Video: High speed trains coming to Thailand - forget 60kph new trains will top 250 kph!

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Wahey,  sorry you have no seance of humour.

and want to dazzle everyone with your knowledge. 

Please bring on the next total hand job. :coffee1:

Oh, I see.  Sorry, your post was hilarious and not at all looking down on Thais, sorry, Somchais.  It was just brilliant and I should have recognised it as humour.  My mistake.

Total line 220 I'm 

Deduct the kometers of the connection from Don Mueand to the existing airport link, deduct the kilometers from the airport link, guess the high speed, 250 km/h of the remaining kilometers will give a time gain of about 10-12 minutes.

I think a line with the same speed or a little higher say 200 km/h, will give a huge amount of saving in money and enough time gain 

Don't forget above 200 km/h the signalling will be very different, not a good idea to have different signalling on the same line and/or in the same rolling stock.

Think again, Thailand! 

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand is not ready for a weaponized train system, 

Sums it up perfectly Sir .. Top of the Pops for road deaths already imagine the carnage hundreds of tons of heavy metal at 3 figure speeds could cause .. 

21 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Total line 220 I'm 

Deduct the kometers of the connection from Don Mueand to the existing airport link, deduct the kilometers from the airport link, guess the high speed, 250 km/h of the remaining kilometers will give a time gain of about 10-12 minutes.

I think a line with the same speed or a little higher say 200 km/h, will give a huge amount of saving in money and enough time gain 

Don't forget above 200 km/h the signalling will be very different, not a good idea to have different signalling on the same line and/or in the same rolling stock.

Think again, Thailand! 

The question is why would passengers landing in Don Mueang, or Suvarnabhumi, want to get to Utapao at full speed, or the reverse?

Another, more grandiose, possibility would be to connect all the country's airports with high speed trains, thus removing the need for flying...and the need for new stations since the airports would simply be rebranded train stations...

14 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

I heard ,from a reliable source, that this one is actually going ahead no tendering until after the election

Design, build, operate tenders go in this weekend (I think midnight tonight is actually the deadline).

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Government initiatives would see trains running between the main airports at top speeds of 250 kph. 

Or maybe not.

The government's proposed high speed bullet train line from Bangkok to Chiang Mai would also have a maximum operational speed of 250kph.

But because the Japanese proposal cost for the project was too much, Prayut said that the train should only go 180 to 200 kph to keep costs down.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1024423-bullet-train-or-chug-a-lug-thai-pm-orders-the-japanese-to-slow-down-to-save-money/

So there's Top Speed, then there's Prayut's Slow Speed.

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I for one would not be using them here.

Imagine the possible catastrophes with a train travelling at that speed and then you've got some goon on a bike in the middle of nowhere trying to cut across the track. 

fast and efficient

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I for one would not be using them here.

Imagine the possible catastrophes with a train travelling at that speed and then you've got some goon on a bike in the middle of nowhere trying to cut across the track. 

The footage in the video linked to in the article shows the high speed trains operating on elevated tracks at least a couple of meters off the ground. So unless your 'goon on a bike' can fly - or is very good at climbing up concrete pillars while carrying his bike, the problem shouldn't arise. 

Please lift your faces out of the beer mugs and think of the future. The line to U Tapao goes through Pattaya, a popular resort and past many important EEC districts. U Tapao can be expanded, and the line can be extended to Rayong and further. 3 Airports is just the start. As Crossy says, the bids are going in in the next few days and the Government want to award quickly. Keep your eye on developments.

7 hours ago, johng said:

I live right next to the railway line on the way to U-Tapao airport  the line is not even dual track yet (dual bit stops in north Pattaya) let alone any sign at all they are building the elevated rail line

for a 250KPH train....  I would go for the cheaper  "intercity 125"  like they use in the UK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterCity_125

But 125 is 125 miles an hour = 201kph, so why would that be cheaper than 250kph 

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's definitely going to happen "soon".

As Crossy said the 3 airport link has tenders due imminent.

The submittal date is 12 november and they expect to announce a winner quickly. This is PPP which is different from just construction bidding, and there are some very heavyweight candidates bidding.

The politics may mean it takes a lot longer to agree who won.

The sino thai rail to the north east is totally different and now on track to move forward very quickly. The doubters should realise this is chinese funding and chinese rail systems that they can build extremely quickly.

Dont be surprised if they get the first section of the sino thai built within 3 years however for it to be operational is a different matter.

I dont believe that locally they are capable yet to operate, and it takes years to set up what is required, and train people. For it to happen the chinese may have to operate it initially or at least manage the operations.

People are right to be concerned about safety. Rail systems have many safety requirements dictated. Whether there will be the same attention to these in thailand as elsewhere is going to be seriously tested.

TIT, we can only wait and see.

8 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Have been talking about it for years and like everything else with this junta government nothing happens. The elite had a ground breaking ceremony and party a year or so ago but still haven't yet got around to calling tenders; still held up at envelope negotiation stage.

The hard part of setting ticket prices has been done, the rest will be easy. 

This story is nothing more than pre-election propaganda. 

All those shiny shovels are getting rusty in some government storage shed.

Thailand's Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha (C) and Wang Xiaotao (C-L), a representative of the Chinese Government, participate in a groundbreaking ceremony in Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Thailand, Dec. 21, 2017.

https://www.voanews.com/a/after-delays-ground-broken-for-thailand-china-railway-project/4173074.html

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Such a train has to be fully fenced.

Will have no level crossings.

Pass over or under roads, running on pillars.

Bloody expensive, throwing billions and billions at a project with little effect for common people.

At the same time rundown buses held together by paint creep on shaky roads.

Just 10 km from where I live they are building a fly over ,over the railway line ,in anticipating the new high speed train .and looking at it all it will cost a good few million baht, and this is just one of how many. 

If it has any to do with the fact that the  road carry's 40% of the sugar cane traffic  going to our local sugar mill I do not know ,this is in central Lopburi province.

If the HST dose not get built ,the guy manning the now present  level  crossings  will be out of a job .

Many people saying there will be many fatal accidents, I don’t think so, there have been one accident with the mrt since they started to operate, none with the bts or airport rail link.

mrt and bts top speed is 80kph, while the airport rail link top speed is 160kph but operate on 120 kph.

I’m sure the Japanese or the Chinese or whoever gonna maintain those trains know what they are doing, they are the best in the world on high speed trains, China’s high speed network is the largest in the world from 2007 to 2018 they have more then 20,000km of railway.

the only thing that makes me cry is that it will takes forever to build the high speed rail in this country, they are slowly,lazy, and lack workers to work...

World longest high speed rail line Beijing to shanghai was build in 2,5 years, they Chinese are fast en effective, in Europe it would take 10 years probably and in Thailand 250 years..

time the thais hey their stuff together and be more hard working, effective and better planning.

if they get things done at time credits to them, fine construction companies heavily who are behind schedule so they can feel the fire burn in their pockets, I’m tired of slow progress.

Archived