E-cigarettes set to be legal in Thailand

webfact

50 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

'will unforseen health issues come in play years down the line from using a vape...probably'

Sheer opinion.  Why do you think this?

Of course its an opinion, as it hasnt happened yet

The basic composition of vape juice is usually propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine and "flavorings"

typically Propylene Glycol and glycerin considered "safe" for human consumption indivdually but combined with the likes of nicotine, a known posion and " flavorings" who knows ?...lest not forget the story of some juices causing "popcorn" lung...ie the use of diacetyl in the juice 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318260.php

and another quote 

We do know that habitual inhalation of aerosolized PG in industrial settings can lead to issues with the central nervous system, personality and behavior changes, and reduced spleen function. In fact, the Dow Chemical Company states that "inhalation exposure to [propylene glycol] mists should be avoided," and the American Chemistry Council has repeatedly issued warnings about inhaling theater fog as it may contribute to eye and respiratory infections.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, johnsnapo said:

Bring the juice in an empty shampoo bottle, keep the hardware in your carry on baggage (They rarely inspect that, especially if you keep it small) I've been through customs about 8 times loaded with vape gear and no problem. there is even a vape site here in Thailand where you can buy the things you need. Just google it, you will find it. keep on vaping !

I flew into bkk this year in jan, I had enough stuff to last me for 6 weeks & never got stopped, stayed in hua hin then travelled to songkhla, flew back up to bkk from Hat Yai, I got stopped at security in the airport and they asked me if my battery was for an ecig, when I said yes, they were fine & just told me to make sure it was always in my hand luggage. I’ve thought about the shampoo bottles, probably the best idea

6 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Of course its an opinion, as it hasnt happened yet

The basic composition of vape juice is usually propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine and "flavorings"

typically Propylene Glycol and glycerin considered "safe" for human consumption indivdually but combined with the likes of nicotine, a known posion and " flavorings" who knows ?...lest not forget the story of some juices causing "popcorn" lung...ie the use of diacetyl in the juice 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318260.php

and another quote 

We do know that habitual inhalation of aerosolized PG in industrial settings can lead to issues with the central nervous system, personality and behavior changes, and reduced spleen function. In fact, the Dow Chemical Company states that "inhalation exposure to [propylene glycol] mists should be avoided," and the American Chemistry Council has repeatedly issued warnings about inhaling theater fog as it may contribute to eye and respiratory infections.

Yes, it's opinion, but it's not scientific opinion is it?

Myths resurface again. Scare stories.

Diacetly2, which is largely no longer used, is to be found in conventional cigarettes at magnitudes far higher than in vapes, and smoking has never been associated with popcorn lung. Those poor workers were subject to industrial levels of fine dust.

And regarding pg, it's really a matter of what is happening at large, smokers who switch to vapes are much healthier than previously. 

Check out the British Medical Association, Royal College of Physicians, Cancer Research UK, and Tobacco Control UK. And recently Academy of Medical Sciences (USA).

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Yes, it's opinion, but it's not scientific opinion is it?

Myths resurface again. Scare stories.

Diacetly2, which is largely no longer used, is to be found in conventional cigarettes at magnitudes far higher than in vapes, and smoking has never been associated with popcorn lung. Those poor workers were subject to industrial levels of fine dust.

And regarding pg, it's really a matter of what is happening at large, smokers who switch to vapes are much healthier than previously. 

Check out the British Medical Association, Royal College of Physicians, Cancer Research UK, and Tobacco Control UK. And recently Academy of Medical Sciences (USA).

Fair enough, my point being no one including the British Medical association, Royal college of physicians and cancer research know what the long side effects of using a vape will be...scientific fact

I am sure at the time some of the above mentioned bodies also supported the use of thalidomide and lest not forget how that turned out

For the record, i used a vape to stop smoking so i am not rabid anti-vape/juice

37 minutes ago, Scottjouro said:

Fair enough, my point being no one including the British Medical association, Royal college of physicians and cancer research know what the long side effects of using a vape will be...scientific fact

I am sure at the time some of the above mentioned bodies also supported the use of thalidomide and lest not forget how that turned out

For the record, i used a vape to stop smoking so i am not rabid anti-vape/juice

It's a fact, yes, that nobody knows the long term health outcomes of vaping for obvious reasons.  

It's not as if predictive studies are not being carried out though. Here's one:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5693960/

Most significantly no markers were found for the early development of COPD.  Overall, there was no cause for concern in any aspect.

Like you, I do worry about constant inhaling of PVG- you would have thought wouldn't you.. but constantly patients and doctors are in fact reporting recovery and not deterioration of lung function.  What's your experience?

Archived