Steak Pie

jasreeve17

I've just eaten a Yorkies steak pie for lunch, 70 baht from villa supermarket, and very nice it was too.

I'd like to thank the forum members for introducing me to villa supermarket. My monthly food shopping bill has increased 1000% but my day to day life is so much nicer. Recently I've had:-

Branston pickle (driven by a Pattaya thread!).

Real cheeses (many varietes).

Pies (many varieties).

Cooked roast beef slices - lovely flavour.

Scotch eggs. I love Scotch eggs and they have three varieties (the cheapest ones are best in my opinion - 40 baht).

American popcorn (mixed with cashew nuts).

Imported beers (I like the Carlton cold, which are pretty cheap too).

So much more. What a great store.

I'm still a bit peckish, I'll brush aside the gai todd Had Yai the missus has just planted on the table, and stick a Yorkies chicken and mushroom pie in the oven (well microwave / grill / convection device - cooks a pie very well though).

Do you have a fovourite foodstuff from Villa?

Sounds like we need one of these in Phuket, mmm Branstons Pickle.

I had a chedder cheese (proper stuff) and branston pickle sandwich for the first time in 5 years and it was fantasic. On the plate I also had a melton mowberry pork pie (quite poor), a scotch egg, some olives, some thin stick chips and some gherkins. It cost nearly 1,000 baht, but was worth it.

If I can remember correctly, the branston was 380 baht for a 319g jar.

I had a chedder cheese (proper stuff) and branston pickle sandwich for the first time in 5 years and it was fantasic. On the plate I also had a melton mowberry pork pie (quite poor), a scotch egg, some olives, some thin stick chips and some gherkins. It cost nearly 1,000 baht, but was worth it.

The 65 baht (Yorkies?) pork pies are the ones to get.

The 65 baht (Yorkies?) pork pies are the ones to get.

I'm going to get one, now. I'll let you know if I concur. Btw, I had a Yorkies chicken and mushroom pie for lunch, and very nice it was too.

I think I'll take a browse at the foreign beer section too....

I've just eaten a Yorkies steak pie for lunch, 70 baht from villa supermarket, and very nice it was too.

I'd like to thank the forum members for introducing me to villa supermarket. My monthly food shopping bill has increased 1000% but my day to day life is so much nicer. Recently I've had:-

Branston pickle (driven by a Pattaya thread!).

Real cheeses (many varietes).

Pies (many varieties).

Cooked roast beef slices - lovely flavour.

Scotch eggs. I love Scotch eggs and they have three varieties (the cheapest ones are best in my opinion - 40 baht).

American popcorn (mixed with cashew nuts).

Imported beers (I like the Carlton cold, which are pretty cheap too).

So much more. What a great store.

I'm still a bit peckish, I'll brush aside the gai todd Had Yai the missus has just planted on the table, and stick a Yorkies chicken and mushroom pie in the oven (well microwave / grill / convection device - cooks a pie very well though).

Do you have a fovourite foodstuff from Villa?

Yorkies food is excellent.

However ALWAYS check the sell by date with ANY food product sold at Villa.

I have had several problems over the last few years with them selling out of date food or removing and replacing sell by date stickers.

The stickers on most fresh meat products now are more difficult to tamper with , thanks to the complaints I made and the publicity it got on this site about 2 years ago.

I always try to bulk buy from Yorkies direct.