike

5 hours ago, HHTel said:

Totally agree! The motorbike driver positioned herself correctly, and even indicated in good time. The car is 100% at fault. You should never overtake unless you have a clear view and can determine that noone is turning right and there is no oncoming traffic.

On that note I see lots of motorbike drivers. Mostly older drivers, but also young people, blinking right, and then go left to the shoulder and stop. Here they both block the path of other motorbikes that has to swave around into traffic with sometimes only a moments notice, and often they then make the right turn without looking back, or looking at all, so they cross the entire road from shoulder to shoulder, maximizing the risk of someone from behind, or oncoming, crashing into them.

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

Post the link as some sort of proof.

MHO the motorcycle was 100% in the right and the axxhole in the car was 100% in the wrong.

Another victim blamer.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

If She had have looked in her mirror before turning , she would have seen the car coming and not turned in-front of it 

And if the a**hole in the car had been driving properly he would not have overtaken, crashed into the motorcycle and killed the woman.

100% his fault.

YOU are yet another victim blamer.

43 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

There is a strong suggestion that the son who was driving was not only driving without a license but was also drunk (been at a 'party'). Surely.... surely he must go to prison. Surely 50k baht does not buy his way out of this!???

Nowhere is it suggested that 50k compensation will see the case ended.

You could get yourself a ban for that .
Please do tell, are you the offspring of close family members?
If so I might consider your dilemma.

I might get a warning because I comprehend.
You on the other hand have obviously been given a life sentence to which your sentiently oblivious.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, keith101 said:

I don't actually agree with you on that one ... the driver should be going at a speed that anticipates someone entering his lane and gives scope for avoiding collision. That was a residential area and the speed that the vehicle was doing was beyond belief ... no road awareness and completely reckless. In foreign countries I drive as if everyone around me is going to do something stupid at any time ... as they often do.

11 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The family of the deceased said they had already received 50,000 baht in two payments from the car driver.

Life is not worth much in Thailand. 

Archived