Woman bought house for 25 million - but it's so bad she can't even live there!

webfact

7 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

When my house was build it were all Thai tradesman, but that's not the subject of the thread

Who the company employs is the least of woman's concern, and she has also no control over this, because she paid 25 million to a reputable company and expected to receive a house that reflected that price in quality.

The lady who paid the money didn't employ anyone.

Tradesman ? ???? what trade school did they go to ? Where was your house built ? The facts are you will not get a high quality build in Thailand . You may get a little more lipstick on the pig but it will still be the pig . 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Real estate in Thailand is not investment, but speculation. Condos are overbuilt. Why would you buy one?

Cambodians that build everything are exploited at 150 baht per day.

For your first question: I bought mine because I felt that I was going to stay for a while. After 7 years, the money I have saved in rental ensures that even if I sell at 50% of the market value I will have made a profit.

For your last statement: true, sadly. But it is not different if you buy or rent, it was still built by exploited workers. On the other hand, if they come here it means they have a reason, perhaps better a few bucks for hard work in Thailand than sitting doing nothing at home.

In theory she could ask bank to deal with it as bank did a valuation of the property and if it’s not worth anything , in reality bank is the owner until mortgage is paid off.

SC assets might brush her off but might be little more cooperative with a bank.

I wonder where all you experts get the 150 per day information from? Which bar stool?

maybe 10 years ago it was 150 baht per day . Businesses struggle to get workers , even migrant workers and most certainly do not pay 150 per day, unless business fronts all initial costs of visa and permits, provides accomodation and food and even then it would be over 200 per day.

cost of getting one legit is almost 45000 baht. 

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

I wonder where all you experts get the 150 per day information from? Which bar stool?

maybe 10 years ago it was 150 baht per day . Businesses struggle to get workers , even migrant workers and most certainly do not pay 150 per day, unless business fronts all initial costs of visa and permits, provides accomodation and food and even then it would be over 200 per day.

cost of getting one legit is almost 45000 baht. 

What utter dribble ! Is there any difference between 150-200 baht ? It’s still peanuts for unskilled ‘tradesman’???? 45000 baht ? ???? seriously you really need to leave your village . 

10 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:
17 hours ago, Naam said:

and think of all the poor sods who don't have any money to invest in houses and condos here...

It gets boring to read statements like yours sometimes. A lot of people don't want to buy poor quality real estate which they don't even own. Some would rather still have it in their own country and reap the benefits of full ownership while enjoying the benefits of the first world country should they decide to ever go back.

comments like these from somebody who will "reap the benefits of full ownership" of a shoebox when in 25 years' time the mortgage is repaid are quite amusing.

:laugh:

7 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Tradesman ? ???? what trade school did they go to ? Where was your house built ? The facts are you will not get a high quality build in Thailand . You may get a little more lipstick on the pig but it will still be the pig . 

not when you are for 11 months the first one on the construction site and the last one to leave!

20 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

and think of all the poor sods investing in houses and condos here …

No problem.........build your  own, I did. Not a  single problem in 6 years as I did ALL the work myself, and i dont mean "supervising" I mean physically buying  and mixing concrete/cement, block laying tiling electrics plumbing alone.

5 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

What utter dribble ! Is there any difference between 150-200 baht ? It’s still peanuts for unskilled ‘tradesman’???? 45000 baht ? ???? seriously you really need to leave your village . 

guessing here but reckon he means 4-500baht /day  which is the going rate round here for the same unskilled  workers with "no idea"

16 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

That ‘reputable’ company will be employing 150 baht a day Cambodian tradesman .... when was the last time you see a Thai on a building site ? 

150 ???? you are so out of touch, try minimum 500 for Burmese if you are  lucky and if you can actually  find ANY anymore.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

comments like these from somebody who will "reap the benefits of full ownership" of a shoebox when in 25 years' time the mortgage is repaid are quite amusing.

:laugh:

I'm not a fan of "shoebox" ownership but I think the member is referring to a condo that he might have purchased in my home city. From what I hear, I don't think he could hear the neigbours fart (like said about Thailand condos) but apparently you can hear when they have passionate sex. And you might know what they're cooking for dinner even though you were not invited.

