King Mongkut International School

SABloke

Does anyone know anything about this school? A friend's kid has been accepted, but she asked me to check it out.

I'm not sure if it is a real international school i.e. Has an international licence from the M.O.E, or is just an international school in name.

The fees are pretty steep (750k for first year and 450k+ after that).

I called and the "English" admissions telephone connection got me through to someone who couldn't speak English and then just hung up (For the sake of research I pretended to not speak Thai in order to suss out the school). For 450k I think you should get at least a fully English environment.

Any input would be great, thanks.

It's an up and coming school, it's hungry and may start to compete with the top schools in next five years in certain programs. It now has an agreement with Carnegie Mellon for Master's which is excellent, dual degree. Flip side, it's also working with St Roberts (Filipino school) here locally which I view as a huge issue. Lat Krabang I recall is best campus. I can post a graphic later.

I was once shortlisted for a job there, decent money but they seemingly have changed the faculty structure and pay and to my mind from what I'm seeing posted is nothing im interested in both the pay and the EFL instruction.

What are the entrance requirements? If it's English should be requiring SAT, TOEFL, IELTS or private similar exam like CUTEP

Archived