Chiang Mai spray paint vandals: Brit spared jail as repentant Brittney goes all cultural

webfact

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Fines aren't optional. You'd prefer to do some time, would you?

Unfair amount he has to pay. He should sock it to 'em and stay in jail until they (Thai authorities) get fed up.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well one things for certain. it will be a while before he can afford anymore cans of spray paint. It should give him plenty of time to learn how to spell Scouser.

Wasn't it said he picked the can up? There are plenty of graffiti morons out there in CM and perhaps he just did see it and do it on a stupid whim. Guy maybe not a bad kid, but there will never ever be any head haunters trying to recruit him for any meaning job.

Low life ...should have it tattooed on his forehead if he wants all to see it...and he thinks it’s artistic... 

100..000 about £2500.   They can find money to fly, stay eat out, visit the sights and , according to Scouser Lee get absolutely Pissed up... they must have spent that to be here... 

who had to clean it up?? What work and cost went into that...

i reckon the rest of the “holiday” time on community work

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I read the Thai newspapers.

This is less of a fine than if you drive drink and kill someone.

This was just a guy, and his flame, spraying an old wall. Give him a break, Victimless crime, Put Liverpool in a bad light for those Thais that could be bothered the read the case.

Neeranam is quite right; "This is less of a fine than if you drive drink and kill someone."

Shouldn't be allowed to get away with it though IMO. Florescent orange jump-suit and a ball and chain. Picking up the plastic everywhere, for a couple of days, that the Thais have just chucked away. Bring attention to what is really important out there.

I read about this story in the news. Looks like these two are very silly and lacking any comprehension of the place they are visiting. Many forget that once you leave your home country that all bets are off on many things. However, these two look like a couple of fools to say the least.

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

This was just a guy, and his flame, spraying an old wall. Give him a break, Victimless crime, Put Liverpool in a bad light for those Thais that could be bothered the read the case.

Neeranam is quite right; "This is less of a fine than if you drive drink and kill someone."

Shouldn't be allowed to get away with it though IMO. Florescent orange jump-suit and a ball and chain. Picking up the plastic everywhere, for a couple of days, that the Thais have just chucked away. Bring attention to what is really important out there.

Rarely is a crime victimless. Usually someone has to put things right or be put out in some way. 

As only a small percentage of criminals get caught, those that do should put right not just what they did but also some of what others got away with.

I doubt these 2 muppets will be paying much of the fines out of their own pockets. Prison is too severe and a waste of time and money.

A far better and more suitable punishment would be to get them cleaning up litter, graffiti and chewing gum from around the city for a week or two and a small fine to cover expenses.

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Wasn't it said he picked the can up? There are plenty of graffiti morons out there in CM and perhaps he just did see it and do it on a stupid whim. Guy maybe not a bad kid, but there will never ever be any head haunters trying to recruit him for any meaning job.

I don't believe a word either of them say. His mother said they lived hand to mouth yet he can afford to go on the piss in Thailand!

His shirt and actions show what he is really like - no respect for anyone or anything. Not even his own family.

Hopefully he will learn from this experience and become a better man but I have my doubts.

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Unfair amount he has to pay. He should sock it to 'em and stay in jail until they (Thai authorities) get fed up.

A fine or a Thai prison - I think I know who will be first to get fed up.

Dreadful disrespect and they got what they deserved.

Good that the female made some attempt at regret and remorse.

Nobody would expect that from the ignorant scouser (no capital is not a typo), maybe he should have been blacklisted for 5 years too?

Fair judgement in a Thai court otherwise.

Do they have to pay for the flights back?

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Another armchair rebel !!

You have either got principles or you have not. This artist, if he is true to his art, would have said "If you don't like my art then tough titty for you."

Thailand is a third world county which needs educating in many areas. Art being one of them. And value of human life another.

17 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Is that right? 100K fine. I wouldn't pay it. Hope he doesn't.

Against any sort of norm.

What level of fine was given to the last Thai person who spray painted the walls of the old city? What's that, no Thai person has ever done so before.......case closed me lud.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:13 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Well one things for certain. it will be a while before he can afford anymore cans of spray paint. It should give him plenty of time to learn how to spell Scouser.

Comes to about $3000 US. Wonder if they had to show their bank balances? It's not a terribly huge amount of money, a month's pay for an even a below average salary of $12.75 an hour. So no beer or spray paint for a month

21 hours ago, owl sees all said:

That's what you'd do, is it, "sock it to 'em"?  It'd be no skin off the court's, or the jail's, nose to keep you (or him) in prison, why would they get fed up?  What a joke!

17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's what you'd do, is it, "sock it to 'em"?  What a joke!

Joke!! No joke JW. Look the guy went for a stroll with his new, sexy girlfriend. He inadvertently kicked a discarded can of black spray paint and, finding it was not empty, and on impulse, decided to put Liverpool on the local map. He probably didn't think; 'now this is a sacred wall', can't spray on here.

Not the most artistic bit of graffiti, but it was dark and he was probably rushing to get back with his gf.

He did wrong. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but,,,. Come on 100k bhat. If he hadn't sprayed the paint and just took the can to the nearest rubbish bin we would all be saying "great stuff Liverpool lad", show the locals how to do it. 

About half-a-dozen religious nutters got on their high horse. Not a lot different to the reaction, by some of the religious nuts in Pakistan over Asia Bibi.

And why we are on the subject of art. That T-shirt of his! Where can i get one?

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Joke!! No joke JW. Look the guy went for a stroll with his new, sexy girlfriend. He inadvertently kicked a discarded can of black spray paint and, finding it was not empty, and on impulse, decided to put Liverpool on the local map. He probably didn't think; 'now this is a sacred wall', can't spray on here.

Not the most artistic bit of graffiti, but it was dark and he was probably rushing to get back with his gf.

He did wrong. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but,,,. Come on 100k bhat. If he hadn't sprayed the paint and just took the can to the nearest rubbish bin we would all be saying "great stuff Liverpool lad", show the locals how to do it. 

About half-a-dozen religious nutters got on their high horse. Not a lot different to the reaction, by some of the religious nuts in Pakistan over Asia Bibi.

If you believe he just happened to find a black spray can lying on the ground, then you probably still believe in Santa Claus. As I pointed out before, both these idiots have more than made the fine money from gofundme, so it hasn't cost them a penny, it's probably financed their next holiday as well.

9 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You have either got principles or you have not. This artist, if he is true to his art, would have said "If you don't like my art then tough titty for you."

Thailand is a third world county which needs educating in many areas. Art being one of them. And value of human life another.

Art my arse! It seems it's not only Thailand that needs educating.

34 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

"That T-shirt of his! Where can i get one?"

You could try 'Yobs R Us" ????????????

Archived