Where to get documents certified in Udon Thani or close by

4MyEgo

My wife's bank back in Oz is being a right pain in the a$$ of late, and have requested a certified copy of her passport and Australian Citizenship which they were provided with, i.e. we had them certified by a justice of the peace when we were in Oz recently.

Now they have come back asking for more documents to be be certified, i.e. documents with her name and Thai address on them, e.g. drivers licence, Thai ID, bank statement, etc etc and they must be certified by the below:

1.       Justice of the Peace;

2.       Notary Member of the Public; or

3.       Australian Consulate Official

Short of telling them to shove the bank account where the sun don't shine, can anyone recommend any of the above in either Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Kai as those areas are about an hours travel away.

If we have to send docs or travel to BKK, we will shut the account as it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

18 minutes ago, no deal said:

i sale my house in america and i need a notary public was not easy to find  one but i find one very nice and not expensive and in udon thani i you like i have all her informations!

Yes please, if you like you can send me a personal message with her details and I will make contact.

Thank you

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes please, if you like you can send me a personal message with her details and I will make contact.

Thank you

she not speaking english my wife is thai so i have no problem,and she is not very picky about what you have she just sign and stamp! how can i send you a personal message?maybe you have email,if you need help we can help you no problem! if you are in udon.

5 minutes ago, no deal said:

she not speaking english my wife is thai so i have no problem,and she is not very picky about what you have she just sign and stamp! how can i send you a personal message?maybe you have email,if you need help we can help you no problem! if you are in udon.

Thanks for that, my wife can speak to her then.

I just sent you a personal message which you can reply to.

If you look at the right on the top of the page, you will see a green envelope, open that and hit quote, complete the details and then send, I should get it.

If that didn't work out for you, you can post her details here and I will have my wife contact her.

Thanks again

24 minutes ago, no deal said:

excellent i am going to call her make sure she give you a good deal and i need to wait for my wife to come back she out for shopping but she be there soon and i let you know i think you can see her today.

Thanks, once I get her number, I will get my wife to call her and make a day suitable as she will have to get the documents she requires before she sees her and confirm with the bank that they will accept those documents signed by her because we live about 100km from Udon Thani, so we want to get it right the 1st time as we don't want to have to return if the bank isn't happy with the documents, but if they agree beforehand then they cannot argue with us and we can move forward.

Will hear from you later, thanks again. 

35 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks, once I get her number, I will get my wife to call her and make a day suitable as she will have to get the documents she requires before she sees her and confirm with the bank that they will accept those documents signed by her because we live about 100km from Udon Thani, so we want to get it right the 1st time as we don't want to have to return if the bank isn't happy with the documents, but if they agree beforehand then they cannot argue with us and we can move forward.

Will hear from you later, thanks again. 

if you dont want to come in udon you can send my the papers and the money and i send back to you no problem when they done.

8 minutes ago, no deal said:

ok she can see you tomorrow at her office,she charge 1000 tb for one page,told her you get her number from ying phone number: 0874358548 good luck!

also if you have more tan one page she give you a good deal,that what she do to me i have a lot document to be notarize whit the sale of my house...and she discount!

46 minutes ago, no deal said:

if you dont want to come in udon you can send my the papers and the money and i send back to you no problem when they done.

Thank you for your kind offer, but we also have to go to the passport office in person, so will try to do the two in one go

51 minutes ago, no deal said:

ok she can see you tomorrow at her office,she charge 1000 tb for one page,told her you get her number from ying phone number: 0874358548 good luck!

Thanks for the number, I will have my wife call her to make an appointment and tell her Ying gave her the number.

I will email the bank now and see how any documents they want certified, hopefully one..haha

Thanks again

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the number, I will have my wife call her to make an appointment and tell her Ying gave her the number.

I will email the bank now and see how any documents they want certified, hopefully one..haha

Thanks again

happy to help you!

You can probably find a lawyer's office in Udon or nearby that can certify your documents. I had a marriage certificate, birth certificate, ID and others translated and certified by a lawyer in Surin that were required by the IRS to obtain a US Tax ID Number for my wife.

21 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

You can probably find a lawyer's office in Udon or nearby that can certify your documents. I had a marriage certificate, birth certificate, ID and others translated and certified by a lawyer in Surin that were required by the IRS to obtain a US Tax ID Number for my wife.

