Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

He wasn't caught with drugs, it's in the story.

Whatever the technicality, was in possession prior to throwing overboard etc, Its drugs or drug trafficking in Thailand but it keeps being referred to as "importing drugs into Australia". 

13 hours ago, BestB said:

All sounds good to make headlines, only they seem to forget one minor detail. 500 kg of drugs is NOT a one man operation. nor one man bank.

No doubt there are people behind him and no doubt some Thai also involved.

Clearly he did not rat out anyone, i do not think its the end of it one way or another, Way too much money was involved and lost

Of course as the background of the story, he was mixed up with Australian bikies , the involvements in murder of the other bikie in Pattaya in 2015  which ironically he had already been tried and found guilty and.......released !!!!

and arrest of Australian bikie Antonio Bagnato also on Death Row in Bangkok.

Yes obviously theres more involved and I wouldn’t put it pass that  Australian federal police tipped off the thais and i would hazard a guess in all probality which im sure they  do operate in Pattaya, anyone thinking theres no undecover Australian Feds in Pattaya would have rocks in their head, not sure what they look like though., maybe pair of stubbies, thongs, dilligaf t shirt, and a can of fosters !

21 hours ago, Berkshire said:

So this "Pattaya big shot," living the high life with luxury properties, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Ducatis and even a personal yacht....and the best he could do for female companionship was this 40 yr old hi-so wannabe?  I mean, come on dude.  I could do better on my worst day. 

Hmm,..I guess you never met a woman worth it !?

21 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Oh I'm sorry, you're right. He was an angel. Doing Gods work. Meth dealers are really great guys. Even if they participate in the odd murder here and there. 

Since you know them so well and care for their welfare, step up and adopt their children

Does a member pointing out the tragedy of this whole event mean he is required in your eyes to adopt Mr. Cooks children?

I as well think the kids have gotten the short end of the stick.     

Should I try to adopt them as well?

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Whatever the technicality, was in possession prior to throwing overboard etc, Its drugs or drug trafficking in Thailand but it keeps being referred to as "importing drugs into Australia". 

It clearly states, he was arrested at the airport, the drugs were "allegedly" thrown overboard, from a yacht, they have not yet told us how they tie this dude to the yacht, no mention of him being in "possession," at any time.

On 11/14/2018 at 9:57 PM, peterb17 said:

Wow have you ever heard of paragraphs? 

The trouble with drug dealers is that their products ( cut with heaven know what) kill people in the 100s of thousands .

Actually Thailand has not executed anybody for years - the death penalty is symbolic- but I have a suspicion he will be behind bars for a very very long time. 

Thailand executed someone this year; commentators have speculated about whether a tougher policy is in play.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:53 PM, Scouse123 said:

The Aussies like many other countries have a treaty with Thailand.

He can apply to serve his remaining term of imprisonment in an Australian prison after serving eight years in Bang Kwang.

Peter Allan has been in Bang Kwang for approx 15 - 16 years now (He's from Sydney) - I visit him annually when i'm in BKK, although the army are not making it easy for foreigners to have visitors (involves a visit to the Aus embassy)

6 hours ago, alt said:

Peter Allan has been in Bang Kwang for approx 15 - 16 years now (He's from Sydney) - I visit him annually when i'm in BKK, although the army are not making it easy for foreigners to have visitors (involves a visit to the Aus embassy)

Involves a visit to the embassy? Never used to be like this 

16 hours ago, alt said:

Alt,

If you ask him, you will probably find he is now staying through choice as he prefers his life in a Thai prison to the unknown of an Australian one.

Western countries have different treaties with Thailand but I am well aware and know for a fact Australia does have one. 

Many foreigners choose to stay once they have been in a Thai prison for a number of years, their reasons are varied, but include more restrictions and conditions in their home countries prisons, avoiding a criminal record in their country of origin being listed against their name, some have appealed and their cases are still in the courts or they are delaying their cases deliberately as they do not wish to return home  ( some have charges awaiting in their homelands) they are awaiting the result of an appeal to the King for amnesty, in the forlorn hope, that if one is granted they will be able to return to Thailand. Another, they are treated way harsher in their own countries, (this is usually Middle Easterners). Some just have nothing to return to.

There are many reasons.

^^ To answer both questions above.

As you're probably aware, visiting a foreign inmate used to consist of knowing their name & block number. You'd then go on the day that the particular block was assigned to visitors. This has changed. I think direct family / missionaries (known to the prison) are except from this, but certainly 'random' visitors are not.

