Trat: Stray dog saved from poisoning by 7-Eleven staff, rescuers

webfact

Stray dog saved from poisoning by 7-Eleven staff, rescuers

By The Nation

filephoto.jpg

FILE photo

A stray dog in front of a 7-Eleven shop in Trat’s Muang district escaped death from poisoning thanks to quick action by the store’s staff and rescuers of a local foundation.

The dog, nicknamed Pepsi, was found convulsing and foaming at the mouth at 3.50am Friday so the staff called the Sawang Boonchuay Foundation for help.

Rescuers from the foundation force-fed the dog with some 30 chicken eggs prompting it to vomit and rid itself of the poison. The cost of the eggs was covered by three of the convenience store’s staff.

The staff said the dog, which is thought to be seven or eight years old, has been living in front of the shop since it opened three years ago.

Shoppers often bought food for the stray.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358361

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-12

My dog ate a block of rat poison in Hawaii before we moved to Thailand. I rushed her to the nearest vet and they shot some hydrogen peroxide down her throat with a syringe (no needle) and told me to walk her around outside for a while. She eventually puked everything up and was fine with no ill effects at all. 

"Pepsi" the 7/11 dog saved from poison by 30 eggs bought by staff

6pm_VI.jpg

Foundation rescue workers rushed to a 7/11 in the middle of the night Friday when they got reports that a popular dog outside the store had been poisoned. 

"Pepsi" a 7 or 8 year old dog was said to be loved by the locals and store staff after taking up residence outside the store in Muang district of Trat for the last three years since the shop opened. 

He had been ill recently but recovered. This time Pepsi was foaming at the mouth and the staff suspected poison and called Sawang Bunchuayleua foundation. 

Someone apparently did not like Pepsi as much as his admirers. 

Three staff members dipped into their own pockets to buy 30 eggs. 

These were used by the rescue workers who forced them down the stricken dog's throat to make him vomit up the poison. 

He was soon on his feet and recovering from the ordeal. 

A Thai TV presenter said: "We're happy for you Pepsi!".

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-12

• 1 month later...

So, who am I to counter that they suspected poisoning? But... I do. I know this place. I know this dog. When this is right up the street from the police and park. I walk my own dog there. I walk my dog along with my constantly present injection for her epilepsy. Sadly, my dog must take daily Rx and the injection to break the seizure when she has the grand mal. This is tonic/clonic muscular contractions. This is epilepsy. I will actually go looking for this doggie tomorrow when I pass by. There is only one vet here that is familar with this and carries the preventive meds, and only a different one that carries the stop seizure meds. These guys did the best they could, and the water likely helped. The eggs? Well, the single thing these dogs most desire when the stop seizing and re orient is protein, so... i am sure this was as helpful as the water. The external stimulation often helps break the seizure. I had no idea until my soi dog rescue how very common epilepsy is in dogs. More accurate than common, its not as rare as I thought.

Watched again and again. The walking or peddling is a defining characteristic, with or without yelping, which comes later. I will try to include the image of my dog from just 48 hours ago. I think it is wonderful that they all.. it is beautiful... that they all helped her. I only comment because I realize doggie is still out there. My wife will kill me, but... I have to go check.

Images, my doggie x 48 hours ago- the tearing, frothing at mouth, and the still frame image shows the legs mid air peddling. Epilepsy.

Snap6.jpg

Snap8.jpg

Snap7.jpg

On 11/13/2018 at 5:34 PM, Kim J said:

If these kind hearted individuals are so fond of this mutt, I trust they will be taking it home with them and caring for it properly? Or will they just leave it in the street harassing the 7/11 customers for food?

There are least three dogs I see there often. These workers there are actually kind to these dogs. I know. Not one of these dogs, this one, the old rottie, or the little black doggie, bother anyone. But I suppose your own vast experience with these particular dogs at this particular store gave a different impression.

10 minutes ago, Kim J said:

As you say I indeed have no experience at all with these particular mutts, however I do not really care for any dogs at all, in particular those that roam around freely, either strays or otherwise.

But I will say that you are showing all the traits of your typical dog owner and just automatically assuming that everyone else likes the things just as much as you do yourself.

He's assuming no such thing.

He's simply pointing out that everything you stated is incorrect.

Archived