Chiang Mai spray paint vandals: Brit spared jail as repentant Brittney goes all cultural

webfact

1 hour ago, vogie said:

You could try 'Yobs R Us" ????????????

I like it anyway. You probably haven't noticed it but it has a ladies breast on part of it. Nothing nicer than a ladies breast; or perhaps two.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Art my arse! It seems it's not only Thailand that needs educating.

That might be aimed at me. But I see such injustice In Thailand. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I like it anyway. You probably haven't noticed it but it has a ladies breast on part of it. Nothing nicer than a ladies breast; or perhaps two.

I have an offer that is for one week only, 500baht for one, buy two for 1500baht.

Hurry while stocks last!

saggy-boobs-t-ts-breasts-rude-man-funny-mens.jpg

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Live with it or leave, your choice.

13 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Comes to about $3000 US. Wonder if they had to show their bank balances? It's not a terribly huge amount of money, a month's pay for an even a below average salary of $12.75 an hour. So no beer or spray paint for a month

I guess you have never had to live on the equivalent of $12.75 an hour if you think someone on that could pay $3000 off in a month.

20 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You have either got principles or you have not. This artist, if he is true to his art, would have said "If you don't like my art then tough titty for you."

Thailand is a third world county which needs educating in many areas. Art being one of them. And value of human life another.

Artist!!!

The only type of artist this numpty is and ever will be is a piss artist. Graffiti is 95% vandalism, 4% humor and only 1% art, if at all.

What they did is no more art than a row of parked cars with their door mirrors kicked off, is.

His next work of art might be throwing bricks through your front windows. Then being true to his art he will laugh and run away.

Almost anything can be considered art even an unmade bed. That does not mean I deserve any respect for my daily creations. At least it doesn't offend anyone or put anyone out (apart from my wife).

If I spray painted a beard on the Mona Lisa, is that art?

2 hours ago, chang1 said:

His next work of art might be throwing bricks through your front windows. Then being true to his art he will laugh and run away.

Almost anything can be considered art even an unmade bed. That does not mean I deserve any respect for my daily creations. At least it doesn't offend anyone or put anyone out (apart from my wife).

If I spray painted a beard on the Mona Lisa, is that art?

You are quite right of course. Art, at least a good deal of it, is in the mind and the eye of the beholder.

Are you saying that this chap. Lee I think his name is, has not got a future in the art scene!?

If he wasn't pissed perhaps he wouldn't even have done it. Who knows what goes through the minds of these gifted ones when they have had a few bevvies.

27 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

You are quite right of course. Art, at least a good deal of it, is in the mind and the eye of the beholder.

Are you saying that this chap. Lee I think his name is, has not got a future in the art scene!?

If he wasn't pissed perhaps he wouldn't even have done it. Who knows what goes through the minds of these gifted ones when they have had a few bevvies.

You see a mindless scrawl by an illiterate drunken moron as gifted? Birds of a feather I guess.

22 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Joke!! No joke JW. Look the guy went for a stroll with his new, sexy girlfriend. He inadvertently kicked a discarded can of black spray paint and, finding it was not empty, and on impulse, decided to put Liverpool on the local map. He probably didn't think; 'now this is a sacred wall', can't spray on here.

Not the most artistic bit of graffiti, but it was dark and he was probably rushing to get back with his gf.

He did wrong. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but,,,. Come on 100k bhat. If he hadn't sprayed the paint and just took the can to the nearest rubbish bin we would all be saying "great stuff Liverpool lad", show the locals how to do it. 

About half-a-dozen religious nutters got on their high horse. Not a lot different to the reaction, by some of the religious nuts in Pakistan over Asia Bibi.

And why we are on the subject of art. That T-shirt of his! Where can i get one?

I thought that you would, eventually, back off your ridiculous assertion that he should not pay and go to jail, just as you claim that you would do, to "sock it to 'em until they get fed up"!!   Well done, abandoning your principles!

Bang on the dosh there again Just Weird.

You are right; I said no fine or jail time but I didn't say he should go unpunished (see post #39).

As has been pointed out drunk drivers who kill get a lesser fine.

But!!! We are going over old ground here. At the moment IMO, his art is a little basic for me to get enthusiastic about and I'm sure many of the TVForum poster would agree. Let's look to the future. Word on the street is that he is intending going back to art college to finish his degree.

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Bang on the dosh there again Just Weird.

You are right; I said no fine or jail time but I didn't say he should go unpunished (see post #39).

As has been pointed out drunk drivers who kill get a lesser fine.

But!!! We are going over old ground here. At the moment IMO, his art is a little basic for me to get enthusiastic about and I'm sure many of the TVForum poster would agree. Let's look to the future. Word on the street is that he is intending going back to art college to finish his degree.

All credibility gone. Don't embarrass yourself any further.

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

One of your first posts owl and I have a good memory. ????

Yes, spot on Vogie. The last time was just over 20 years ago at Willesden. I was vice-chair of Brent at that time.

Were you actualy there? The main topic was about the Wembley Stadium parking ban around the stadium being increased to 5km on match days, if i can recall.

Archived