I shopped around a little and did some research, and it would appear the law society has this market all sewed up with lawyers being basically the only public notaries, i.e. any lawyer can get a license as a public notary from the law society, and charge whatever they want, e.g. I was quoted 1,500 to 1,750 baht per document, which to me is outright ridiculous my research found out that when public notaries here in Thailand are not recognised under the Hague convention, meaning that most countries around the world will not accept their signatures for anything more than the following acts:

• Attestation of signature done BEFORE ME
  • Certifying TRUE COPY
  • Attestation of photos of a person
  • Administering an Oath and affirmation
  • Testimony and Oath and affirmation (Affidavit)
  • Attestation of address
  • Confirmation of Birthday
  • Certified Correct Translation
  • Etc.

A Justice of the Peace such as myself can do the same, however Justice of the Peace's are not allowed to charge for their certification, yes I know Thailand doesn't have any JP's, regardless, I ask myself, why should I pay these public notaries who are not part of the Hague convention and cannot certify government documents, a fee, a high fee at that, desperate I am not, and I have therefore asked a friend back home who is a Justice of the Peace to certify my wife's address as per her driver's license, by providing him a scanned copy of the front and back for him to certify.

If I was desperate, I would have to pay the fee, but more than one way to skin a cat.

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I shopped around a little and did some research, and it would appear the law society has this market all sewed up with lawyers being basically the only public notaries, i.e. any lawyer can get a license as a public notary from the law society, and charge whatever they want, e.g. I was quoted 1,500 to 1,750 baht per document, which to me is outright ridiculous my research found out that when public notaries here in Thailand are not recognised under the Hague convention, meaning that most countries around the world will not accept their signatures for anything more than the following acts:

• Attestation of signature done BEFORE ME
  • Certifying TRUE COPY
  • Attestation of photos of a person
  • Administering an Oath and affirmation
  • Testimony and Oath and affirmation (Affidavit)
  • Attestation of address
  • Confirmation of Birthday
  • Certified Correct Translation
  • Etc.

A Justice of the Peace such as myself can do the same, however Justice of the Peace's are not allowed to charge for their certification, yes I know Thailand doesn't have any JP's, regardless, I ask myself, why should I pay these public notaries who are not part of the Hague convention and cannot certify government documents, a fee, a high fee at that, desperate I am not, and I have therefore asked a friend back home who is a Justice of the Peace to certify my wife's address as per her driver's license, by providing him a scanned copy of the front and back for him to certify.

If I was desperate, I would have to pay the fee, but more than one way to skin a cat.

us ambassy also do notary but you have to go bangkok and they charge you i dont remember how much but i remember they charge me!

1 minute ago, no deal said:

us ambassy also do notary but you have to go bangkok and they charge you i dont remember how much but i remember they charge me!

Yes agreed, thank you, in Australia to have a document certified like a drivers licence etc etc you only need a Justice of the Peace to certify it to be a true copy of the original, and there is no charge, however a Notary charges around the same price for usually government documents needing certifying, that said, as this is merely a drivers license that needs certifying by a Justice of the Peace for back in Australia, I will get it done by a friend who is a Justice of the Peace for free.

Maybe one day Thailand will have Justice of the Peace's set up as we do back in Australia where you can find them just about everywhere and provide a free service for the community.

8 minutes ago, no deal said:

i have be asked 3000 tb for one document by a layer in udon i just keep looking for a fair price the one i find ask me 1000tb for one document and a other day i have about 6 document and she charge me 3000tb,i have a lot documents to be notarize because i sale my house in america.

also in america anyone can be notary my wife was notary!

The title of your post should have been "Where can I get documents certified for FREE in Udon Thani or close by.  You didn't want solutions that posters provided but only needed to rant about having to pay for something you can get at no cost in Australia. 

My experience in the US is a Notary Public cannot legally notarize any document presented to them by a third party or any pre-signed document and it would be fraudulent to do so. 

It cost me 2500 baht to have 9 Thai documents copied, certified, translated into English and certified as "Official Translation" and they were all accepted by the US agency that requested them.  

On 11/13/2018 at 11:01 AM, no deal said:

Unfortunately, they wouldn't budge from asking 1500 baht for one page when I went there this morning. 

Archived