quick question about the Thai lottery

smedly

21 hours ago, smedly said:

ok so if I get the other part (number pair) of this ticket it will cost 200baht (2x80 160)

Now I am confused, after reading online it seems to say a single ticket (one of a pair same number) should only cost 40baht and a pair (same number) 80baht

Obviously I am still a little confused lol which is why I started the thread 

quote from google

The official cost of a single ticket is 40 baht, but lottery tickets can only be purchased in ticket-pairs, making the official retail price 80 baht. In practice, the official price is almost always marked up. Street vendors might ask 120-130 baht for a ticket-pair.

It was 3 million 

Two tickets 

6 million 

Now it's one ticket 

6 million. 

One day the online will be updated. 

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you go to a police station to register the win.

Oh, and there is a 0.5% Tax also.........Good Luck.........:wai:

Plus some merit if a little tea money is shared.

Then the chap who redeems the ticket takes a fee.

Every one likes a lottery winner. 

Free food, free drink. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mr.buffalo said:

The thing is when I win where do I go to get my winnings? 

Depending where you live there are shops that will give you the cash for winning tickets up to 15000 THB less tax. Once you go to the big money then you will need to go to the Lottery Office in Bangkok. 

• Like 1

Oh well never mind- I’m quite sure the people who sell lottery tickets are earning millions every month. 

On the other hand the twenty baht that you were so cruelly deprived of might help to look after their families.

Just look at the wider picture.

6 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Rubbish. 

They sit down and check all unsold tickets before handing back.

And extract the winners.

555 That would be a great deal

But  of course it is not true

They apply as sellers once accepted they buy lots of X amount

at a discounted price (.68 baht for wholesalers & .70baht for street sellers last I heard)

Anything unsold may be credited back IF returned   to lottery office by

10-11am (if I remember correctly) on lottery day (1st & 16th)

If not returned by that time they basically bought them as they cannot be returned

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

The Thai lottery is ridiculous. 80 baht is the official ticket price but most vendors sell the tickets for considerably more, usually 100 baht. That said, in Canada (and I believe the US as well) half the gross total ticket sale revenue goes to prize money. In Thailand, I believe it is about 10%. 

555 That would be a great deal
But  of course it is not true

They apply as sellers once accepted they buy lots of X amount
at a discounted price (.68 baht for wholesalers & .70baht for street sellers last I heard)

Anything unsold may be credited back IF returned   to lottery office by
10-11am (if I remember correctly) on lottery day (1st & 16th)

If not returned by that time they basically bought them as they cannot be returned

And I believe if they turn them in they get their “quota” reduced.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:50 PM, smedly said:

ok so if I get the other part (number pair) of this ticket it will cost 200baht (2x80 160)

Now I am confused, after reading online it seems to say a single ticket (one of a pair same number) should only cost 40baht and a pair (same number) 80baht

Obviously I am still a little confused lol which is why I started the thread 

quote from google

The official cost of a single ticket is 40 baht, but lottery tickets can only be purchased in ticket-pairs, making the official retail price 80 baht. In practice, the official price is almost always marked up. Street vendors might ask 120-130 baht for a ticket-pair.

They merged the two tickets into a single one. A difficult thing to grasp I understand, but whatever the prize you win, you will get double that amount, as you have a "double ticket". The vendors who have a static pitch will charge 80 bt, yet if you are buying from a mobile vendor, expect to pay 20 baht more for a single whammy! Good luck, I've been buying them for decades, confident in the knowledge that my number will eventually come up.