53 women caught in sex trade raid at karaoke bar

snoop1130

53 women caught in sex trade raid at karaoke bar

By Narong Nuansakul 
The Nation

fecde8ca5b6ef976179b4a3d5f259e7b.jpeg

Fifty-three Lao females – including three girls under 18 – were rounded up in a raid on a karaoke bar in Narathiwat's Muang district following a tip-off of alleged underage prostitution and human trafficking.

DSI Bureau of Human Trafficking Crime director Pol Lt Colonel Torsak Sawadimongkol and Narathiwat Immigration Office superintendent Pol Colonel Noppadol Rakchat led a 60-strong team to search the bar on Rangae Makka Road, at 12.30am on Friday.

Police searched the Fan Mai Karaoke Bar after three Lao workers – apparently under 18 – agreed to provide sex services to undercover police.

The 53 workers were later screened by forensic officers as well as officials from the provincial social development and human security office, labour office and Alliance Anti Trafic (AAT) Foundation.

An anonymous source at AAT said the raid of this bar followed a tip-off provided by a foundation volunteer in Laos that three girls were lured into prostitution in the Thai southern border province.

Narathiwat social development and human security officer Masapi Incharansat said 53 workers had passports and visas but they worked in the illegal profession of prostitution. 

The three underage girls – who consented or were forced into prostitution -– were regarded as human trafficking victims and would be sent to the Narathiwat Children and Family Home for rehabilitation and legal protection. 

Police are also preparing charges of violating the Child Protection Act 2003, the Labour Protection Act and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act 2008.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358250

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-9

Here is the real Thai sex trade that primarily caters to Thai males.  And it's larger in scope and more pervasive by magnitudes than the limited sex trade that caters to foreigners in tourist cities.  But the limited foreign sex trade gets all the press including the insinuations that virtually every foreign guy is either a monger or a 'sexpat'.  <laughs> 

23 hours ago, connda said:

Here is the real Thai sex trade that primarily caters to Thai males.  And it's larger in scope and more pervasive by magnitudes than the limited sex trade that caters to foreigners in tourist cities.  But the limited foreign sex trade gets all the press including the insinuations that virtually every foreign guy is either a monger or a 'sexpat'.  <laughs> 

I lived down there for around a year while birding. And lived in the hotels where that was going on. It was insane to say the least.

The one thing that really stands out for me is, the Thai women working there were absolutely stunning IMO. 

I used to eat where the girls would come for supper. Natural beauties.

Malaysian and Thai men have good taste to say the least.

If I were into that sort of thing that is where I would be.. Amazing.

good if they can get a few victims out of the trafficking situation.
maybe the over 18-teens would have been happy to get out as well,
but have no information where to go and thus dare not.

(Is there a number people in a trafficking situation can call, if they get a chance?
TV could post it here, somewhere is better than nowhere.
Similar to helpline number for those at suicide risk)

Sometimes it is good that there is some discretion in the investigation and instigation is, IMHO, in such cases acceptable

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Hmmmmm ..... live in Laos or work in a Thai brothel?

Laos isn't much fun.

question is about voluntary or forced.
what job someone does is up to them,

but being in forced labor in not something most people dream of as a child.. ..

6 hours ago, KKr said:

I saw a group of people come into that area to save the kids from abuse.

The group that I saw come in were farang, and stayed a week maybe two? And were gone?

Wish now I would of asked the working girls what was going on.

Actually the gals I met were pretty happy IMO.

Regards

Look at the name of the karaoke that was raided, Fan Mai, that's Mandarin for "to sell or to peddle" - this is a Thai/Chinese, Thai/Chinese Malay brothel on the border catering to Malay's, it's huge business in the border towns all the way up to Hat Yai.

8 hours ago, KKr said:

Being forced to work on a farm isn't something most people dream of at any age.

Working in a brothel is making the best of many hard choices for a lot of the girls.

Not everyone has the choice to live on welfare all their life.

If I were a woman, that would probably be my first choice.

11 hours ago, garyk said:

I saw a group of people come into that area to save the kids from abuse.

The group that I saw come in were farang, and stayed a week maybe two? And were gone?

Wish now I would of asked the working girls what was going on.

Actually the gals I met were pretty happy IMO.

Regards

Re: "pretty happy"
I happen to know of a few ladies that love to go to work and literally jump on the first guest of the day. 
(no P.M.'s about what, where, how and why please ???? )

Anyway, nothing like an obvious group of falangs in lined khakis, brown shoes, dress shirts and gold watch with black non-crocodile strap to get things sorted and improve the world. 
Surely all the do-gooders did was converse with the ladies of the night, in the girls' mother tongue !
Hence, I suppose the report of the working girls would have been rather boring, with mention of "no tip", and "[other] custeme no like".

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Being forced to work on a farm isn't something most people dream of at any age.

Working in a brothel is making the best of many hard choices for a lot of the girls.

Not everyone has the choice to live on welfare all their life.

If I were a woman, that would probably be my first choice.

if it is their choice, so be it,
(and it is never to late to change your future should you so desire ????

I was more thinking about the 12-16 year old girls that get lured into making debts, then coerced into going to work as a room-maid in the big city and find out they are the once-a-maiden-in-the-room and all they have to do is polish knobs at an astounding speed.

2 hours ago, KKr said:

Re: "pretty happy"
I happen to know of a few ladies that love to go to work and literally jump on the first guest of the day. 
(no P.M.'s about what, where, how and why please ???? )

Anyway, nothing like an obvious group of falangs in lined khakis, brown shoes, dress shirts and gold watch with black non-crocodile strap to get things sorted and improve the world. 
Surely all the do-gooders did was converse with the ladies of the night, in the girls' mother tongue !
Hence, I suppose the report of the working girls would have been rather boring, with mention of "no tip", and "[other] custeme no like".

I was in Kolok and up and down the border, on and off for a year, and that is when I saw the farang come in. Actually I was going to go talk to them, but I sat and watched them for 30 minutes or an hour, and they were so arrogant and pushy I backed off. 

Kinda wished I had talked to them now. It was a couple of guys and their wife's, I assume. They had a policemen with them.  

I lived there several years ago now. Back then Kolok was what I would describe as a wild wild west town. Kinda neat to see.

Archived