Ban Chang or Cha Am?

amdy2206

I have regularly visited Cha Am on holiday as I have a 6 year old son who loves the beach and sea. Cha Am is always peaceful and relaxing and very safe. I am now looking to possibly have a change and try out Ban Chang. Has anyone been to both who can give a good comparison or can anyone give me the low down on Ban Chang? Beaches, accomodation, food, activities etc. Any information gratefully received. Thank you 

I liked Cha-Am until one time seeing all the jelly fish.

I think your find this better.

Beaches In Ban Chang.

There are four main beaches in Ban Chang, with several other good beaches slightly further afield in Chonburi.

All of the beaches are relatively quiet most of the time, except for Phala Beach, which can get busy at weekends and public holidays.

Never tried the beaches in Ban Chang, but it has to have the best girly bars in Thailand. Unlike Pattaya, the ladies are all very friendly with lots of stunners amongst them. I don't suppose you'd be interested in this having a young child, just something for you to store away.

I live in Phala Beach, love it. But coming here for a holiday is a bit different. You'll definitely need transportation. To me Jomtein beach is better because there is more to do there and nearby Pattaya. Before the Hate Brigade start in I want to say it has a lot of activities for adults and kids alike.

Been to both several times, and would say that for a family outing Cha-am is preferable :the beach basically is the town, while the 3 main beaches in Ban chang are 7km away from the city itself. 

On the other hand, the bar scene is much better in Ban chang (town not beach) :Cha-am might very well have the most boring nightlife in the whole of Thailand - but Hua-Hin is only 29km away and they have much more vibrant bar scene. 

10 hours ago, jesimps said:

Never tried the beaches in Ban Chang, but it has to have the best girly bars in Thailand. Unlike Pattaya, the ladies are all very friendly with lots of stunners amongst them. I don't suppose you'd be interested in this having a young child, just something for you to store away.

Have visited Cha Am many times, I rather like it,clean beaches,although a boring veiw out to sea. On the other hand I have lived in BAN Chang, and would hazard a guess that it provides the dirtiest beaches in the whole of Thailand, there being only one small area that is clean, and that is the end of the beach towards the airport. The only reason that it is the exception is due to the efforts of the restaurant owner.

Polution from the giant Mat a Phut industrial area,was also a big concern.

As for jesimps assertion that the bars in Ban Change are staffed by many stunners, I can only assume that we have completely opposite taste.

Shopping in Ban Chang is mostly restricted to the very old Tesco,that seems to be run as a mammy and pappy shop.

Accommodation is pretty much the same in both districts. As is food,with the exception,that Cha Am comes out top on the variety and quality of fish.

One area that Ban Change does come out top in, is the quality of Schools, although it does read as if the OP is more interested in visiting these areas rather than living there.

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Been to both several times, and would say that for a family outing Cha-am is preferable :the beach basically is the town, while the 3 main beaches in Ban chang are 7km away from the city itself. 

On the other hand, the bar scene is much better in Ban chang (town not beach) :Cha-am might very well have the most boring nightlife in the whole of Thailand - but Hua-Hin is only 29km away and they have much more vibrant bar scene. 

This is pretty much what I was going to say....

Cha-am town is right on the beach, Ban Chang is way inland, although the beaches there are nice.  Plenty of nice beaches with a bit more going on at the other side of Rayong, incl. Ban Phe & Samet.

10 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Come for a weekend, hotels are cheap and make the decision for yourself , only you know what you like, not a bunch of key board warriors

I would like to but as I live in Laos I was trying to get some local information before coming. 

On 11/13/2018 at 4:37 PM, jesimps said:

I'm interested. STunners? Details?

On 11/14/2018 at 12:04 PM, brianthainess said:

Oil rigs can be seen on a clear day but not the sea floor. Most of the large oil companies are just a few clicks away,flight path u-Tapao airport,could be some of the sources .

Oil rigs cannot be seen from the Ban Chang coast rubbish 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 12:45 AM, Mac98 said:

I'm interested. STunners? Details?

Stunners?????

Well there is the one who stunned her boyfriend with a beer bottle and now runs the bar herself.

Since the motorway from BKK started being built prices for land and houses also started to rise.

The bar scene ( the strip ) has been in decline for a while, with the usual getting fewer customers so better put the prices up. Plenty of 7/11 stores though. ????

Maptaphut Industrial Estate is 10 kilometre east of BC and some are buying on the idea of investment because of the EEC.

Quite where it's all going I'm not sure.

Archived