Boca vs. River!

Jingthing

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

The latest is that the final will be played on either December 8 or 9 outside of Argentina, unless the powers that be decide to award the Cup to Boca. Boca has appealed that the Cup be awarded to them in a walkover, due to the River hooligans behavior in attacking the bus. A decision expected by Friday.

Thanks. I think either decision is reasonable but I think playing it outside Argentina is better. 

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Now the latest is that if not awarded a walkover Boca will appeal all the way to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne.

Hope they get the walkover. That would be the best way to punish the fans. They'd think twice about doing it again. No room for idiots attacking opposing teams in this sport.

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hope they get the walkover. That would be the best way to punish the fans. They'd think twice about doing it again. No room for idiots attacking opposing teams in this sport.

Yeah, I agree, and not just as a Boca fan. OTOH thinking that a walkover would have an effect on some of the barra bravas in Argentina is likely wishful thinking. They live for the violence and chaos. The hopeful outcome would be for the clubs to disengage from the bravas, but that is pretty wishful as well.

Fan violence in Argentina is a metastasized cancer.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I demand a game of football...if you get your walkover Jellybean I'll search Bangkok high and low until I find you then you will get a proper wedgie mark my words.

Si si si!

No, no, no !

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

9th December in Madrid....call Jellybean for flight tickets as it seems he has booked them all from Bangkok.

Mafiosa......?????

Easier for me to get to Madrid on short notice than Argentina !

There are some reasons to like this decision, but it sets a horrible precedent. Moving South America's preeminent club game out of the continent is a negative in nearly every way. OTOH a case can be made that it has been earned, not just by the River Plate hooligans, but by CONMEBOL, and South America's long history of sustaining the gang culture.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Madrid huh?
Interesting.
Won't it be filled with all those River millionaires?
Or are they going to limit sales to Argentinians?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Apparently Jellybean is taking his Boca firm over.

By all accounts they are very tasty indeed!

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Madrid huh?
Interesting.
Won't it be filled with all those River millionaires?
Or are they going to limit sales to Argentinians?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The latest on tickets:

5,000 each for Boca and River

20,000 with priority to Argentine residents in Spain

6,000 corporate/courtesy

40,000 for the general public

I think the cheapest ticket is around $80euros.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:44 PM, mrbojangles said:

Do you think City should have had a walkover against Liverpool in the Champions League? I have a lot of sympathy with the idea, but there is always the argument that what goes on outside a ground is mostly beyond the control of the clubs. 

Archived