My Experience Using DeeMoney

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We apologize for the delays and the temporary suspension of service that has happened the past month. All services have resumed and transfers to the current 14 countries are operational as usual.

We are actively working on increasing the amount of countries available through our transfer services. We are unable to share additional information as it is confidential, but it is going in the right direction. Being transparent with our customers is one of the things we aim to achieve going forward. 

Thank you for using our services. And PIB, the OP, thank you for answering questions on our behalf, we highly appreciate your efforts.

beep boop I am not a bot

4 hours ago, DeeMoney said:

Hi all,

We apologize for the delays and the temporary suspension of service that has happened the past month. All services have resumed and transfers to the current 14 countries are operational as usual.

We are actively working on increasing the amount of countries available through our transfer services. We are unable to share additional information as it is confidential, but it is going in the right direction. Being transparent with our customers is one of the things we aim to achieve going forward. 

Thank you for using our services. And PIB, the OP, thank you for answering questions on our behalf, we highly appreciate your efforts.

beep boop I am not a bot

not asking for any confidential information - I have a simple question

Will the service to the UK USA be restored and if yes -when

We have used dee money for sending money to australia, in the past it was very good.

There customer service has always been quite good.

However our last transfer had to be cancelled by deemoney and funds are in the process of being refunded to our thai bank.

We were promised 3 to 5 business days, it is 5 days now and have not received funds.

This money is needed for my wifes daughters school funds.

As you can imagine she is getting  quite upset and threatening all types of retribution

I know a lot of expats who have used dee money in the past and a company is only as good as its reputation.

Hopefully this is only a glitch as we do like using their service.

We will update the forum again soon, hopefully with a positive outcome with deemoney.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, DeeMoney said:

Hi all,

beep boop I am not a bot

Hopefully up and working properly soon

On 10/4/2019 at 2:50 PM, smedly said:

not asking for any confidential information - I have a simple question

Will the service to the UK USA be restored and if yes -when

Thanks for the question. Yes, service to the UK and USA will be restored. However, as for the timeline we are not sure as it is out of our control. 

2 hours ago, tribalman said:

We have used dee money for sending money to australia, in the past it was very good.

There customer service has always been quite good.

However our last transfer had to be cancelled by deemoney and funds are in the process of being refunded to our thai bank.

We were promised 3 to 5 business days, it is 5 days now and have not received funds.

This money is needed for my wifes daughters school funds.

As you can imagine she is getting  quite upset and threatening all types of retribution

I know a lot of expats who have used dee money in the past and a company is only as good as its reputation.

Hopefully this is only a glitch as we do like using their service.

We will update the forum again soon, hopefully with a positive outcome with deemoney.

Hi Tribalman, thank you for the feedback. During August and September we encountered technical difficulties which as of 4th of October has been resolved. Should you transfer at this moment, it would not take more than 5 days. 

We agree that money transfers are serious matters and any form of delay is an important issue. This is why we dedicate our resources on minimizing delays and improving our services even further. Such improvements include fully online registration, but no promises on when it is coming.

10 minutes ago, DeeMoney said:

Thanks for the question. Yes, service to the UK and USA will be restored. However, as for the timeline we are not sure as it is out of our control. 

Hi Tribalman, thank you for the feedback. During August and September we encountered technical difficulties which as of 4th of October has been resolved. Should you transfer at this moment, it would not take more than 5 days. 

We agree that money transfers are serious matters and any form of delay is an important issue. This is why we dedicate our resources on minimizing delays and improving our services even further. Such improvements include fully online registration, but no promises on when it is coming.

Thanks for response.

We are looking forward to sending the money again, but we are still waiting for the original funds to be returned to our thai bank account which you haven't done yet.

3 hours ago, DeeMoney said:

I'm going to guess that it is the Thai government and their protectionist attitude that has suspended your service - Thailand makes it very easy to transfer (my money) into the country but throws up as many hurdles as possible to stop me transferring (my money) out, TBH Thailand needs to grow up and get into the real world and stop trying to block stuff that is a basic right throughout the world

I know this is not a deemoney issue as such but what I said needed to be said

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I'm going to guess that it is the Thai government and their protectionist attitude that has suspended your service - Thailand makes it very easy to transfer (my money) into the country but throws up as many hurdles as possible to stop me transferring (my money) out, TBH Thailand needs to grow up and get into the real world and stop trying to block stuff that is a basic right throughout the world

I know this is not a deemoney issue as such but what I said needed to be said

Yet they can still transfer to Australia so I can only assume that it is more about costs/partners for the US and UK and possibly their banking regs. rather than Thailand.

