Possible to get a Non-Immigrant O for retirement in Savannakhet?

I was advised by immigration that I need to have the funds (top up, because my pension is only 63,000) in the bank account for 3 months before renewing, but the visa expires in 2 weeks. The problem is now that I will probably need a new non-immigrant O visa. Can I get this in Savannakhet? And what paperwork do I need?

I have confirmation of 63,000 pension per month. Can I show a combination of funds when applying? For example 63,000 pension and 100,000 in the bank account. If yes, does it have to be in the bank account for 3 months just to apply for the O visa at the consulate?

What else do I need and what's the nearest place to apply if not Savannakhet?

Edited by marg18

16 minutes ago, marg18 said:

was advised by immigration that I need to have the funds (top up, because my pension is only 63,000) in the bank account for 3 months before renewing, but the visa expires in 2 weeks. The problem is now that I will probably need a new non-immigrant O visa. Can I get this in Savannakhet? And what paperwork do I need?

I have confirmation of 63,000 pension per month. Can I show a combination of funds when applying? For example 63,000 pension and 100,000 in the bank account. If yes, does it have to be in the bank account for 3 months just to apply for the visa? Or not? What else do I need and what's the nearest place to apply if not Savannakhet?

What Immigration Office do you use and what evidence did you give to the Immigration Officer to prove the 63K pear month.

20 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

What Immigration Office do you use and what evidence did you give to the Immigration Officer to prove the 63K pear month.

Ubon Ratchathani immigration 2 weeks ago. With a letter from the embassy confirming the monthly income in both my local currency and THB.

I just posted this in your other topic.

"Yes they will do one with a combination of the two on the date you apply. No need for the 3 months there.

Be sure you give them a copy of your income letter and and only show them your original so it so that you can use it to apply for the extension."

Be sure you update your bank book just before you go to Savannakhet.

You will only need the money to be in the bank for 60 days when you apply for the extension since will it will be considered your first extension since you will have a new 90 day entry to extend.

3 minutes ago, marg18 said:

Ubon Ratchathani immigration 2 weeks ago. With a letter from the embassy confirming the monthly income in both my local currency and THB.

This would be the Combo Method where you put the money in the bank to make up the difference and show the update book on the date you apply with the bank letter verifying the same.  It is my understanding using the combo method does not require the funds be in the bank for any particular length of time.

ONe of the resident experts will come along and verify this.

3 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

This would be the Combo Method where you put the money in the bank to make up the difference and show the update book on the date you apply with the bank letter verifying the same.  It is my understanding using the combo method does not require the funds be in the bank for any particular length of time.

I already explained the 3 month requirement in another topic he did. Most immigration offices want it to be in the bank for 3 months now.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

"Yes they will do one with a combination of the two on the date you apply. No need for the 3 months there.

Be sure you give them a copy of your income letter and and only show them your original so it so that you can use it to apply for the extension."

You will only need the money to be in the bank for 60 days when you apply for the extension since will it will be considered your first extension since you will have a new 90 day entry to extend.

Thanks ???? Sorry for the 2 threads. I will leave the other one for now because it's "case closed". Nothing I can really do if they refuse than going to Savannakhet. Was only a bit concerned because I read some threads from a few years back saying Savannakhet does not issue "O" visas for retirement, etc.

I saw on this website:
http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

under section "- Non–Immigrant "O" it doesn't say anything about a combination method. I don't know how official that page is, but probably nothing I should be worried about then?

Looks like I will be heading there soon and will give a report back so it hopefully helps someone else too ????

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2018 at 5:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

Why doesn't the consulate in Savannakhet mention the combination method at their website? They're only mentioning >65k monthly or 800k in the bank. 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why doesn't the consulate in Savannakhet mention the combination method at their website? They're only mentioning >65k monthly or 800k in the bank. 

Probably an omission when they did the stie. I can recall reports of them accepting a combination of the two.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably an omission when they did the stie. I can recall reports of them accepting a combination of the two.

I have a friend who's only option is the combination method. He wants to kill his O-A and start all over again with a 90 days Non-Immigrant O based on retirement.