Getting tough: Bangkok governor says time is up for soi dogs

webfact

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is what it takes... Get rid of them all in one fell swoop.... 

... of course, no harm will come to the dogs, thats just un-Buddhist....  until out of sight out of mind, of course... but by then it will be too late. 

There will be arguments of inhumane treatment, but they are animals not humans, they are pests, they bite... this will be better in the long term. It is unfortunate that a 'cull' has become necessary but a history of inaction has left this legacy... 

They bite exactly Animalhaters like you. Stupidity shoult hurt.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I'm sat here this beautiful morning listening to the sound of the jungle waking up the cranky old woman across the road has let her 5 dogs out to bark and shit everywhere.then to top it all she starts screaming at the dogs to shut up and they of course join in and start barking even more.i predict that she will die from high blood pressure and stress these animals give her.i just can't understand it why someone want to keep a bunch of scabby skinned dogs.the Dalmatian looking thing has big open scab patches all over it and sits there scratching it self like it's covered in itching powder.if a dog can be infected with termites this one deffo is.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Then they will be taken to a facility in Thapthan district of Uthai Thani - several provinces north away from Bangkok

Out of sight, out of mind. This is not a solution to the problem it is simply relocating it.  The solution is euthanasia in concert with licensing and owner education.  

11 hours ago, ujayujay said:

They bite exactly Animalhaters like you. Stupidity shoult hurt.

How do you know the poster is an animal hater? And, just as an aside, prior to calling someone out on their apparent lack of intelligence, check your spelling and grammar. I count 9 words and 6 mistakes. That's not a great ratio if your intent is to call someone stupid.

18 hours ago, jaiyen said:

An earlier post said there are an estimated 640,000 stray dogs in Bangkok.   Thats an awful lot of food they have to find and a gigantic amount of poo on the streets every day. I know this sounds cruel, and I presume I will get insults from some people here but I think a good solution for the dogs that are beyond having a good life because they are so starved and ill, is to euthanise them and give them to the crocodile farms. But don't let the public know.

No need to euthanise 

The crocodiles will take care of that

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of things, cats are very clean animals and will dig and bury their sh1t whenever possible.

And in sois when it is not...……….round them up and euthanise strays. Simple really.

"Governor Pol Gen Aswin Kwanmuang assured the public that dogs would not be killed - they would be looked after".

He went on to say that his friends would be only to happy to assist him take care of these vile creatures and ensure their future.

As soon as they arrive in their 18-wheeler transporter from South Korea, China and the Philippes.

This is long overdue but these dogs will repopulated so what is the long term plan? And the cost of caring for them as they live out their natural lives, if not adopted, will be substantial. Not sure if this is thought all the way out but something does need to be done.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:57 PM, steve73 said:

"Let nature take its natural course"

Might be more effective to cull the idiots feeding them.... and it would keep poster "androokery" happy.

What? I've never advocated killing people. Not even if they feed soi dogs. 

15 hours ago, androokery said:

What? I've never advocated killing people. Not even if they feed soi dogs. 

My apologies - I'd misunderstood your reply....

And for the avoidance of any doubt, I also would not advocate killing people... I was being sarcastic in my previous post.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the Soi dogs have been moved from my area, which is great.

However, the most aggressive dogs are those with collars that roam around attacking people. I have 2 young kids and feel genuinely afraid for their safety.

Does anyone know how I can find out who my BMA or Khet Officer is and how I can contact them?

• 1 month later...

I wish they will come first to Rajamangala University of Technology Krungthep on Nan Glin Chi Rd that have between 30-40 dogs inside that barking all night and all the complains to the head of university and  Sathorn district office from the neighbors around the university that hear them all night barking and fighting dont help at all.

This university looks like a dump, how people study there?

Any idea who can we talk with that will solve this an environmental nuisance?

IMG_5804.JPG

IMG_5808.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

IMG_57891.jpg

IMG_5799.JPG

Archived