It has also been what, over 3 months ? since the services there were stopped.

I have not seen any of the "transparency" yet on this issue.......

So after reading reviews of dee money it seems they are getting alot of people worried about the safety of their transferred funds.

I am now waiting 6 business days for a refund of funds back to my thai bank account, thats after waiting over 14 business days for the money to go to my australian account.

Looking on other review sites there are alot of angry customers waiting for returns of funds. 

A pity, this was a good service once.

tribalman,

Any specific reason given my deemoney as to why the money never made it to the Oz bank since deemoney still supports transfer to Oz according to their website? 

I know deemoney made gave a vague reason above for transfer difficulties lately.  Just wondering if they gave you any more specifics you are willing to share in your correspondence/calls with them.

6 hours ago, Pib said:

tribalman,

Any specific reason given my deemoney as to why the money never made it to the Oz bank since deemoney still supports transfer to Oz according to their website? 

I know deemoney made gave a vague reason above for transfer difficulties lately.  Just wondering if they gave you any more specifics you are willing to share in your correspondence/calls with them.

After waiting  a few weeks for transfer i went into their office in soi 8 sukhimvit and was informed by them that they had being trying to contact me. They had to return my money back to me has they were no longer able to transfer to australia.

It has only been the last week or so that they have re started the the australian transfer portal

11 hours ago, tribalman said:

After waiting  a few weeks for transfer i went into their office in soi 8 sukhimvit and was informed by them that they had being trying to contact me. They had to return my money back to me has they were no longer able to transfer to australia.

It has only been the last week or so that they have re started the the australian transfer portal

Ever since their US/UK/NZ went away in June I've checked their website about once a week to see which countries they can send to...see if the US/UK/NZ may have restarted...and Australia has always been listed.  Also checked just before writing this post.  Durn shame deemoney didn't remove Australia from their sending list since they were (are) also have problems sending to Oz.

32 minutes ago, Pib said:

Ever since their US/UK/NZ went away in June I've checked their website about once a week to see which countries they can send to...see if the US/UK/NZ may have restarted...and Australia has always been listed.  Also checked just before writing this post.  Durn shame deemoney didn't remove Australia from their sending list since they were (are) also have problems sending to Oz.

The transfer delays were for every country except Cambodia since we use a different portal for Cambodian transfers. As of 4th of October the delays have been resolved. Right now, transfers to Australia and elsewhere would not take more than 3-5 business days.

We received a ton of negative reviews because of the transfer delays and refund delays for the month of August and September. Here's hoping that we soon get positive reviews.

Again, we are balancing on a fine line between trying to be transparent and not sharing information that cannot be shared. We want to tell our customers exactly why the delays happened and exactly why the refunds took so long to process. But until then, we will try our best.

Edited by DeeMoney

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, DeeMoney said:

The transfer delays were for every country except Cambodia since we use a different portal for Cambodian transfers. As of 4th of October the delays have been resolved. Right now, transfers to Australia and elsewhere would not take more than 3-5 business days.

We received a ton of negative reviews because of the transfer delays and refund delays for the month of August and September. Here's hoping that we soon get positive reviews.

Again, we are balancing on a fine line between trying to be transparent and not sharing information that cannot be shared. We want to tell our customers exactly why the delays happened and exactly why the refunds took so long to process. But until then, we will try our best.

Sent money mid September. After 2 weeks, I found out it wasn't processed. On 7th October, an email reply said that refund will be made in 3-5 business days. It's been 12 business days and I was told today that they will facilitate the refund within this week. Now tell me, which delay has been resolved? Last transfer I made in July also took more than 12 working days. Very disappointed. And please don't tell me usual 'We will try our best'. I've heard that more than 15 times in the last 3 months. My money has been with Deemoney for over a month now. You are beginning to look like a fraud. Please prove me wrong. Yes, within this week.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, Cyama said:

Sent money mid September. After 2 weeks, I found out it wasn't processed. On 7th October, an email reply said that refund will be made in 3-5 business days. It's been 12 business days and I was told today that they will facilitate the refund within this week. Now tell me, which delay has been resolved? Last transfer I made in July also took more than 12 working days. Very disappointed. And please don't tell me usual 'We will try our best'. I've heard that more than 15 times in the last 3 months. My money has been with Deemoney for over a month now. You are beginning to look like a fraud. Please prove me wrong. Yes, within this week.

Any update on your refund?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 3:49 PM, Cyama said:

The transfer delays that have been resolved was effective as of 4th of October. Transfers made in September were subject to delays. However, transfers made after 4th of October encounter no delay issues.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:50 AM, tribalman said:

Any update on your refund?

