Court gives Canadian vandal 100K fine - but what about "Scouser Lee"?

webfact

7 minutes ago, Travelighlty said:

Just think though how western cities would be cleaned up if a similar standard was upheld. Isn’t lashing used in Singapore for spitting on the street?  I heard it’s considered socially acceptable for Chinese to spit on the floor in restaurants and the Chinese tourists are given a booklet for how they should conduct themselves while traveling in Thailand. (That’s the rumor I’ve heard.) Maybe some people just never learn to behave with socially responsible civic standards? 

Spitting on the floor in restaurants were done on packed earth single storey building in rural areas.... not on carpeted floor of some  upmarket restaurants. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

It is of course the absolute right of a host government to impose a punishment through the courts, as it sees fit and according to the local law. 

That said, it may occur to Thai lawmakers to enshrine the blatant disparity in punishment for minor misdemeanours, which under the present laws is not explicit, into two separate codes, one for Thais (a rap on the knuckles, a shamefaced insincere apology) and one for foreigners (a stiff fine, a threat of gaol, a terrifying ordeal in a foreign language ).

That way, visitors to this fair land would have a better grasp of what to expect from the judge in the event of arrest for a drunken, juvenile slip-up. 

Blatant disparity in punishment are meted out by the judges who are in a better position to evaluate the severity of the offence. Different punishment level for different type of people? 

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Maybe, it might also make people think twice before coming on holiday to a country where foreigners are sentenced very differently to locals.

Then again maybe they won't care. It will be reported world wide anyway, that's for sure.

Two years supended prison sentence plus thousands of dollars in fines for mere graffiti - pathetic!

Perhaps next spray paint holiday will be the Middle East. Instead of 100,000baht fine, the punishment would be 100 lashes with cane.  Bad behavior is bad behavior. 

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

Massive over reaction. Graffiti was easily removed and left no damage.

If you feel like that send an open invitation to all "knob-heads" to come stay at your place & do some painting !!

Then they have another option to vandalising historical structures...

27 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Spitting on the floor in restaurants were done on packed earth single storey building in rural areas.... not on carpeted floor of some  upmarket restaurants. 

No, wrong. I was in a carpeted cinema in Singapore years ago where the Chinese were constantly spitting on the floor during the movie.

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Imagine.

After a heavy night on the pi$$, waking up with the world's worst hangover, unable to remember what happened at the end of the previous night, and Brittney is sitting on your face.............

We've all been there.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

Only the backwards ones.

Ahh, so in a non backwards country it is acceptable to vandalize property? Perhaps if vandals were dealt with  more harshly, many western cities would not be blighted by vandalism and graffiti. 

We are constantly told not to take the law into our own hands and to allow the justice system to deal with crimes like this. Unfortunately, the system  usually does not respond, and people grow frustrated and eventually blow a gasket or turn to authoritarian figures for relief. People have a right to live in an environment where their property will not be vandalized by losers.  I would have given these idiots a broom and  garbage can and told them to go and clean up some of the popular tourist spots where their kind toss their cigarette butts and  garbage. A week or so of cleaning would have taught a valuable lesson.

Maybe, it might also make people think twice before coming on holiday to a country where foreigners are sentenced very differently to locals.

Then again maybe they won't care. It will be reported world wide anyway, that's for sure.

Two years supended prison sentence plus thousands of dollars in fines for mere graffiti - pathetic!

I seriously doubt anyone planning a holiday researches the record of court sentences for foreign pillocks and compare them to the sentences for local pillocks as part of their decision making process in venue selection.

If you have evidence to the contrary I bow to your superior knowledge!

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If you feel like that send an open invitation to all "knob-heads" to come stay at your place & do some painting !!

Then they have another option to vandalising historical structures...

Once upon a time, my pristine white company cube van got the graffiti treatment. These "artists" are a menace.

On my many visits to Chiang Mai, I always stay near the wall. So what if it is not original, I love the sight and symbolic nature of that old wall. Shame on any A-hole who would deface it.

Hopefully the $4,000 (Canadian) fine that her Mother obviously had to cough up plus all the other expenses that Mother had to bare to keep her ass out of a Thai jail will teach her a lesson about defacing other people's property.

It might stop idiots coming on holiday to spray graffiti all over but I can't see it stopping normal holiday makers!????

A 2 year sentence would be appropriate for the graffiti cretins worldwide, people like Banksy. If they'd dealt with Kilroy in a strict way we probably wouldn't have all this graffiti around today. To me it's far worse than littering and is a sort of sickness. This "lady" should have served her sentence with no reduction, with hard labour thrown in. So should the Scouser, and I'm from that part of the world myself.
Birkenhead?

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Give the SCOUSER 10 years in a Thai prison and a 1,000,000 British Pound Sterling fine and BAN him for life from Thailand. If he ever gets married and/or has children, BAN them too.
No good piece of shit.

Anymore of this type of post defaming the lovely people of Liverpool will be deleted..[emoji6]

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, themerg said:

Give the SCOUSER 10 years in a Thai prison and a 1,000,000 British Pound Sterling fine and BAN him for life from Thailand. If he ever gets married and/or has children, BAN them too.

No good piece of shit.

Death penalty is even better, so that they cannot reoffend. It's an easier administrative process also, no more paperwork to BAN.

(Sarcasm)

I cannot believe some of you guys.

If a Thai did this it would be 2,000 baht fine.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its a necessary thing to do , otherwise rich people would break laws and just pay a fine , which will have no effect on them .

A millionaire wouldnt even notice a $100 fine , whereas a penniless homeless person would

The report says 100,000- , not 100-.

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

Massive over reaction. Graffiti was easily removed and left no damage.

100,000 THB fine for graffiti while it's only a 5000 THB fine to beat another person unconscious. 
Amazing Thailand.

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes, hopefully potential tourists who feel that they are inclined to act in a similar way , will decide not to  come to Thailand 

Total case of punishment not fitting the crime. The court has responded to silly hysteria as shown on social media. A bit of graffiti for gods' sake!

If they pursued much more serious crimes with as much vigour, they might hold a tad more respect.

Archived