Can a farang child attend a Thai government school?

Ganador

16 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Are you serious?  Sending the poor boy to some freaky Christian school.... and one for BOYS only!!!  Are you setting him up to get molested?!

I certainly wouldn't, but considering how busy those schools are they must be doing something right to appeal to the wealthier Thais. 

• 1 month later...

My two luk krung boys attended Thai schools from kindergarten to grades 9 & 7 (M3 & M1)  When we arrived from the USA they spoke very little Thai.  They were thrust head first into Sathit Suan Sunandha.  From there they went to Bangkok Christian College.  They excelled at both schools.  Although both could speak English fluently I did send them back to the USA over the Thai school break from March to May.  My sister, who is a school teacher, put them in the school she was at and it improved their English reading skills.  

Flash forward.  They are now 33 & 31.  Each graduated from university in the USA.  Both double majored in Business and Economics.  One works in the high tech industry on the business side in Redmond, WA.  The other works in finance in Bellevue, WA.  

As for the comments about going to an all boys christian school.  They both never reported any issues.  Also Bangkok Christian College might have the name christian on it but it is very secular and no one was ever pushing religion.  The school was still well over 90% Buddhist and even had a few Muslim kids.  

As for the bullying, neither was ever bullied, taunted, or anything like that despite being luk krung.

Archived