Savage Attack On Tourist In Internet Shop...........

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail: February 16th 2007

Maybe some Thai Visa members can help with this...........

While checking my email in Enjoy Internet shop on Wed. January 31 at about 12:45, I saw 2 internet workers attack a tourist customer.

They punched him and kicked him as he was about to leave. He was told to go because he asked them to open the air conditioner, as the air was very bad and stuffy at the time.

In a case like this the police are prone to believe the Thai people; e.g. a few years ago 2 Thai men attacked a tourist in the street, and tried to rob his watch and money. He punched them in defence, and when the police arrived he was put in jail for 3 days because he attacked 2 Thai people.

In this attack on January 31, the internet worker claims the tourist customer attacked him first, which is highly unlikely, but since this is Thailand, the police believed him.

In view of this, I feel its time to make a stand against the brutal conduct of a few people, and I ask the other 9 or 10 customers in the Internet shop to go to the police station at Soi 9 to make a statement about what happened. They should get a receipt, or stamped copy from the police to confirm it’s recorded in a proper manner.

Also please contact me for further info at frankxyxy@ yahoo.com

Signed,

Frank Smyth

Did the internet shop have any video security cameras installed? Was it 12.45 am or pm?Unfortunately being passive bystandars, not getting involved and minding one's business is the rule here. Just like the ostrich syndrome. I hope they can find witnesses who are willing to come forward in the guy's defense but it's unlikely.

I never cease to be amazed at the news in Pattaya over the recent months. There seems to be an increasing amount of attacks on Foreign tourists and the attackers seem to always get away with it every time in one way or another. The longer that these people get away with the crimes against tourists the more they will commit them. If you are the victim you lose and if you decide to protect yourself you lose even more and do a few days in the 'monkey house' to boot.

I was seriously considering moving from Bangkok to Pattaya in the future and i even went house hunting, but with recent turn of events i am staying put.

I think that the only way to combat this issue is to hit them in the pocket where it really hurts. These stories should be put out to the International press so that the world is fully aware of what to expect from holidays in 'The land Of smiles'. Maybe a reduction in tourism would lead to a reduction in crime.

Rick

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail: February 16th 2007

Maybe some Thai Visa members can help with this...........

While checking my email in Enjoy Internet shop on Wed. January 31 at about 12:45, I saw 2 internet workers attack a tourist customer.

They punched him and kicked him as he was about to leave. He was told to go because he asked them to open the air conditioner, as the air was very bad and stuffy at the time.

In a case like this the police are prone to believe the Thai people; e.g. a few years ago 2 Thai men attacked a tourist in the street, and tried to rob his watch and money. He punched them in defence, and when the police arrived he was put in jail for 3 days because he attacked 2 Thai people.

In this attack on January 31, the internet worker claims the tourist customer attacked him first, which is highly unlikely, but since this is Thailand, the police believed him.

In view of this, I feel its time to make a stand against the brutal conduct of a few people, and I ask the other 9 or 10 customers in the Internet shop to go to the police station at Soi 9 to make a statement about what happened. They should get a receipt, or stamped copy from the police to confirm it’s recorded in a proper manner.

Also please contact me for further info at frankxyxy@ yahoo.com

Signed,

Frank Smyth

Now this has a bad smell to it.

Frank fails to mention whether he made any statement to

the police on this matter.

Also I have highlighted the words "I saw" and his opinion

that the version given to police was "highly unlikely".

If he saw what happened it was not "highly unlikely" it was

untrue.

:o

Does anybody know where the Enjoy Internet cafe is??

There's 3 of them that I know about.

All on soi Buakhou, one at the night market behind the family mart, one near Pattaya Klang and one towards soi honey, all on the same side.

I've used 2 of the offices for years on end and never had a problem and one of the reasons why I keep returning is because they never rip you off. There is more to this story me thinks, :o

Does anybody know where the Enjoy Internet cafe is??

There's 3 of them that I know about.

All on soi Buakhou, one at the night market behind the family mart, one near Pattaya Klang and one towards soi honey, all on the same side.

I've used 2 of the offices for years on end and never had a problem and one of the reasons why I keep returning is because they never rip you off. There is more to this story me thinks, :o

Thanks I`ve used the one at the night market behind the family mart for a year or two now but never knew what it was called, I think they charged 25 baht for the hour and always polite and provide free water. :D

Ok ... So has Frank been to the station to make a statement ? Or is he too Co-Dependent ?

Naka.