Hmong men arrested in Tak for allegedly transporting 'yaba'

webfact

Hmong men arrested for allegedly transporting 'yaba'

By Thanakorn Wongnang 
The Nation

2206109f16ba99ee776856d6e0a47933.jpeg

Three Hmong men were arrested in the Sam Ngao district of Tak province allegedly along with 2.1 million meth-amphetamine pills or “yaba”, which they had transported from Chiang Rai to Central Thailand, Deputy National Police Commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan told a press conference in Chiang Mai on Sunday.

a551a702a4f60bf81f7fafdd23dc39d4.jpeg

The men were identified as Mangkorn Pisusirikul, 31, Anusorn Saeyang, 27, and Sua Saeyang, 41. They were charged with having narcotics in their possession. Officers seized from them a large batch of 2.1 million “yaba” pills that was hidden in a pickup truck they drove in Tambon Yokkrabat in Sam Ngao on November 9, Chalermkiat said.

The latest bust brought the quantity of yaba seized by police in various separate crackdowns in the northern provinces under the Provincial Police Region 5 Office’s jurisdiction so far this month to 40 million pills, he said. He vowed police would continue to suppress drug traffickers and would seize their assets.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358321

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-12

Great find but sad to say unfortunately at least in the short term the price will rise.

The area where this was found is close to the area where we live and the problem 

has affected my family 1st hand causing us all sorts of problems.

I'm not knocking the police but sadly it's like watching a dog chasing it's tail.

Man, that is a lot of yaba. I've never even seen it and have no desire. Fortunately it hasn't had a great effect on my life. The neighbour's 2 kids (18 & 16) were busted with about 4 or 5 yaba pills almost 3 years ago and they're still gone. I think they were sentenced to 10 years each.

Those numbers would be a death sentence in Laos, probably quickly.

Archived