Tanker truck overturns, diesel gushes out in Lampang accident

webfact

Tanker truck overturns, diesel gushes out in Lampang accident

By The Nation

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFhiwgW25K6RaNni00s1jWeT7s9t1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A tanker truck transporting 42,000 litres of diesel oil hit a concrete barrier in the middle of a Lampang road and overturned on Monday morning, causing a large amount of oil to gush out onto the road and fear that there might be an explosion.

Police said the accident happened on the Lampang-Ngao road in Moo 3 village in Mae Mo district’s Tambon Ban Dong at 9.30am.

The accident caused leakage to the rear chamber of the tanker, resulting in substantial leakage of the diesel oil that was being transported.

The Tambon Ban Dong Administrative Organisation dispatched fire engines to the scene to avert any possible conflagration, while the oil firm that owned the tanker sent a truck with a chemical fire extinguisher.

Another tanker was dispatched to transfer the rest of the oil before the overturned vehicle could be salvaged.

The driver of the oil tanker, who was injured in the accident, was rushed to Lampang Hospital, police said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358382

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-12

17 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yes we know that but this is Thais we are talking about

Quit bashing.

This summer, in Canada, the fire department and the RCMP closed the hiway for 4 hours. Why - they were afraid of an explosion.

What spilled - Jet fuel - which is kerosene. Which has a flash point of 38C

Boneheads the lot of them.

5 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Quit bashing.

This summer, in Canada, the fire department and the RCMP closed the hiway for 4 hours. Why - they were afraid of an explosion.

What's the flashpoint of diesel?

14 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Quit bashing.

You tell me to quit bashing then go on to bash the Canadian fire dept.its because believe it or not we are in Thailand and this post is about some dumb ass Thai emergency services.now if I was in Canada and read about it happening there they would of received the same comment.obvious your half Canadian-Thai or want to be looking at your name.there is being critical and being hypocritical and i know which one I am.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:55 PM, happy chappie said:

.they probably think planes and rockets run on diesel as you get more to the gallon and have big engine.

This is clearly Thai bashing

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

You tell me to quit bashing then go on to bash the Canadian fire dept.

The fire dept and police did not know what jet fuel was. This is not bashing, this is an example of stupidity

15 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

This is clearly Thai bashing

The fire dept and police did not know what jet fuel was. This is not bashing, this is an example of stupidity

Sorry but in my books jet fuel is just that little bit more dangerous than diesel so I can understand staying back from a truck full of highly explosive fuel.as for Thai bashing.when someone deserves a bashing they will get one and I don't care whatever race they are.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:09 AM, Borzandy said:

Don't be sure, you don't know what Thais are able to put in their diesel.

Ask yourself how does a diesel engine work . It runs by exploding the diesel without an external ignition source. Ok in cold countries they have to use heater plugs and the old method of starting a tractor was to give it a squirt of ether but again no flame. Most aircraft run on 

Avtur 

An aviation diesel, the use of petrol etc in flying a plane only occurs in piston engine air craft, not your modern jet liners

So a good old fashion hot exhaust will do the trick, but not explovively as it would with petrol as the vapour level is far less when not compressed. Being an ex aircraft fire fighter I have seen people die from diesel roaring through an aircaft at extremely fast speeds. Sorry for the oldmans lecture

Archived