Shocking video shows mum dragging dog behind car in Surat Thani

webfact

Shocking video shows mum dragging dog behind car in Surat Thani

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUxMy83NTY5NjY2L25ld3MwMy5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Shocking footage captures the moment a woman in Surat Thani can be seen dragging a dog behind her moving car.

The footage was shared to social media on Wednesday, sparking fierce criticism among netizens.

Sanook reported that police questioned a 37 year old woman, later identified as Namfon Sukoon, who had dragged the dog for more than 10 kilometers at high speed.

Footage of the incident was recorded by another motorist who told police how he tried to get Namfon to stop her car. However, as he approached her vehicle she accelerated at high speed and could not be stopped.

Namfon told police the dog was hers and was already dead before she tied it to the back of her car. She was travelling to dispose of the carcass.

She added that she thought about putting the dead dog inside her vehicle but was worried that a disease or infection may be passed onto her two year old daughter, so she decided place rope around the dog’s neck and tie it to the exhaust of her car.

After being questioned, police released Namfon without charge as they continue to investigate the incident.

Police said if they find evidence the dog was alive when it was tied to the car, Namfon will face animal cruelty charges.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-08

When the truth comes out (if it does) I think you will find that the dog was tied on when alive. just a gut feeling. This is a shocking way to treat any animal, if I was the judge, I would be for tying her to the back of a car and doing 10 km at high speed, I'm absolutely disgusted when I see things like this.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

She added that she thought about putting the dead dog inside her vehicle but was worried that a disease or infection may be passed onto her two year old daughter, so she decided place rope around the dog’s neck and tie it to the exhaust of her car.

She will blame it on the local 7/11 who refused to hand her a plastic bag...

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How can it be cruel if the dog was already dead?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do you really believe the dog was dead?

It would have been easy to pick it up and place it in the boot. Anyway, dead or alive it is disgusting behaviour.

I can't believe that anyone could be so callous if it was alive.

Do you really believe the dog was dead?

It would have been easy to pick it up and place it in the boot. Anyway, dead or alive it is disgusting behaviour.

I can't believe that anyone could be so callous if it was alive.
I agree it was disgusting, but it can't be cruel if the dog was already dead. I have no idea what to believe but I haven't read anywhere that it was alive, except by people speculating on this Forum.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I  have seen soi dogs lieing dead in alleys and along roads, the locals said, not to

touch as maybe disease. One boy even said rabies, so I have  seen people drag their

dead pet to abandoned lots so the smell was gone as well. Some of you people

could ask around and find this out if you got out more.

Geezer

Archived