Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, BestB said:

As I said, when he lived in Thailand it was a different matter now that he has been gone for a few years just unsure how accurate all the information is 

Why you think that, he use the same network, I mean you don't have to live in Thailand to to be an investigating journalist with access to important files about people. 

The last years he stayed in Bangkok he almost didn't move from his chair, all the information was given to him from different sources. A phone call , an e-mail , social media, he knows how to use it.

London or Bangkok , doesn't matter. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gang Warily said:

I think it is quite clear from the links provided that his sources are former 'police volunteers' who drew the line at setting people up for the death penalty. Clearly as he points out none of these people are whiter than white - but it provides a good insight into how they work. The other sources such as the inquest in Australia are public records which he found on the net and pointed out the significance of - and of course other witnesses were steroid dealers who had done deals for 'non prosecution'.  So there is nothing really hidden in his reports. The question everybody us asking is 'Where is Bagnato now. On what charges is he being held - and indeed, is he being held?  It must have taken some doing to get off the murder charge looking at the evidence presented to the NSW inquest.  You're right verifying information in Thailand is very difficult. And you won't get if from police. The other point which somebody raised is - how was the young 23-year-old American surfer type kid prosecuted at all, solely on the evidence of one discredited police volunteer. 

So you think those involved came clean and only to AD? 

Again I always enjoyed reading AD when he was living here. Now that he is not and has been gone fir a while I am not so sure all info correct, does not mean it’s not. But I reserve my right to be sceptical. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

Why you think that, he use the same network, I mean you don't have to live in Thailand to to be an investigating journalist with access to important files about people. 

The last years he stayed in Bangkok he almost didn't move from his chair, all the information was given to him from different sources. A phone call , an e-mail , social media, he knows how to use it.

London or Bangkok , doesn't matter. 

Staying in Thailand and knowing where information comes from is little different than staying in London and guessing where information came from and how genuine it is. 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Staying in Thailand and knowing where information comes from is little different than staying in London and guessing where information came from and how genuine it is. 

I don't think Andrew Drummond guesses where his information comes from. He has to know his sources though he will respect requests for anonymity where clearly not doing so would endanger the source.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:21 PM, KittenKong said:

The phrase "live by the sword, die by the sword" does not mean that I advocate the death penalty for anyone. I could just as well have used the phrase "lie down with dogs, get up with fleas" and it would be equally valid.

Anyone who runs a bar in a town like this should expect to come into contact with criminals and other lowlifes quite often. I certainly would, and that's why I would never get involved in any such business here, under any circumstances. I dont like that sort of person and I dont even want to see them, let alone talk to them or rub shoulders with them.

Innocent or guilty, this guy was an idiot to mix with lowlifes. If he wanted to get out of it he should have found himself a proper job or business, dealing with honest and decent people. Which would probably have meant going home.

But you have your location marked as Jomtien?

I presume all the local foreigners living in such a salubrious, classy location are gainfully employed as surgeons, Aeronautical engineers, Oil tycoons, etc who have proper jobs and are worthy of you rubbing shoulders with them?

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

But you have your location marked as Jomtien?

I presume all the local foreigners living in such a salubrious, classy location are gainfully employed as surgeons, Aeronautical engineers, Oil tycoons, etc who have proper jobs and are worthy of you rubbing shoulders with them?

The expats I mix with here are all retired, as am I. I know a few people who run businesses here and without exception they are just money-grabbers with no real interest in anything or anyone other than themselves. I certainly dont want to talk to them.

56 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The expats I mix with here are all retired, as am I. I know a few people who run businesses here and without exception they are just money-grabbers with no real interest in anything or anyone other than themselves. I certainly dont want to talk to them.

Did you think people run businesses for charity not for profit?

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Did you think people run businesses for charity not for profit?

No. But one can run a successful business without just being a money-grabber. I managed to do it for 30 years, without ever getting involved in any criminal activities of any type and without making any enemies.

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 6:50 AM, Emster23 said:

Is it safe to assume he won't be attending "Pattaya red carpet gala for movers and shakers"? He's probably shaking for real now, but moving... not so sure

At least the infamous Drew Noyes 'ex of this Parish' had the 'good' sense just to rip off fellow farangs and keep out of the drug business.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, Burma Bill said:

Quote" "Thailand's world famous seaside resort" - should read "Thailand's world INFAMOUS seaside resort". I personally HATE the place and have no intentions of ever returning to the dump.  

Good - with that attitude you will not be welcome and anyway you would no doubt HATE the place.????????

On 1/2/2019 at 4:34 PM, Gang Warily said:

Probably. But when you take Thai police at Face value and assume they are telling the truth when they say he was (1) a Hell's Angel (2) an associate of Bagnato (3) lived a luxury life style - say compatible with an international drugs trafficker' (4) was an associate of Hell's Angel Wayne Schneider, then you have fallen for some of the oldest scams in town. Odd, because most people here seem to think they know Thailand well.  Here's a hint. The chief prosecution witness against Luke Cook, was an Australian working as a Thai Police Volunteer, who also happened to be the person who provided the house and cars for the murder of Wayne Schneider. Wouldn't that make you suspicious?

I'd be interested to see Andrew Drummond's take on this if he ever reports it. As he is a very credible investigative reporter - I don't know about this 'Bangkok Jack'. If he has friend's here who believe his innocence then maybe you should get in touch with him and let him know what you know. 

Update - have just read his article and he casts doubt on the veracity of the prosecution case for sure. That said this is Thailand so the chance of justice and a fair trial are slim, just look at the Ko Tao Burmese a sad tale indeed if he is innocent and just got used by the bad guys who frequented his circles.

16 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I'd be interested to see Andrew Drummond's take on this if he ever reports it. As he is a very credible investigative reporter - I don't know about this 'Bangkok Jack'. If he has friend's here who believe his innocence then maybe you should get in touch with him and let him know what you know. 

Update - have just read his article and he casts doubt on the veracity of the prosecution case for sure. That said this is Thailand so the chance of justice and a fair trial are slim, just look at the Ko Tao Burmese a sad tale indeed if he is innocent and just got used by the bad guys who frequented his circles.

Andrew Drummond did report on it and casts massive doubts on this lawsuit. You can find details on his website.

He believes that the guy is the result of a set up by foreign tourist volunteers and accommodating local CSD cops.

Pattaya is not the place for young guys to live .I bet he wished he never left Oz got mixed up with the wrong crowd and the wrong woman by the sounds of it.You don’t get yachts BMWs and Mercs running a bar in Soi Bahkow He will get thrown in jail with all the other drug dealers and forgotten about Sadly.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:40 AM, webfact said:

Cook was involved at one time with the Hell's Angels biker gang in Perth and met other criminals through that association. 

Interesting comment, "met other criminals through that association". Is this a comment based on reputation or fact?

On 6/10/2019 at 8:52 PM, Huckenfell said:

An expat with plenty of money to splash around.

Many  younger /  middle aged expat men ,  are  living the celebrity life in LOS.

Where is their  money coming from?.    Non taxable 555.

Archived