A Gala Dinner with Frank Bruno in Hua Hin

Jonathan Fairfield

A Gala Dinner with Frank Bruno in Hua Hin

Bruno HUA HIN Revision ONLINE JPG.jpg

A Gala Dinner with Frank Bruno Ex-Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the World. Bruno fought some of the best fighters from the modern era which included twice with Mike Tyson. 

Saturday 12th January 2019 630pm at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort. 

This event is sponsored by leading property developer in Hua Hin Orchid Palm Homes (www.orchidpalmhomes.com).

Bruno will talk about his life in and outside the ring - from how it all started, how he won the Heavyweight Championship of the World, to some of the troubles he encountered away from the ring.

Event includes buffet and free flow of beer and two bottles of wine per table of 10.

Ticket prices 2,800 baht per person or 25,000 baht for a table of 10.

In association with Media partners and event organisers:
> Thaivisa-The Nation (www.thaivisa.com)
> Inspire Hua Hin (www.inspirehuahin.com) 
> Hua Hin Channel TV (https://www.facebook.com/huahinchanneltv/)

There will also be an auction on the evening where you can bid for some signed memorabilia from Frank Bruno too. 

It is going to be a super night, so get your tickets now to avoid disappointment as there is only so many tables for this event. 

Get your tickets now ring Dan on 086 155 2500 or email [email protected]

Lovely bloke and empathise with his mental health issues and divorce if you know what I mean, Harry.  But Frank wasn't really a world champion.  I suppose he was a world champion at getting beaten about the ring and head and still managed to appear as a champion, if that makes sense.  

At least he made his money and has a nice sideline doing these sort of events.  I sincerely wish Frank all the best.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 9:12 PM, fanjita said:

Lovely bloke and empathise with his mental health issues and divorce if you know what I mean, Harry.  But Frank wasn't really a world champion.  I suppose he was a world champion at getting beaten about the ring and head and still managed to appear as a champion, if that makes sense.  

At least he made his money and has a nice sideline doing these sort of events.  I sincerely wish Frank all the best.  

Well according to wikipedia, he was: in 1995 he won the WBC heavyweight title. Sadly, he lost it six months later to Mike Tyson.

“Bruno was known for his excellent punching power: he won 40 of 45 bouts and 38 by knockout, giving him a 95% knockout rate from the fights he won; his overall knockout percentage is 84.44%.”

You can check him out on this link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Bruno

And so he went one better than Sir Henry Cooper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cooper

Using your rules, Sir Henry “wasn’t really a world champion”, but I am sure that wouldn’t have stopped you going to a gala event with Our ‘Enry.

I am not a boxing fan, but I always got the impression that, like Cooper,  he was decent, honest and brave, and took pride in fighting for his country. He had his ups and downs outside the ring, especially with his mental health problems, but, in recent years, seems to have come out the other side in one piece.

i hope his event is a success ????

13 hours ago, digger70 said:

An other Thai money spinner. never heard of him don't want to know him and for sure I don't want to pay for dinner just to meet/see him.

You get out of bed on the wrong side ? Me thinks the event will benefit from your non attendance.

3 hours ago, malt25 said:

You get out of bed on the wrong side ? Me thinks the event will benefit from your non attendance.

Nah Right side . I don't care  That event can't benefit from my non attendance cause I was never there, A event can only benefit if one has been there before. anyway I don't care about what you  say or not.  ???? 

On 12/20/2018 at 11:26 AM, digger70 said:

Nah Right side . I don't care  That event can't benefit from my non attendance cause I was never there, A event can only benefit if one has been there before. anyway I don't care about what you  say or not.  ???? 

Ditto !

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, oldrunner said:
I'm really tired of space being taken about such a 'GREAT' dinner with a has-been punching bag. Give up

the space to nice Thai highway slaughter and send Frank back to the GYM.

Yet you're still reading the thread and found the need to respond twice, do you actually live in Hua Hin?

I decided to ignore some of the naysayers who posted their thoughts on this event and went along, as did many others, it was a good crowd and a truly wonderful evening.

Frank certainly impressed his audience, Thai and Westerners, young and not so, he gave a very interesting talk and he was sharpe and witty and his answers to questions from the floor were well thought out and meaningful, especially his views on mental health issues which were clearly from the heart.

An excellent Thai buffet and plenty of booze, I certainly enjoyed myself as, I suspect, did the majority of the crowd.

Thanks very much to the organisers and sponsors of this event, these sort of evenings take a lot of planning.

10 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I decided to ignore some of the naysayers who posted their thoughts on this event and went along, as did many others, it was a good crowd and a truly wonderful evening.

Frank certainly impressed his audience, Thai and Westerners, young and not so, he gave a very interesting talk and he was sharpe and witty and his answers to questions from the floor were well thought out and meaningful, especially his views on mental health issues which were clearly from the heart.

An excellent Thai buffet and plenty of booze, I certainly enjoyed myself as, I suspect, did the majority of the crowd.

Thanks very much to the organisers and sponsors of this event, these sort of evenings take a lot of planning.

Thanks for the report!  Good to hear that it went off ok.

Archived