Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, eggers said:

Gets what he & she deserve ...Life in Thai BKK Hilton hopefully!! They had No conscience about selling drugs into AUS, that would've ruined many young lives!!

Bangkok Hilton, real name Bang Kwang, is a male only prison. It is also the prison that holds Thailand's Death Row.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

So this "Pattaya big shot," living the high life with luxury properties, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Ducatis and even a personal yacht....and the best he could do for female companionship was this 40 yr old hi-so wannabe?  I mean, come on dude.  I could do better on my worst day. 

55555 i think your right, but hearing about his posessions i also think this was not his first time messing with drugs .so i think he was stuck with her because if he would score another chick, she would have ratted him out to the police for sure 1 million% . She would have lost her lifestile and her family's piggy bank . 

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Reading the story in the news its alleged he was paid 10 million for his part, i wonder how many of us would do the same?

so please dont cast the first stone unless u never sinned

4 million and the police never pursued the boat. They panicked and tossed it. That was there big mistake. it was then pieced together at a later date

Reading the story in the news its alleged he was paid 10 million for his part, i wonder how many of us would do the same?

I, and I believe the majority of people, would not get involved with pushing drugs

for any amount of money.

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Im not sure what jail he will be in but by far the worse jail i visited was the Bang Kwang Jail in Bangkok about 6 years ago.

This is a jail that they nickname the Big Tiger because it eats you up.

I have visited many jails  ( volunteer and part time work for a charity) but I have never encountered such rude nasty thai people as i did visiting in there and they were the officers, they just didnt care about people mmany of them not a ounce of kindness, they would snarl their faces at you and sometimes not even answer.

these officers are not like ordinary thais ,they look yiu direct in the eyes as they snarl and talk down to you.

i was once enquiring where a certain prisoner was and his welfare, the senior officer kept saying “ huh , ! Huh ! Screwing his face up 

Like it was pains for him to talk to me.he was a half indian thai officer with a turban on ,he slammed a door in my face as i was asking about a prisoners welfare.

They even had some nickname for one low bassstard thai prison guard , apparently his nickname reflected  on how he liked to hurt and punish prisoners. 

and anyone thinking Bang Kwang is like Pattaya jail better grow up fast ,its nothing like it.

i remember one guy telling me that once the large crowded room cell is locked at night they do not open until morning even if your bleeding to death ! Terrible place !

...and yet the customers keep arriving.

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Im not sure what jail he will be in but by far the worse jail i visited was the Bang Kwang Jail in Bangkok about 6 years ago.

This is a jail that they nickname the Big Tiger because it eats you up.

I have visited many jails  ( volunteer and part time work for a charity) but I have never encountered such rude nasty thai people as i did visiting in there and they were the officers, they just didnt care about people mmany of them not a ounce of kindness, they would snarl their faces at you and sometimes not even answer.

these officers are not like ordinary thais ,they look yiu direct in the eyes as they snarl and talk down to you.

i was once enquiring where a certain prisoner was and his welfare, the senior officer kept saying “ huh , ! Huh ! Screwing his face up 

Like it was pains for him to talk to me.he was a half indian thai officer with a turban on ,he slammed a door in my face as i was asking about a prisoners welfare.

They even had some nickname for one low bassstard thai prison guard , apparently his nickname reflected  on how he liked to hurt and punish prisoners. 

and anyone thinking Bang Kwang is like Pattaya jail better grow up fast ,its nothing like it.

i remember one guy telling me that once the large crowded room cell is locked at night they do not open until morning even if your bleeding to death ! Terrible place !

Sounds like the perfect jail, i bet the don't get a lot of reoffenders coming back .  ha ha ha ha

3 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

True dat....he was a douchebag......I guess the standard of Pattaya farang is so low that as long as they ain't a pedofile then that qualifies as "respected"

There are a lot of Farangs I know in Pattaya who are not, as you say  "so low".

who do you think you are to refer to people in that way?

lot of people saying its a shame he got caught up in this world when he had a good business,but its likely he brought the business cuz he had a lot of cash he needed to launder as drugs was his line of business.could be wrong but i wouldnt be shocked if that was the case,as a lot of business in pattaya are just fronts to 'clean' cash.

im pretty sure most people wouldnt get involved in drugs in thailand however much cash is on offer,i know for a fact i wouldnt as no amount of money is worth spending the rest of your life in bang-up,people who take them risks are just greedy

1 hour ago, decca60 said:

I agree with what you say Sir, I got yo know them as well and the 3 kids. 2 as a couple plus one she had previously with another french guy. My wife and I had respect and confidence for Luke. In the frame of his marine business he helped me with clearing customs, unloading the boat from container and fix all the details to get the boat on water. He was a nice person to deal with, very correct prices for his services, respectfull, involved in what he was doing for me. All documentation in due form and on time. So this guy had full respect from me while he was very helpfull and honest with us. Not the common big mouth expat working here. I recomended him to a friend doing the same operation and he was also very satisfied. I always saw him, even by chance in town driving either his brown Pajero or his Ducati never a Merc or BMW. I also know his boat and it's far away to be a "luxury yacht" although it was a good size cat.

I saw his wife twice with the kids. I found her to be a "pompous idiot" pretending to be a layer having an "influent family"....bad luck my wife who is a true one(not thai) found after few chats she didn't know anything about this kind of job. I saw HER driving a Merc..

My wife and I felt from our chairs when we saw them arrested at Swampy last year and even more when we learnt the reasons behind. Although the thai justice should have strong evidences  against them to put them in the death corridor, I still have hard time to believe the Luke I knew has been involved in all that nasty sh..t.

As a summary yes indeed very sad for the kids

Very nice guy. .. like that catholic priest that took the boys camping, very nice guy like the one that gives your children poison, get real man. While we all believe in taking responsibilty for our actions we all know teenagers are adventurous & susceptible to peer pressure & party atmosphere. Keep the poison peddlers in jail forever.

Out of curiosity; how do you check-in 500 kgs of anything onto a flight to Australia without being noticed? Assumingly it was brought as excess luggage it must have cost  fortune as the fee is 1% of the single first class tariff. Just wondering .............. 

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is this bar still going?

is the owner still there , it would be good to get his side ?

Really? Is the owner still there? Did you read the article? He's on death row awaiting execution for drug smuggling.....Pretty sure he's not going to be there, again, ever!

Living the good life but wanting to live a really, really, really good life.  Hello Mr. Greed.  I'm sure Mr. Greed will make a wonderful cell mate, and if executed, he'll hold Luke's hand at the end.  Such a sad story... :coffee1:

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes i guess he wont be leaving for awhile anyway, sounds like a nice man and very polite , pity he got mixed up with bikies , drugs ,criminals etc 

its alleged he drove the killer of the drug importer to the cambodian border,well its not alleged anymore i guess

i am told the Australian Feds had undercover guys in pattaya , im not sure if its true , i reckon that Glitter man  could of been undercover cop.

So who deals with drugs is a nice and polite man...

Archived