French man, Thai girlfriend convicted for gruesome murder of Italian expat in rural Thailand

webfact

French man, Thai girlfriend convicted for gruesome murder of Italian expat in rural Thailand

f1-horz.jpg.8a42b9eec6d96603ee00bebe2fc4

A Thai court has sentenced a French man and his Thai girlfriend to 29 years in jail for the brutal murder of an Italian expat in rural Thailand.

Amaury Rigaux, 34, and Rujira Eiumlamai, 38, admitted murdering 61 year old Giuseppe de Stefani in January this year.

As a result of their admission, their sentences were automatically reduced to 14 years each, a source close to the case told Thaivisa on Wednesday.

De Stefani, whose dismembered and charred remains were found in a forest in Phichit province was the ex boyfriend of Rujira, with the pair involved in a turbulent, deceitful and at times violent relationship.

imageproxy-1.jpg

File photo//The Nation

In a hearing which is believed to have taken place on October 31, neighbours told the court how they had witnessed de Stefani being violent towards and even threatening to kill Rujira and her two children which she had from a previous marriage to a Thai man.

Rujira had then started a relationship with Rigaux, which de Stefani became aware of, even offering the Frenchman 100,000 baht to stay away from his girlfriend, but Rigaux failed to comply.

However, de Stefani believed that Rujira was only in a relationship with him for money. When searching their home in Phichit, police found a letter which they believe was written by de Stefani to Rujira which read: “You told me that you loved me only because you wanted money. I have never met a bad person like you before.”

Before the murder of the Italian, Rigaux, Rujira and de Stefani had travelled to a forest in Phitchit’s Bueng Nara district by car.

Police said the trio had stopped in a wooded area where a discussion about the issue escalated into a fight.

The men got out of the car and de Stefani reportedly hit Rigaux, who then took a knife from the car and stabbed de Stefani in the neck.

imageproxy-2.jpg

File photo//The Nation

Earlier this year, Thaivisa’s French site was told how Rujira was a constant influence over Rigaux, who had sneaked into Thailand despite already being blacklisted.

During an argument in 2017, Rujira violently attacked Rigaux slashing him across the face, leaving a scar from the top of his forehead to the bottom of his nose.

Despite the attack, Rigaux remained romantically involved Rujira up until the pair were arrested.

Police found Rujira hiding up a longan tree in a plantation in Tak province on January 29, while Rigaux was apprehended in woodland nearby the previous day.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-08

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the woman, trans, whatever it is, swapped a violent abuser for a murderous psychopathic retard.

I believe the Italian was taken by force into the forest, otherwise why would he had gone, doesn`t make sense.

In this case the death penalty was warranted. It will never be safe to let this couple out in society.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“You told me that you loved me only because you wanted money. I have never met a bad person like you before.”

Gee, it's so rare to hear this in Thailand.  LOL.  

And would this murder have been any better if it had been fastidious instead of gruesome and brutal?  Murder is murder.  Our preference for tidiness obscures our morality at times I think.  

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Scarface and Shemale.

Now that was funny!:cheesy:

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Ridiculous. 

No.

SOP. Standard Operating Procedure here. Admit the crime = half the sentence.

Ain't Rocket science to see that there is gonna be a huge amount of admissions from crims....

13 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

No.

Ain't Rocket science to see that there is gonna be a huge amount of admissions from crims....

Sure, it's obvious you committed the crime and we have evidence, but what the hell! We'll half your sentence if you plead with that magic little word - "Guilty". 

19 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

No.

But possibly including a few innocent people who believe that, despite their innocence, they will be found guilty and therefore opt for the 50% reduction in whatever sentence is handed out.  That is the danger of awarding such a large reduction in sentence.  Perhaps 25% would be a more appropriate reduction, which would still be tempting to convicted criminals but possibly not so attractive to innocents, who may feel they still have a small chance of being found not guilty of the crime for which they are charged.

Archived