BANGKOK 19 July 2019 13:15
geejay

Is the 65,000 Baht into Thai Bank required every month I stay or every month of the year

Hi Everyone

I am a little confused and I would appreciate some advice.

My wife and I are both British Citizens and each year we spend about a total of seven months over three trips here in Thailand.

We are here on Retirement visa's and next year will be applying for an extension based on Retirement.

Since the British Consulate will no longer issue proof of income letters, my question is, do I have transfer a minimum of 65,000 Baht into my Thai Bank each month that I am here or every month of the year?

The 800,000 deposit is not an option for us.

Also is the 65,000 Baht enough to include my wife?

Thank you for any advice

Extensions of Stay for Retirement are granted for one year. I have never heard of a custom made one, granted for some unusual time period because of the limited financial resources of the applicant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I would have thought the METV would best suit the OP's needs.

An option if they are happy to do border runs.

2 hours ago, geejay said:

Since the British Consulate will no longer issue proof of income letters, my question is, do I have transfer a minimum of 65,000 Baht into my Thai Bank each month that I am here or every month of the year?

As I understand it, Immigration will not accept that as "proof" of income, hence them wanting the Embassy letters...………..if that is not the case can someone update me?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The wife tags along as a family member (spouse). Dependancy doesn't come in to it.

So out of "like to know..." What is then dependent? I thought that this was just dependent.. But plse explain to me...

glegolo

22 minutes ago, glegolo said:
44 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The wife tags along as a family member (spouse). Dependancy doesn't come in to it.

So out of "like to know..." What is then dependent? I thought that this was just dependent.. But plse explain to me...

glegolo

Dependant

noun

a person who relies on another, especially a family member, for financial support.

The extension we are discussing is for a family member to be able to stay in the country with another family member that has been given permission to stay.

Qualification for the extension is dependent on (based on) relationship; not dependent (based on) on being dependant (reliant for financial support).

• Like 1