LS2 Helmet

canthai55

Had this in my suitcase when I jumped on the bird.

Never been a fan of full face, or modular, due to the lack of peripheral vision. This one solves that problem.

Picked it because it is white, and has great ventilation. Built in drop down sun visor. All necessary for riding here in LOS.

Just a short trip so far, but am liking it. The stripes glow in the dark for better visibility, altho I refrain from night riding whenever possible.

Well pleased.

https://fortnine.ca/en/ls2-ff324-metro-evo-firefly-helmet

LS2.jpg

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Had to switch it off after 60 seconds.

Did'nt understand a word he was saying.

All those big tech words i did'nt understand were, er, giving me a headache......

I'll stick with my flat cap........ and ferrets.....

(edit - seriously though - this guy does some great bike reviews on this channel).

Yeah - bought it from this company. Cheap, free shipping.

Still wear my beanie - but on long trips like a little more protection.

Took a bug of some kind on the chin in spring - drew blood and hurt like a MoFo.

Reviews say this is too drafty for Canada - perfect for here. Got a fat head so ordered a 2XL - fits perfect. Forehead needs some compaction, but this will occur over time as the foam compresses.

No German overpriced crap for me !!!

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Yeah - bought it from this company. Cheap, free shipping.

Still wear my beanie - but on long trips like a little more protection.

Took a bug of some kind on the chin in spring - drew blood and hurt like a MoFo.

Reviews say this is too drafty for Canada - perfect for here. Got a fat head so ordered a 2XL - fits perfect. Forehead needs some compaction, but this will occur over time as the foam compresses.

No German overpriced crap for me !!!

That helmet looks interesting at that price.

Can you see the date of manufacture on it?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

LS2 helmets are actually pretty good helmets.  Some of the safety ratings are better than higher priced helmets.  Ive had several LS2 helmets and now that Im back in NZ I bought another one.  Its great and will go well with the bike (when I finally get to buy my dream KTM 690 SMC).

• 2 weeks later...

Got around 5000 km on mine now - time for an update.

It was a little tight when new, but after a few rides it started to loosen up, as they do.

Ventilation is number one - best of any helmet I have ever worn.

Styrofoam inner liner has channels in it which combined with the vents on top and the rear exhaust vents keep my scalp dry, first time I have ever had this happen with any helmet. White color may help - ???

The faceshield has many detents - in slow going I crack it open to the first one and - with the chin vent - get a nice blast of cool air.

No turbulence at high speeds - think 140-150. Rock solid.

Not the most quiet helmet - on par with the HJC it replaced - but totally bearable.

Glad I got it.

does the lip on the front not catch a lot of wind and put strain on your neck?

I've a Shoei GT Air but looking for a flip up as next purchase, i alomost melt when sitting at the lights or going through the city....

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

I've a Shoei GT Air but looking for a flip up as next purchase, i alomost melt when sitting at the lights or going through the city....

Thanks.

I have the Neotek (1)...  it gets flipped up each and every time at the lights for the very reason you describe.... I'm quite happy with it, but I'm also looking at the Schubert E1 ADV style flip up.... because, well, I'm a silly tart and just want an ADV style helmet to match the ADV style bike !

BUUUUTTTT.....  I've seen the Jarvish 'smart' Helmet and also want that with its HUD and its front and rear camera..... 

https://www.jarvish.com

I'm also liking the Skully AR smart helmet.. the company has recently 're-formed' after an initial collapse / impropriety where kickstarter donations were mishandled (owners allegedly squandered the money not on R&D and production, but fast cars and......)

I have the Neotek (1)...  it gets flipped up each and every time at the lights for the very reason you describe.... I'm quite happy with it, but I'm also looking at the Schubert E1 ADV style flip up.... because, well, I'm a silly tart and just want an ADV style helmet to match the ADV style bike !

BUUUUTTTT.....  I've seen the Jarvish 'smart' Helmet and also want that with its HUD and its front and rear camera..... 
https://www.jarvish.com

I'm also liking the Skully AR smart helmet.. the company has recently 're-formed' after an initial collapse / impropriety where kickstarter donations were mishandled (owners allegedly squandered the money not on R&D and production, but fast cars and......)

Those Schubert’s are what I looked at, but pricey tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Do you mean the black visor on top ?

Never noticed it causing lift but I don't spend much time at elevated speeds. Too busy trying to stay alive !

It is quite thin - feels a little cheesy in fact, but no issues with lift, for me anyway. Head position may make a difference tho' - if you ride more chin down or chin up.

Easy to remove tho' - I did just that when packing in my suitcase for the bird coming over.

Archived