Every tourist’s worst nightmare: Old Chiang Mai zipline footage goes viral - again

webfact

Every tourist’s worst nightmare: Old Chiang Mai zipline footage goes viral - again

cm.jpg

video screenshot

Video footage capturing the terrifying moment a foreign tourist was left dangling from a zipline in Thailand after the instructor forgot to attach his harness has gone viral on social media - again.

In the clip, a US tourist and a female friend can be seen racing down the 1300ft wire in Chiang Mai but to their horror they realise they are not secured to the zipline.

The woman, who can be heard telling the man to hold on, before he is eventually pulled to safety by a member of staff.

The clip, shared last month, has amassed 9.5 million views and has been shared almost 50,000 times.

The clip frequently pops up in news feed across social media, particularly on Facebook where it has appeared on numerous occasions in recent years.

However, despite it recently going viral again, the footage is old, with the incident taking place in 2015.

Thaivisa also understands that the zipline featured in the video is no longer in operation.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-13

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

So why post it again?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Agreed...  this video has been doing the rounds for a number of weeks already... 

must be a slow news day... there is also another story which has been regurgitated from an issue a few weeks old... 

5 hours ago, MaiDong said:

My son is going camping with the school this morning, for 3 days, he asked if he could do a bungee jump there, he said 'only the first 2 people died' who tried this bungee jump, I thought 'that's not bad then'... 

And he will have the opportunity to be the third person to try it.  

Archived