Jump to content

Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand


webfact

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, BestB said:

I always use to read Andrew D site when he lived here as it was a real eye opener.

 

With him being gone, I am somewhat sceptical how and where he gets the information and verifies it.

 

Not saying he is wrong, just somewhat sceptical.

 

about Cook, Sure BMW could be leased but lease still requires payments and last time I checked , BM leases are NOT few thousand baht per month and his BM was not a basic bottom range 3 series.

Andrew D has good contacts built up over 25 years plus and uses all the social media apps line Line, WhatsApp etc. He does not need to go to all the places he writes about. If he was here he'd still be writing this from Bangkok. no doubt. He strenuously seeks multiple sources. And the net allows him to give detail nor normally given in newspapers or TV news.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Who in all honesty really cares whether or not the tattoos are the same?

I imagine that the guy in the photo cares.

 

19 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

The main point to be considered in this thread, is that in all probability Thailand has yet another innocent man set up by scum and is now on death row, even if they don't execute him and his wife, their lives as they know them, are ruined. The French scumbag and his associates who were nothing more than plastic, mickey mouse, policemen, and police grasses and snitches whilst running a large drugs operation themselves,

I doubt that there are many innocent farang businessmen in Pattaya. He may not have done what he was locked up for, but he probably did other things instead. And apparently he also made the stupid mistake of mixing with other crooks and lowlifes.

 

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gang Warily said:

Andrew D has good contacts built up over 25 years plus and uses all the social media apps line Line, WhatsApp etc. He does not need to go to all the places he writes about. If he was here he'd still be writing this from Bangkok. no doubt. He strenuously seeks multiple sources. And the net allows him to give detail nor normally given in newspapers or TV news.

 

That’s rather silly assertions to make . It’s like saying no investigative jorno needs to be where investigations take place because he has internet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I imagine that the guy in the photo cares.

 

I doubt that there are many innocent farang businessmen in Pattaya. He may not have done what he was locked up for, but he probably did other things instead. And apparently he also made the stupid mistake of mixing with other crooks and lowlifes.

 

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

So you saying everyone who owns business in Thailand is a hardcore criminal or at the very least a criminal one way or another ?

 

Did it ever occur to you being in a hotel , restaurant and a bar business you always mix with people? Does not mean you become best buddies but you do mix with people good and bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BestB said:

So you saying everyone who owns business in Thailand is a hardcore criminal or at the very least a criminal one way or another ?

Not at all. But I doubt that many farangs who run businesses in Pattaya always obey the law in all their dealings or are even always honest. Just look at their backgrounds. Some of the best known people here have criminal records where they came from, and that is often the reason they left wherever they came from.

 

26 minutes ago, BestB said:

Did it ever occur to you being in a hotel , restaurant and a bar business you always mix with people? Does not mean you become best buddies but you do mix with people good and bad

If I ran such an establishment here I would talk to my customers as needed. However I would certainly not get involved with them outside of my establishment, nor would I enter into any business deals with them.

Of course the likelihood of me ever getting involved with businesses like that is zero, as I dont need the hassle or the money. Those who do get involved should probably expect the worst.

Link to post
Share on other sites
That’s rather silly assertions to make . It’s like saying no investigative jorno needs to be where investigations take place because he has internet 
Andrew is a respected journalist for more than 30 years, I trust him more than any internet troll making sensational headlines.
His network is wide and he use it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Not at all. But I doubt that many farangs who run businesses in Pattaya always obey the law in all their dealings or are even always honest. Just look at their backgrounds. Some of the best known people here have criminal records where they came from, and that is often the reason they left wherever they came from.

 

If I ran such an establishment here I would talk to my customers as needed. However I would certainly not get involved with them outside of my establishment, nor would I enter into any business deals with them.

Of course the likelihood of me ever getting involved with businesses like that is zero, as I dont need the hassle or the money. Those who do get involved should probably expect the worst.

You realise you posting utter rubbish right? Well known? You mean those that made Thai visa headlines ? 

 

You are not in business , were never in business and yet here you are commenting on how businesses are run 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, balo said:

Andrew is a respected journalist for more than 30 years, I trust him more than any internet troll making sensational headlines.
His network is wide and he use it.
 

