Buying Gripe Water In Bangkok

mearkat75

The stuff they wipe on babies feet and stomach is Maha hing as mentioned by another poster(violet in color). I don't think it's the same as gripe water which is colorless. One is for external use and the other to be consumed in small quantities. I got them both at pharmacies in Tesco.

• 2 years later...

We've been looking for this stuff as we just found out about it while searching for problems with our newborn straining and having excessive gas. When we found this on Thai Visa and it was available at Boots, my wife just left out the door to get it. I'll let you know if Boots in Bang Na Central has it or not and price and brand. Stay tuned...

And...if it works or not for our baby.

Love this site!

I swore by gripe water, you can hear it working as soon as it hits babies stomach. It dispenses the trapped air bubbled in their tummy & soon as baby will be farting like a trouper :)

We also used a liquid bought from thailand to rub on babies belly when constipated, was Chinese herb, orange in colour & stunk. But worked every time. Asked hubby the name but he doesn't know, will ask his mum when he calls.

Well, we used it when our baby girl (one month old) was straining like she had gas again....and we mixed 2.5ml with about 2oz of breastmilk in a bottle and she drank it up. She doesn't strain like she did and her gas has subsided. With this I say it works...but time will tell after a few doses.

We're happy so far.

BTW: we have GasX for infants (a US product) on standby. :)