Big Joke: UK woman was not raped on Phuket; Thai "sushi maker" arrested

rooster59

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Penetrated by the same filthy finger he uses to pick his nose. I am sure non consensual sex of any kind is RAPE.

If you think that finger is dirty you better not touch ANYTHING in Thailand, since they all do it without any shame...

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Did the police smell his finger,then decide he only Penetrated her

with his finger,if he was a sushi maker his fingers would smell 

fishy anyway, this seem to be a ploy be the Police to say no rape

occurred.so no more bad news.

regards worgeordie

Now that was far kin funny Geordie  ????

one of your best

3 hours ago, Bkkthebest said:

Why does the woman ask a man to take her to a hotel? For what? 

Because she had been drinking with him that night (she was alone on holiday in Phuket) and when she got too drunk she asked him to bring her back to the hotel......

sounds like a decent girl....maybe a little naive but hey....

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I tend to agree with Aussieroaming above. Here is an English Dictionary definition of rape................

rape

[reyp]
ExamplesWord Origin

See more synonyms for rape on Thesaurus.com

noun
  1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without  force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

But it's enough with one "Rape Island" only in the British news, probably therefore...????

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Any women anywhere in the world that place themselves in situations like that are putting themselves in great danger.

There are men out there that will try and manipulate the vulnerabilities to their own advantage, that is a fact. For example; I would not walk alone at night in a remote area carrying a large amount of cash or jewellery on me, that in anybodies opinion would be madness. So what`s the difference? Another example, I would not park my car with the key in it`s ignition, engine running hoping no one will steal it.

My point being, there are unscrupulous people out there that would do us harm if we leave ourselves vulnerable, so we use common sense and do the best to keep ourselves and our property safe.  

They want to take an inherently unsafe activity and make it safe. They want to submit to a man without having to submit; they want a man who can tame their feral self. They want him to trip their danger signals. Even better if he is a stranger from a strange land.

They want this all to happen without giving up their freedom; they want to play this out in the context of serial monogamy, so they can feel loved while also claiming their promiscuity is moral. They want to lose control to a string of strangers who have all of the hallmarks of very dangerous men, and they want a promise that this will always end well.

They want to know that this will be safe, without it losing the excitement of it feeling unsafe. They are telling men to build a sort of serial monogamy amusement park where they can ride the roller coaster and experience the fear of falling or crashing, while knowing that just behind the scenes grown ups are actually in charge and are responsible for them safely feeling unsafe.

One more thing. As I mentioned above they don’t want to be hemmed in. So instead of building an actual amusement park, they want roller coasters to spring up randomly in the same exact circumstances where the real danger they mimic would appear. They want to be driving their car on the freeway one instant, and the next experience the fear of careening out of control. They want to impulsively jump off the edge of the Grand Canyon and have a parachute appear and deploy at the last minute. And all they ask is your guarantee that all of this will be safe.

How to guarantee satisfaction

8 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Phuket! no crime,  no corruption,  no mafia. 

Because we say so. 

AND.... We will prosecute you for publishing any thing different than we say.......

Does anyone know the definition of a 'Police State' ??????????

Do we fit the definition????????

No comment on the case itself. But why does immigration chief investigate or comment on something totally unrelated to his position .

was it not a job for Royal thai police and or tourist police?

would appear big joke desire is to be on all fronts and papers, unsure due to his own doing or higher powers .

She was certainly naïve.  Every female tourist coming to Thailand should be warned that if they have too much to drink then there is a strong likelihood she will be taken advantage of and probably raped by a local.  Thai men are like that so be warned.

What does it say about the country?   OK stupid question

27 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

I could have sworn BJ had moved into an immigration role. He keeps popping up all over the place. He certainly has a knack for making the front page. 

I THINK BJ is Thailand's new 'Poster child' (like a charitable organization soliciting donations - with a poster child)....... Thailand keeps playing him like an 'ACE in the HOLE'.......

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Just a moment, please.

The woman was drinking at the bar alone, got drunk and then asks a man who was not a taxi driver to take her back to her hotel.

So she was not drunk enough to invite a man to take her to her hotel, but too drunk to ask staff to call her a taxi. After she passed out  fell asleep, the man probably took advantage of the situation and took the woman to his house instead.

Surely don`t women bear some responsibilities towards their own safety and vulnerabilities? I am not condoning what the guy did, if had been me I`d simply had called her a taxi, but sorry, have little sympathy for this woman either.

