Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand

webfact

Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand

LC.jpg

Picture: Facebook Luke Cook

Media around the world has been commenting on the story of Australian Luke Cook, 34, who has been sentenced to death for trying to import half a ton of methamphetamine into Australia.

While Thaivisa sources close to Cook said that his wife Kanyarat Wechapitak, 40, was a "controlling and unpleasant person".

She is also facing death though it is believed the sentences will be commuted. 

Cook and Kanyarat ran the Jolly's Piss Stop Bar and Restaurant and the attached Jolly's Hotel in Soi Bua Khao in Thailand's world famous seaside resort. 

They attracted the attention of local media in Pattaya and their bar and hotel operation was featured on YouTube. 

Cook was living the high life in Pattaya leasing yachts but was mixed up in drugs with Wayne Schneider who was murdered and found buried by the side of a road.

He was also an associate of Antonio Bagnato who has been convicted of the murder of Schneider. 

luke.jpg

Photo: Narcotics Suppression Bureau

Cook was involved at one time with the Hell's Angels biker gang in Perth and met other criminals through that association. 

In December of last year after a previous conviction Cook and his wife were nabbed at Suvarabhumi airport and charged with trying to import 500 kgs of "ice" into Australia. 

The drugs were dumped off the coast of Chonburi after Thai authorities got wind of the shipment to Australia from China via Thailand. 

An insider source who knew Cook well and asked not to be named told Thaivisa that Kanyarat was an unpleasant and controlling wife who kept her hands on business matters. 

She was described to Thaivisa as an attention seeker who would hog the karaoke microphone at the couple's bar and who aspired to a hi-so life. 

Together the couple had luxury properties, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Ducatis and even a personal yacht. 

The West Australian media down under itemized Cook's extravagant lifestyle and fall from grace from the expat everyone wanted to get to know to the convicted criminal of today. 

On YouTube a two to three minute video starts with a friendly "G'day" and extols the virtues of a trip to Jolly's for the "complete experience" in Pattaya. Good meals, pool, TVs for sports and 450B rooms were all laid on for customers. 

But when the 2015 methamphetamine plot was discovered by Thai police it all turned sour for Cook and his wife. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-14

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes i guess he wont be leaving for awhile anyway, sounds like a nice man and very polite , pity he got mixed up with bikies , drugs ,criminals etc 

its alleged he drove the killer of the drug importer to the cambodian border,well its not alleged anymore i guess

i am told the Australian Feds had undercover guys in pattaya , im not sure if its true , i reckon that Glitter man  could of been undercover cop.

Not sure why the media keeps referring to this crime as "importing drugs into Australia" , He was caught with drugs in Thailand. The intended destination was maybe Australia but the boat could have ended up in Tahiti.

Everyone seems to be ignoring the real crime here

"an attention seeker who would hog the karaoke microphone"

So this "Pattaya big shot," living the high life with luxury properties, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Ducatis and even a personal yacht....and the best he could do for female companionship was this 40 yr old hi-so wannabe?  I mean, come on dude.  I could do better on my worst day. 

Im not sure what jail he will be in but by far the worse jail i visited was the Bang Kwang Jail in Bangkok about 6 years ago.

This is a jail that they nickname the Big Tiger because it eats you up.

I have visited many jails  ( volunteer and part time work for a charity) but I have never encountered such rude nasty thai people as i did visiting in there and they were the officers, they just didnt care about people mmany of them not a ounce of kindness, they would snarl their faces at you and sometimes not even answer.

these officers are not like ordinary thais ,they look yiu direct in the eyes as they snarl and talk down to you.

i was once enquiring where a certain prisoner was and his welfare, the senior officer kept saying “ huh , ! Huh ! Screwing his face up 

Like it was pains for him to talk to me.he was a half indian thai officer with a turban on ,he slammed a door in my face as i was asking about a prisoners welfare.

They even had some nickname for one low bassstard thai prison guard , apparently his nickname reflected  on how he liked to hurt and punish prisoners. 

and anyone thinking Bang Kwang is like Pattaya jail better grow up fast ,its nothing like it.

i remember one guy telling me that once the large crowded room cell is locked at night they do not open until morning even if your bleeding to death ! Terrible place !

44 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Reading the story in the news its alleged he was paid 10 million for his part, i wonder how many of us would do the same?

so please dont cast the first stone unless u never sinned

Yes, many of us have probably sinned but most of us draw the line at international drug smuggling. That entitles us to cast lots of stones, lol

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is this bar still going?

is the owner still there , it would be good to get his side ?

Get his side of what? He is a convicted felon, a drug importer, a monster mixed up in everything illegal and you would like to get his side. Brilliant.

55 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Reading the story in the news its alleged he was paid 10 million for his part, i wonder how many of us would do the same?

Who are you, this criminal`s PR manager?

Have I got news for you. I wager the majority of TV posters on this thread would not do drug trafficking and drug dealing for any amount of money. Count me in as one of those who wouldn`t touch this with a barge pole.

More than likely this Australian and his jumped up hi-so Thai wife obtained their businesses from drug related monies. He was probably part of a drug cartel.

Good, I hope they throw the book at them. Scum.

12 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, many of us have probably sinned but most of us draw the line at international drug smuggling. That entitles us to cast lots of stones, lol

Thanks. ????

I have sinned many times in Pattaya  ...with many ladies. :whistling:

That’s a good point. I’ve had several speeding tickets before and once removed the label from a mattress without written permission from the authorities. 

Is this bar still going?

is the owner still there , it would be good to get his side ?

His side of what?

Would you believe everything he said?

Suggest you find something a little more adult to occupy your time. You need a hobby.

1 minute ago, Time Traveller said:

True dat....he was a douchebag......I guess the standard of Pattaya farang is so low that as long as they ain't a pedofile then that qualifies as "respected"

Interesting read all these comments here...
As if everyone knew the couple - at least we all seem to have an opinion...
Anyway: I knew them both plus their 2 children. 
What "the parents" got is probably well-deserved. It is heartbreaking however: That these innocent kids have to bite the dust.

Archived