BANGKOK
Isan Farang

Renew 5 Year Driving Licence

16 hours ago, chubby said:

if your not sure just get a med cert,  I used a search engine, made a call, and got mine from the local  dermatologist  tiny office that seemed to be geared for  botox treatments and things  ...... 300 baht  done   not  100baht though   lol

5 year to 5 year, no medical certificate needed. It is on the DLT website in English.

Posted (edited)
On 11/9/2018 at 2:49 AM, Isan Farang said:

DLT Ubon

Which DLT office in Ubon did you go.

Edited by chris26be

1 hour ago, chris26be said:

Which DLT office in Ubon did you go.

The one beside Wanarom Post Office

Posted (edited)

I just renewed my 5 year car and 2 year bike license in Ubon 2 days ago. Seems like requirements changed slightly since last update here ( or a different staff working that day 😉 )

I handed in for both license renewals:

2 x Passport Main Page copies

2x Visa Page copies

2x Entry Stamp copies

2x Work Permit copies ( Main page and latest stamp page )

2x Yellow Book

1x Car Drivers license copy

1x Motorbike Drivers license copy

She took everything. Returned the copies of my drivers licenses and told me to get a medical certificate. She said 1 medical certificate is enough. Got the certificate ( I think I paid 60 Baht for it...or 80? ). Returned, went to the first floor with the documents, handed them in and was told to return at 13:00. That is their testing / lecturing time.

I returned at 13:00, had to take a color blind test, listened to a lecture in Thai for about 30 minutes ( make sure your mobile phone battery is fully charged....you may be bored out of your mind ). Paid the license fees ( 855 Baht for both ). Had picture taken and got both my licenses within a few minutes. Done.

Edit:

I went to the same DLT as Isan Farang located here: 15.279968, 104.861503

Edited by NiwPix

4 hours ago, NiwPix said:

I just renewed my 5 year car and 2 year bike license in Ubon 2 days ago

4 hours ago, NiwPix said:

told me to get a medical certificate. She said 1 medical certificate is enough.

Makes sense as medical cert. is required (only) for extension from 2 year license.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 7:45 AM, DILLIGAD said:

Let’s hope nearby Sisaket are as easy, as mine are due next month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sisaket is super super easy. Don't worry, be happy. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 8:07 PM, bluesofa said:

approved translator

certified translator by which organization?

I'm living not far Sawang Daen Din since nearly 14 years ;

the first time I came to the Amphur, the civil servant who makes official papers for foreigners answered to me : it doesn't exist :cheesy: .....

Because she never saw one before , so it doesn't exist ..

Now she knows she can make a yellow tabian ban for foreigners;

And I know also that it serves strictly nothing except to prove his place of residence; it saves 500 baht at the immigration office every 5 years .. !!

100 baht each year .. 
At Sakon Nakhon they require a certificate of residence when applying for an extension of their driving license; (motobike + sedans, pickup, minibus)
they also want a medical certificate; it must be delivered by a doctor to the public hospital

Those who, like me, have been living in Thailand for a long time know very well that each province does its own personal cooking with regard to all administrative documents;
what is valid in Chonburi is not valid in Udon Thani or Sakon Nakhon ...but maybe will be tomorrow ...:crazy:

and last thing is not useless,
if you present the day after the anniversary date of your license you will get six years of license and not five.

I just renewed my 5 year car and 2 year bike license in Ubon 2 days ago. Seems like requirements changed slightly since last update here ( or a different staff working that day )
I handed in for both license renewals:
2 x Passport Main Page copies
2x Visa Page copies
2x Entry Stamp copies
2x Work Permit copies ( Main page and latest stamp page )
2x Yellow Book
1x Car Drivers license copy
1x Motorbike Drivers license copy

She took everything. Returned the copies of my drivers licenses and told me to get a medical certificate. She said 1 medical certificate is enough. Got the certificate ( I think I paid 60 Baht for it...or 80? ). Returned, went to the first floor with the documents, handed them in and was told to return at 13:00. That is their testing / lecturing time.
I returned at 13:00, had to take a color blind test, listened to a lecture in Thai for about 30 minutes ( make sure your mobile phone battery is fully charged....you may be bored out of your mind ). Paid the license fees ( 855 Baht for both ). Had picture taken and got both my licenses within a few minutes. Done.

Edit:
I went to the same DLT as Isan Farang located here: 15.279968, 104.861503

Sisaket is super super easy. Don't worry, be happy. 

Don’t know when I posted that but I got them renewed a while back, no problemo!

8 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Don’t know when I posted that but I got them renewed a while back, no problemo!

IsaanbikerSame with me in UBON, done it last 20yrs never had problem and every time super easy and doing 5yr renewal in Main DLT https://goo.gl/maps/enFVzL9nsrUhgnGE8

• Like 1

IsaanbikerSame with me in UBON, done it last 20yrs never had problem and every time super easy and doing 5yr renewal in Main DLT https://goo.gl/maps/enFVzL9nsrUhgnGE8

Yes Marco. Unusual for Thailand, the info provided (in video & tests) were actually better than 5 years ago too!