Did not question his integrity, however he is no longer in Thailand and verifying information in a place like Thailand is not a walk in the park. Neither you or I know about his network. 

 

As I said, when he lived in Thailand it was a different matter now that he has been gone for a few years just unsure how accurate all the information is 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I imagine that the guy in the photo cares.

 

I doubt that there are many innocent farang businessmen in Pattaya. He may not have done what he was locked up for, but he probably did other things instead. And apparently he also made the stupid mistake of mixing with other crooks and lowlifes.

 

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

 

 

 

That is not the brightest response to put on here when a man has been sentenced to death and had his life, his family's life and his wife's life all ruined at the hands of others, in the likelihood that he never committed what he was accused of.

 

But you think that is OK because he possibly mixed with the wrong kind of people without even knowing who they were? He had already stated he was afraid of these people and trying to put some distance between him and them, and judging by events, rightly so.

 

You have some weird logic indeed if that warrants a death sentence in Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the type of hard core criminals Big Joke should go after, lock up or clean up !!....not the helpless illegal restaurant helpers or cooks, with visa overstay and who work honestly in jobs no Thai can do for a miserable salary

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BestB said:

That’s rather silly assertions to make . It’s like saying no investigative jorno needs to be where investigations take place because he has internet 

Do you think Wikileaks has an office in Panama?  It helps to be present but not necessary in many cases. Indeed it is safer not to be. I doubt whether he would be able to make these allegations if he were, say, living in Pattaya. Where it falls down sometimes is confronting the miscreant - always better to do with with a colleague and a camera/recorder. That would have been quite dangerous considering Shoebridge was the No 1 witness against Luke Cook and Drummond almost certainly would have had police over him like a rash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BestB said:

You are not in business , were never in business and yet here you are commenting on how businesses are run

Actually I have run three very successful businesses, including one that was in the hospitality sector. But none of them was in Thailand and neither I nor any of my clients were murderers or dealers in prohibited items.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BestB said:

Did not question his integrity, however he is no longer in Thailand and verifying information in a place like Thailand is not a walk in the park. Neither you or I know about his network. 

 

As I said, when he lived in Thailand it was a different matter now that he has been gone for a few years just unsure how accurate all the information is 

I think it is quite clear from the links provided that his sources are former 'police volunteers' who drew the line at setting people up for the death penalty. Clearly as he points out none of these people are whiter than white - but it provides a good insight into how they work. The other sources such as the inquest in Australia are public records which he found on the net and pointed out the significance of - and of course other witnesses were steroid dealers who had done deals for 'non prosecution'.  So there is nothing really hidden in his reports. The question everybody us asking is 'Where is Bagnato now. On what charges is he being held - and indeed, is he being held?  It must have taken some doing to get off the murder charge looking at the evidence presented to the NSW inquest.  You're right verifying information in Thailand is very difficult. And you won't get if from police. The other point which somebody raised is - how was the young 23-year-old American surfer type kid prosecuted at all, solely on the evidence of one discredited police volunteer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

That is not the brightest response to put on here when a man has been sentenced to death and had his life, his family's life and his wife's life all ruined at the hands of others, in the likelihood that he never committed what he was accused of.

 

But you think that is OK because he possibly mixed with the wrong kind of people without even knowing who they were? He had already stated he was afraid of these people and trying to put some distance between him and them, and judging by events, rightly so.

 

You have some weird logic indeed if that warrants a death sentence in Thailand.

The phrase "live by the sword, die by the sword" does not mean that I advocate the death penalty for anyone. I could just as well have used the phrase "lie down with dogs, get up with fleas" and it would be equally valid.

 

Anyone who runs a bar in a town like this should expect to come into contact with criminals and other lowlifes quite often. I certainly would, and that's why I would never get involved in any such business here, under any circumstances. I dont like that sort of person and I dont even want to see them, let alone talk to them or rub shoulders with them.

 

Innocent or guilty, this guy was an idiot to mix with lowlifes. If he wanted to get out of it he should have found himself a proper job or business, dealing with honest and decent people. Which would probably have meant going home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

These are the type of hard core criminals Big Joke should go after, lock up or clean up !!....not the helpless illegal restaurant helpers or cooks, with visa overstay and who work honestly in jobs no Thai can do for a miserable salary

Many ignorants on TV do not understand this .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...