You make a good nuanced point. Rape is always wrong. We both agree. 

Saying that women has some responsibility in the situation is not politically correct at the moment. It's called victim blaming.

But I would for sure teach my daughters how to avoid situations like this. 

That being said, I still think she didn't deserve what happened to her and I do have lots of sympathy for her.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Someone needs to tell Big Joke that still comes under rape maybe not in Thailand but in the Western World it constitutes rape he penetrated the poor woman, so does this mean the rapist gets a lessor sentence .

Why is she a poor woman? She was too naive and got her lesson now.

Also she drank too much while being out there all alone....very stupid but hey some folks need to learn things the hard way.

1 minute ago, Thian said:

Why is she a poor woman? She was too naive and got her lesson now.

Also she drank too much while being out there all alone....very stupid but hey some folks need to learn things the hard way.

Nice one.  Blame the victim.  Would you have 'taught her a lesson' by sticking your digit in her? You're sick.

15 minutes ago, Thian said:

Indians are even worse...i remember going in to the bus with my ex-gf (long blond hair) in India for a long trip...our seats were in the back the last ones and when we entered the bus all the men suddenly hang out of their seats with their hands exactly at the height of my gf's crotch.....she had no other choice than walking at let them all grab while i walked right behind her.

Later in the train sleeper at night a man came to sit on her bed....she let him and i slept above her...in the middle of the night she screamed loud, a lot of stumbling and that guy grabbed her crotch but she kicked him off the bedbench...i woke up but he was already gon in the dark....for 48 hours we were in that train but we couldn't find him anymore...

I can go on like this but this is about thailand, not india.

Did you admonish your girlfriend for riding the bus?  Did you shame her like you shame and blame the raped person featured in the article?  What possessed you to put your girlfriend in danger in India knowing the men would want to grab her?  She had no other choice?  Really? How so? You were there. Why didn't you help her?  Why'd you take the top bunk and let your girlfriend get groped below you?  She let a stranger sit on her bed???!!!  Sounds to me like she was flirting with him, asking for it.  Kind of the way you said the Brit was asking for it with the sushi maker, eh?  

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

She was certainly naïve.  Every female tourist coming to Thailand should be warned that if they have too much to drink then there is a strong likelihood she will be taken advantage of and probably raped by a local.  Thai men are like that so be warned.

Thanks for informing us that this doesn't happen in our home countries, but only in Thailand

15 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Thanks for informing us that this doesn't happen in our home countries, but only in Thailand

Consider this statement: "23 is a number." Does the statement imply that 23 is the only number?

3 minutes ago, hobz said:
20 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Consider this statement: "23 is a number." Does the statement imply that 23 is the only number?

Tell us why ladies have to be warned about Thai men specific when the very same actually happens everywhere in the world, including their home countries?

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Tell us why ladies have to be warned about Thai men specific when the very same actually happens everywhere in the world, including their home countries?

May be because in other countries men do not have retarded grin across their face when they plan to rape someone? So the smiles and friendliness is actually fake. Just may be that would be a good reason?

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Rubbish.

25 years ago in the UK, a neighbour`s 32 year old wife decided to meet her friend (another female) for a drink in a pub on a Friday evening after work.

At midnight an hour after the pub closing time she did not arrive home. Her husband started to worry and went out walking the streets looking for her without success, also did not know the friend she was meeting, just someone from work she said. At 3.00 in the morning still no wife at home and her husband called the police. He was told a person has to be no show for 24 hours before the police treat a case as a missing person unless involving a minor.

At 10.00 the following morning his wife turned up. When he asked his wife where she`d been, said; she got drunk, a guy in the pub offered to give her a lift home. Then after that all she could remember was waking up in the guy`s bed the following morning. The husband decided to call the police to report his wife had been abducted and raped. But his wife was adamant she did not want the police involved.

Suspecting something was off with her story her husband visited the pub and asked the barman and some customers questions. It transpired that his wife had met a friend in there, but got chatting with a male customer. Several drinks later her friend left the pub and the guy`s wife willingly went off with the guy. The husband was told that his wife and the guy were openly flirting with each other and both were very drunk.

A short time later the husband filed for divorce after 8 years of marriage, deciding his wife could never be trusted after that incident.

Now for example this would have happened in Thailand, thousands of miles away from her home turf and those she knows, she would had probably said she`d been taken advantage off and raped to protect her own reputation.

So saying this is a male Thai trait is just bigoted nonsense.

Archived