LOS alternative

cleverman

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Hate to be a party pooper but a lot of stuff in Australia is actually cheaper than Thailand, eg I couldnt believe the price of fruit in the supermarket,i thought 20 baht price was per kilo,no it was per piece !

kilo of tomatoes , apples etc are  cheaper in Australia , cans of tuna etc cheaper.

Medical care is free in OZ to a certain point 

,seeing a GP most are free, ,emergency services hospital treatment is free, publc hospital care is free 

ambulance is free to pensioners unemployed, 

pensioners receive all day transport passes, etc ,

The thing which hurts most old  Aussie expats in Thailand is that health insurance they have to take out when in Australia they would get medical care free

You are not a party pooper just math challenged.  Since the great majority of anyone's budget is housing and that is so much cheaper in Thailand it is foolish to compare other little things without comparing a total budget. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cleverman said:

Why rot away in pain in old age, if I get notice of a few months of life left, I will head to an opium den and die high. 

Basically what my father did with hospice and dilaudid.  My worry is turning into a vegetable before you get to the opium den.  I also don't now where to find one here and the availability of pain meds open to question.  I'm trying to find a doctor/hospital to partner with me to open a hospice/end of life nursing home. 

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Basically what my father did with hospice and dilaudid.  My worry is turning into a vegetable before you get to the opium den.  I also don't now where to find one here and the availability of pain meds open to question.  I'm trying to find a doctor/hospital to partner with me to open a hospice/end of life nursing home. 

The trouble you have to go through here to get just tablets with codien in them ,for something stronger, forget it. 

Archived