As of November, all refunds have been given. 

Transfers now take an average of 3-5 days, a great percentage of which less than 2 days and we are constantly working on increasing this speed and adding more countries to the list - coming soon within this month. 

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: Do not send any money through this company as you may never see it again! It is just not true that they had some "issues" with their partners and that the delays have been resolved. They assured me the transfer would take 3-5 business days but after waiting almost two weeks my money is still "In processing". I am very worried that they may decide to never pay it at all. When companies start to behave like this it is mostly because they intend to go bankrupt. Dealing with DeeMoney is absolutely not worth the risk and heartache of not knowing what is going on!

On 11/8/2019 at 2:26 PM, DeeMoney said:

The transfer delays that have been resolved was effective as of 4th of October. Transfers made in September were subject to delays. However, transfers made after 4th of October encounter no delay issues.

As of November, all refunds have been given. 

Transfers now take an average of 3-5 days, a great percentage of which less than 2 days and we are constantly working on increasing this speed and adding more countries to the list - coming soon within this month. 

I would say "what a load of rubbish!". I read many bad reviews but decided to give DeeMoney a try based on their responses and assurances. No improvements. They treat your money as a free, short term loan and do with it as they please for as long as they like. If the currency you are transferring to is worth more that the original currency they may offer you a refund instead of an agreed payout in the end. That is if you are lucky! Very unreliable and risky service! In my case I was waiting two weeks and I doubted that I ever see my money again. I have been told lots of lies in a meantime. If they treat the business and their customers this way, I guess they do not care any more and may be facing a bankruptcy. I would suggest not to send any money that you are not prepared to lose. I received my transfer after 2 weeks but I will never use DeeMoney again as it was definitely not worth the risk and my anxiety.

I stopped by my local DeeMoney shop in BKK the other day, to ask what was going on with them re their ability to make outbound transfers to either the USA or the UK...

The staff there told me, they're still locked out from being able to send funds to either the USA or the UK, and have no idea/timeline for if/when they'll be able to resume that service.

It was also interesting to see, on their currency exchange rates board for all the various countries/currencies, the USA and UK were no longer even listed (which I guess make sense if DeeMoney can't send funds to either of those countries).

• Like 1

I just went to the DEE website and got the below error message. My computer clock is set correctly.

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.dee.money. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 11/26/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.dee.money.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

I just logged onto my DeeMoney account via Win 10 using Chrome.  Also using Norton Security/360 for malware protection.   No error message like you are describing.   Probably a Firefox thing....try logging on using another browser.

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

I just went to the DEE website and got the below error message. My computer clock is set correctly.

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.dee.money. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

Your computer clock is set to 11/26/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.dee.money.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

your day and month are <deleted> about.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:56 PM, notime said:

I would say "what a load of rubbish!". I read many bad reviews but decided to give DeeMoney a try based on their responses and assurances. No improvements. They treat your money as a free, short term loan and do with it as they please for as long as they like. If the currency you are transferring to is worth more that the original currency they may offer you a refund instead of an agreed payout in the end. That is if you are lucky! Very unreliable and risky service! In my case I was waiting two weeks and I doubted that I ever see my money again. I have been told lots of lies in a meantime. If they treat the business and their customers this way, I guess they do not care any more and may be facing a bankruptcy. I would suggest not to send any money that you are not prepared to lose. I received my transfer after 2 weeks but I will never use DeeMoney again as it was definitely not worth the risk and my anxiety.

Again we'd like to apologize for the delays you have encountered but in the thousands of transactions we go through everyday, few of them is bound to encounter delays.

We understand your frustration as money is a serious matter, but in the future please stick with one platform when providing feedback. You have posted on Facebook, Google Maps, Google Play, TrustPilot, and Thaivisa. Your message will be heard no matter where you post.

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I stopped by my local DeeMoney shop in BKK the other day, to ask what was going on with them re their ability to make outbound transfers to either the USA or the UK...

The staff there told me, they're still locked out from being able to send funds to either the USA or the UK, and have no idea/timeline for if/when they'll be able to resume that service.

It was also interesting to see, on their currency exchange rates board for all the various countries/currencies, the USA and UK were no longer even listed (which I guess make sense if DeeMoney can't send funds to either of those countries).

Transfers to the UK and USA will be coming back soon but earliest availability would be 2020 Q1. EU transfers are also coming (every official member of the EU).

If you are referring to the vertical screen opposite the tellers found inside the branch, those rates only display rates for countries that currently can be transferred to. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Hi, this is because of the URL you used. deemoney.com works fine but trying to access dee.money on Firefox will cause this issue.

• 1 month later...