BANGKOK
Shoeless Joe

Cheese, Anyone?

Sell raw milk?  Sounds very foolish.  Far too many ignorant people here, and many diseases might be found in raw milk.

Cook it and make cheese?  Of course no problem with bacteria but i can't advise drinking raw milk.

I never knew 'churn' was a noun.  A UK specialty. 

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Sell raw milk?  Sounds very foolish.  Far too many ignorant people here, and many diseases might be found in raw milk.

I like it, caught nothing so far (that I can tell).

130bht for 5Kg, only lasts for 3 days, so I have to freeze most of it.

Always amazed at the posters on this forum, who live here, and do not ask the local people where to buy things.

Always the same same "Tops, Rimping, Makro, ..."

Boggles the mind.

Raw milk bad for you - 555

Brainwashing at its finest - brought to you by the Big Dairy i.e. Big Pharma, et al

12 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Always amazed at the posters on this forum, who live here, and do not ask the local people where to buy things.

Always the same same "Tops, Rimping, Makro, ..."

Boggles the mind.

Raw milk bad for you - 555

Brainwashing at its finest - brought to you by the Big Dairy i.e. Big Pharma, et al

Although no one has asked where to buy cheese from , posters are discussing the cheese they have bought

2 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Cook it and make cheese?  Of course no problem with bacteria but i can't advise drinking raw milk.

We buy milk from them to make yogurt. They tell you both in the office when you pay and also the guy in the dairy where you pick up the milk, that you need to boil the milk before using it. Hard to not know when two people tell you.

13 minutes ago, elektrified said:

We buy milk from them to make yogurt. They tell you both in the office when you pay and also the guy in the dairy where you pick up the milk, that you need to boil the milk before using it. Hard to not know when two people tell you.

You need to boil RAW milk before making yogurt, but it's fine as it is for drinking or making cheese.

• Like 1

Sorry britman, but you are confused, and ignorant of both microbiology and fermentation processes.

No one is stopping you from drinking raw milk, or drinking urine (also recommended by some health nutters). Some folks handle rattlesnakes in hopes of gaining an eternal and happy life close to god.  good luck to you! 

45 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Sorry britman, but you are confused, and ignorant of both microbiology and fermentation processes.

No one is stopping you from drinking raw milk, or drinking urine (also recommended by some health nutters). Some folks handle rattlesnakes in hopes of gaining an eternal and happy life close to god.  good luck to you! 

another on ignore.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

another on ignore.

add me to that list, otherwise I may feel.... ignored.... cheers bm2

• Haha 1

Available for consumption in England, Wales and N. Ireland
Must be bought from the farm of origin not an outlet

Some make the case that it is a "super food" with many healthy properties that are lost after pasteurisation......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

FolkG.  Plz inform the dictionary people of the change.  Here is what i read:

CHURN

noun

a container or machine in which cream or milk is agitated to make butter.
any of various containers or machines similar in shape or action to a butter churn, as a device for mixing beverages.
British. a large milk can.
an act of churning stocks by a stockbroker.

47 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

FolkG.  Plz inform the dictionary people of the change.  Here is what i read:

CHURN

noun

a container or machine in which cream or milk is agitated to make butter.
any of various containers or machines similar in shape or action to a butter churn, as a device for mixing beverages.
British. a large milk can.
an act of churning stocks by a stockbroker.

With 3,786 different publishers of dictionaries, which ones would you like me to contact?  Not new to North Americas, I grew up calling metal milk containers 'churns,' so it dates back in the US at least 70 years.

On 9/7/2019 at 4:06 PM, kiaora1968 said:

Long time no info on this post but here is some update...

I just bought a biiiiiiig 1kg bloc of Aussie mature cheddar at Gecko garden restaurant for 275 Baht, in promotion this week...  I love it!

This promotion will end soon, but they do have frequent cheese offers on their Facebook page.

Agreed - Great deals at Gecko Garden with different bulk cheese specials each week.  Emmenthal particularly outstanding.  Excellent prices on salami, ham and other smoked meats as well!

16 hours ago, MamaSan said:

Agreed - Great deals at Gecko Garden with different bulk cheese specials each week.  Emmenthal particularly outstanding.  Excellent prices on salami, ham and other smoked meats as well!

+1

I always get the Aussie Smoked Cheddar, really tasty and cheap (compared to the shops).

• Like 2