But ....... Unlike Thailand, his investment is all but guaranteed to appreciate, and long before 25 years. And, strict building codes will guarantee a reasonable quality (by licensed trades people and inspector oversight).

Maybe I missed it but I'm not clear if this 25 million baht house was new or a resale, I suspect a new build. Is there no warranty in Thailand?

5 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

So you have Cambodian staff? Or yet another expert with bar stool education ?

18 hours ago, ThorD72 said:

All construction in Thailand is immensely p... poor,.. unbelievable,.. condos wall are way too thin,.. no sound proofing,. The windows and doors are cheap as heck,... front exit doors even have gaps,.. amazing,..You can hear people sneeze outside and neighbopurs fart. 

The villas and houses around are the same,.. 10 years and repairs starts to set in,,... properties looks like they’re 30 years and not 10,.. 
Had a roof leak here in Hua Hin recently,.. discovered the roof was nothing but the tiles,.. OMG,... that means one tile slightly off and you have leak an repairs in the thousands,.. 

I would never buy a condo/villa in Thailand for even the third of what their asking,.. NEVER!,.. lololol,..... 

Have to build it myself then,.. 

That's BS I'm having a very large house built, The builders are amazing I oversee everything including the foundations, you wouldn't find it hard to get as good a builder anywhere in the world. I have a background in building in Australia

I have a Thai relative with a gated townhouse that was new built and had roof leak probems.

They have had it for sale for a long while and have not been able to sell. Guess it is

the location. As well as building quality, so,  I do have sympathy for the people who spend mony on a home only to have it be unlivable.

Geezer

13 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

When paying high prices for so-called upmarket housing, don`t they have such things as surveyors in Thailand? If I were considering paying 25 MIL for a house, I would definitely have the land, buildings and area surveyed prior to signing any contracts. 

A Surveyor wont pick up those kind of problems, you would need an engineer to continually monitor the building during construction

54 minutes ago, kannot said:

150 ???? you are so out of touch, try minimum 500 for Burmese if you are  lucky and if you can actually  find ANY anymore.

Even if that was in the slightest bit true (which it’s not) would you begrudge unskilled tradesman $15 a day to build a $1 million house ? Get in the real world . That house would cost about $300k max to build with quality tradesman it’s a basic master planned track home . You pay peanuts you get monkeys or in your case you build yourself . 

1 hour ago, neeray said:

I'm not a fan of "shoebox" ownership but I think the member is referring to a condo that he might have purchased in my home city. From what I hear, I don't think he could hear the neigbours fart (like said about Thailand condos) but apparently you can hear when they have passionate sex. And you might know what they're cooking for dinner even though you were not invited.

But ....... Unlike Thailand, his investment is all but guaranteed to appreciate, and long before 25 years. And, strict building codes will guarantee a reasonable quality (by licensed trades people and inspector oversight).

Maybe I missed it but I'm not clear if this 25 million baht house was new or a resale, I suspect a new build. Is there no warranty in Thailand?

Yeah. Tell it like it is.

And the condo is fully paid of, thanks to high rental demand and tenants that actually pay.

As for sex, never heard any here. People of Toronto are too stuck up for that. Heard plenty in Montreal, though....

Onto the next one ????

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Even if that was in the slightest bit true (which it’s not) would you begrudge unskilled tradesman $15 a day to build a $1 million house ? Get in the real world . That house would cost about $300k max to build with quality tradesman it’s a basic master planned track home . You pay peanuts you get monkeys or in your case you build yourself . 

As I said you are really REALLY out  of touch, however  if you know any workers  who will work for 150 a  day Id be pleased to have their details.......more likely amazed though.

In Thailand you pay anything you get monkeys period.

15 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Your BS, I am getting a high quality build I inspect it all the way, You don't need a certificate to be a quality builder just experience

6 hours ago, Netease said:

That's BS I'm having a very large house built, The builders are amazing I oversee everything including the foundations, you wouldn't find it hard to get as good a builder anywhere in the world. I have a background in building in Australia

I quoted Wouldn't I meant to say would

Archived