Lawyer seeks action against hospital for ‘lack of morality’ after woman dies following acid attack

snoop1130

Hospital Says Acid-Burn Victim Only Scalded With Hot Water

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

46100976_250944352251420_848709439182602

Chorlada Tarawan’s family mourns Tuesday in Khon Kaen, where her body has been taken for funerary rites.

BANGKOK — The hospital that allegedly refused to treat a woman fatally burned in an acid attack now says she asked to leave the hospital voluntarily just before her death.

Wallapha Chaiyamanowong, the Rama II Hospital director, said in a statement that Chorlada Tarawan, who died after her 12-year-old daughter says she was denied treatment, actually asked to leave the hospital after receiving first aid so she could use her social security benefits at another hospital.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/11/13/hospital-says-acid-burn-victim-only-scalded-with-hot-water/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-13

A lot depends on the hospital and community treatment policies....can’t comment other than share my professional experience....

in the west, required that hospitals stabilize the patient from life threatening injuries or illnesses and ready for transport by their own or the receiving hospital...a physician must sign off on the care, patient condition and transport....

so it looks like 3 violations (but it depends on what their policies say):

1. Patient not medically stable for transport 

2. Not diagnosed by a doctor 

3. Not under the transport care of sending or receiving hospital 

4. Communication to receiving hospital seems completely absent?

so it doesn’t look good for hospital accountability and whether policies were followed or complied with...

looks like sloppy or negligent case handling....

Who needs to make "a diagnosis" when somebody has had acid thrown in their face ?  Immediate simple first aid is required and I bet nobody even knew what to do.  I had an accident in a laboratory where a test tube of hot concentrated sulfuric acid exploded in my face. The explosion blew me over backwards from the chair. Fortunately I had a bottle of sodium bicarbonate solution handy (baking soda in water)

I tipped this solution over my face and then rushed to a tap and began flushing my face with water for about 15 minutes.  Luckily I had been wearing safety glasses. The only injuries were some shards of the test tube embeded in the skin around my mouth and chin.

Did hospital hire spokesperson from Saudi who handled the Kashoggi case so well? The story from hospital keeps changing in absurd ways that even surprise an old fart like me. "...fatally burned in an acid attack now says she asked to leave the hospital voluntarily just before her death." "That's all right Jack. It's just a flesh wound..." movie cliche...

"The statement added that Chorlada was only scalded with hot water, not acid, and that her vitals were fine."

Remind me not to go there if I have a heart attack... "His heart was beating when he got here, so we sent him away..."

6 hours ago, xerostar said:

Who needs to make "a diagnosis" when somebody has had acid thrown in their face ?  Immediate simple first aid is required and I bet nobody even knew what to do.  I had an accident in a laboratory where a test tube of hot concentrated sulfuric acid exploded in my face. The explosion blew me over backwards from the chair. Fortunately I had a bottle of sodium bicarbonate solution handy (baking soda in water)

I tipped this solution over my face and then rushed to a tap and began flushing my face with water for about 15 minutes.  Luckily I had been wearing safety glasses. The only injuries were some shards of the test tube embeded in the skin around my mouth and chin.

In Thailand, an hospital using baking soda cannot make money.

15 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

A lot depends on the hospital and community treatment policies....can’t comment other than share my professional experience....

in the west, required that hospitals stabilize the patient from life threatening injuries or illnesses and ready for transport by their own or the receiving hospital...a physician must sign off on the care, patient condition and transport....

so it doesn’t look good for hospital accountability and whether policies were followed or complied with...

The policy followed probably had something to do with money.

16 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

But you're not in the west... so irrelevant post !

9 hours ago, xerostar said:

Who needs to make "a diagnosis" when somebody has had acid thrown in their face ?

When it's not?

"Chorlada was only scalded with hot water, not acid, and that her vitals were fine.

“She ran into the emergency room and called for help and said she was in pain. Nurses there gave her emergency treatment and saw that her husband poured hot water on her,” read the statement signed by Wallapha.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Hospital Says Acid-Burn Victim Only Scalded With Hot Water

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

46100976_250944352251420_848709439182602

Chorlada Tarawan’s family mourns Tuesday in Khon Kaen, where her body has been taken for funerary rites.

BANGKOK — The hospital that allegedly refused to treat a woman fatally burned in an acid attack now says she asked to leave the hospital voluntarily just before her death.

Wallapha Chaiyamanowong, the Rama II Hospital director, said in a statement that Chorlada Tarawan, who died after her 12-year-old daughter says she was denied treatment, actually asked to leave the hospital after receiving first aid so she could use her social security benefits at another hospital.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/11/13/hospital-says-acid-burn-victim-only-scalded-with-hot-water/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-13

So why didn't the first hospital quickly and clearly advise her that she could use her 30Baht card at that hospital?

18 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

This is Thailand, not 'the west'.

"The hospital said they tried to contact Bangmod hospital but were unsuccessful.

“Praram 2 Hospital is firm on the grounds that we did the best job we could in maintaining patient care, and would like to offer our condolences to the family,” the letter ended."

How can 1 hospital not reach another hospital? It seems like they didn't do the best job that they could. Sounds just like government agencies. Both neither work in conjunction with other agencies who do jobs/work that may overlap.

12 hours ago, xerostar said:

"In Thailand, an hospital using baking soda cannot make money."

A friend of mine was in a Bangkok hospital recently, on a saline drip. 

The bill was 14,500 baht per day.

A doctor in Chiang Mai decided my three year old was dehydrated and kept him on IV saline for a whole day, 5 bags of salty water at 750 baht a bag, wholesale price 30 baht a bag, good business to be in, and Thais will never question a doctor. My protests to give him water with rehydration salts at 10 baht a pop fell on stony ground!

I'm impressed. I would not have thought that Thailand had any high profile lawyers prepared to take on the behemoths of Thai society such as the hospital groups. Would have expected any such person to be taken aside by persons of significant interest and reminded 'which way is up'.

A big up to this lawyer!

On 11/14/2018 at 10:32 AM, Media1 said:

disgusting they are 

Some years ago a friend of mine was in need of some TLC and went to a hospital saying he had suffered whiplash in a taxi accident. He had not. He made it up. But that didn't stop the hospital finding a non-existent injury and even producing an x-ray to prove it. I imagine they keep some in a drawer to pull out when required for the next scam. They also wanted him to stay in the hospital overnight for observation. Disgusting indeed.

55 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Some years ago a friend of mine was in need of some TLC and went to a hospital saying he had suffered whiplash in a taxi accident. He had not. He made it up. But that didn't stop the hospital finding a non-existent injury and even producing an x-ray to prove it. I imagine they keep some in a drawer to pull out when required for the next scam. They also wanted him to stay in the hospital overnight for observation. Disgusting indeed.

l believe. Anything's possible here. There no real laws

Archived