Video: High speed trains coming to Thailand - forget 60kph new trains will top 250 kph!

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure if I would ever trust the Thai people to maintain the tracks to allow these high speed trains to operate.

Not sure if the English word "Maintenance" has a Thai equivalent, but I rarely see it in action, anywhere, in this country ?

14 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Please lift your faces out of the beer mugs and think of the future. The line to U Tapao goes through Pattaya, a popular resort and past many important EEC districts. U Tapao can be expanded, and the line can be extended to Rayong and further. 3 Airports is just the start. As Crossy says, the bids are going in in the next few days and the Government want to award quickly. Keep your eye on developments.

Bangkok will be underwater before any of these trains are operational.

Forget trains; solar powered airships are the furure.

they could do it....article 44 the right of way, award the contract to the chinese, and it could be up and running within 12 months.

fully-fenced or elevated or underground, there will be no crossings.  can't guarantee no fence-cutters will try to drive cattle across the track to save time, though.

also consider max speed within urban areas, including the entire run from don muang to suvarnabhumi would be 60-80 kmh.

umm.....whose cousin gets the maintenance contract?

Picture 194.jpg

On 11/9/2018 at 11:30 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Bla bla since xx years.

"News" out of nowhere, this TNN seems bored.

I have little hope that I will see it during my lifetime.

believe it ,  certainly round hua hin  area some  years  back they fenced  off a wider section around the existing  rails and have already  built many fly over  bridges crossing  where the tracks will go, these bridges are  huge

you get the shitty Chinese trains and you get a max speed is 250 kph! (and sure it will average with 200 kph)  the first bullet train japanese did in 1970 was going at 320 + kph!

so Thailand got the old tech unfortunately.

why not making it 320 kph so people arrives the destination faster? why not getting the new tech to Thailand?

beyond my understanding and loam received from china holds a very high interest rate too.

overall, a rip off and tax payers' money is ripped off. but sure some guys won and got rich, as usual!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/9/2018 at 11:31 AM, Lungstib said:

The important word here is 'coming'. Not here yet, planned for the future and no idea of quite when. With Thailand apparent lack of safety features and proper maintenance speeds of 250kph could have the trains competing with the cars for impressive wreckage.

Each to be fitted with a snow plough contraption on the front and the butcher will wait at the end of the line

On 11/10/2018 at 9:56 AM, owl sees all said:

Bangkok will be underwater before any of these trains are operational.

Forget trains; solar powered airships are the furure.

If they can get this up and running big boost for all to see

Archived