Transportation From Chiang Rai To Phayao

jowong

Hi,

I will visit Phayao at the end of Feb-2007. I'll arrive Chiang Rai Airport from Hong Kong via Bangkok. I want to get information :1. the price if I go to Phayao by taxi2. can I get the bus to Phayao bus station from the bus station at Chiang Rai Town and what is the route number

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I will visit Phayao at the end of Feb-2007. I'll arrive Chiang Rai Airport from Hong Kong via Bangkok. I want to get information :1. the price if I go to Phayao by taxi2. can I get the bus to Phayao bus station from the bus station at Chiang Rai Town and what is the route number

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Not sure of the taxi fare but the distance is around 100 Km. I guess that THB 1,000 should do it. Plenty of air-conditioned buses leave the central bus station and the journy is comfortable on good hi-ways taking maximum 1 hr 30 mins ways. Fare depends on Type of bus taken but would not exceed THB 150. Phayao is due south on Route 1

Happy holidays

AjarnP :o

Edited by AjarnP

Hi,

Not sure of the taxi fare but the distance is around 100 Km. I guess that THB 1,000 should do it. Plenty of air-conditioned buses leave the central bus station and the journy is comfortable on good hi-ways taking maximum 1 hr 30 mins ways. Fare depends on Type of bus taken but would not exceed THB 150. Phayao is due south on Route 1

Happy holidays

AjarnP :o

Thank you for your information. I know there will be a bus station in the Chiang Rai Town, I plan to take a taxi to the bus station from the airport and change bus to Phayao. I try to get more information from the information counter in the airport. Thank you. :D

There is also a local bus that goes from Chiang Rai to Phayao. It's like a city bus with no air etc but it's a very interesting trip although takes a long time. The bus goes on and off the highway into all sorts of small communities and also picks up people standing by the side of the road and drops them off wherever they want. It's a great way to see the countryside not just the side of the highway.

Sounds horrendous having to stop and wait all the time and if you're more than 4ft5 you will have problems with fitting anywhere.

Drinking in the culture of an area is sometimes worth the extra time spent in the endeavor. It's like a city bus and just stops when there are people on the side of the road or someone wants to get off and has a lot more room than the express 2-3 seating on some of the buses. I'm 6 ft and about 200# and i don't have a problem and they let you open the windows.... :o