What I had to do (in Peter's case, as he's AUS citizen), was visit the AUS embassy. I was told to contact a certain person in the embassy (I was given the name from a friend of Peter's who visits him monthly). I explained my case, I explained that I considered Peter family (although not blood related) as I have been visiting him (granted, only per per year) for the past 7 years. The lady wrote quite a long letter (in Thai), with the exact date I was visiting (the next day). When I arrived at Bang Kwang, I handed this letter along with a copy of passport and the little slip form you fill in.

I really do not think Peter is choosing to stay in Bang Kwang. From memory, 2 of his previous appeals were rejected. This appeal, according to the embassy, was accepted. When I visited Peter last December, he was over the damn moon to hear the news that he's hopefully being transferred.... infact, it's almost all we walked about. He talked about his 'some day' freedom, hopefully returning to complete his degree. Let me tell you, from the stories he's told me, no one would 'choose' to stay in a Thai prison.

On that note, I will be emailing my BKK contact this afternoon and if I get a reply I will update anyone who may be interested (PM please). I am hoping that I will be told he's now back in AUS, I have my fingers crossed.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:07 AM, marko kok prong said:

I said in another post some while ago,if you are into big time drug smuggling 99.9% of the time you will end up dead or in jail.

99.9%!! Wow, that .9% implies a level of accuracy that I seriously doubt exists.

Next, if it is accurate, I am seriously considering getting into the "big time drug business".  I mean, I can say that those of us non-big time drug dealers will end up 100% of the time... DEAD!  And I can further say that with a great deal of certainty.

According to your stats 0.1% of the time big time drug dealers will NOT end up dead.  That's a better chance than the rest of us have.

On the other hand, what exactly happens to that 0.1%? Do they join the ranks of the un-dead?

4 hours ago, Watchful said:

99.9%!! Wow, that .9% implies a level of accuracy that I seriously doubt exists.

Next, if it is accurate, I am seriously considering getting into the "big time drug business".  I mean, I can say that those of us non-big time drug dealers will end up 100% of the time... DEAD!  And I can further say that with a great deal of certainty.

According to your stats 0.1% of the time big time drug dealers will NOT end up dead.  That's a better chance than the rest of us have.

On the other hand, what exactly happens to that 0.1%? Do they join the ranks of the un-dead?

Your probaly no doubt correct, but, its a risk , a gamble to do what he did, he may have won several times before but this time the horse lost.

a lot get caught because of greed, they do it several times and win , then keep doing it, before they get caught.

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, decca60 said:

I agree with what you say Sir, I got yo know them as well and the 3 kids. 2 as a couple plus one she had previously with another french guy. My wife and I had respect and confidence for Luke. In the frame of his marine business he helped me with clearing customs, unloading the boat from container and fix all the details to get the boat on water. He was a nice person to deal with, very correct prices for his services, respectfull, involved in what he was doing for me. All documentation in due form and on time. So this guy had full respect from me while he was very helpfull and honest with us. Not the common big mouth expat working here. I recomended him to a friend doing the same operation and he was also very satisfied. I always saw him, even by chance in town driving either his brown Pajero or his Ducati never a Merc or BMW. I also know his boat and it's far away to be a "luxury yacht" although it was a good size cat.

I saw his wife twice with the kids. I found her to be a "pompous idiot" pretending to be a layer having an "influent family"....bad luck my wife who is a true one(not thai) found after few chats she didn't know anything about this kind of job. I saw HER driving a Merc..

My wife and I felt from our chairs when we saw them arrested at Swampy last year and even more when we learnt the reasons behind. Although the thai justice should have strong evidences  against them to put them in the death corridor, I still have hard time to believe the Luke I knew has been involved in all that nasty sh..t.

As a summary yes indeed very sad for the kids

I would go by your instinct on this. There are compelling reasons if you search on the net under Luke Cook Pattaya and then 'framed' as to why Luke Cook maybe completely innocent. He was not rich. His house was in hock to moneylenders. He did not have nine other houses. His wife's BMW was leased. There was no cash or goods of any high value to be seized as the proceeds of crime let alone the US$10million he is alleged to have been given by a dead man. You need to watch out for aussie foreign volunteer police with fertile imaginations and grudges. He allegedly dumped the gear after a Thai naval patrol spotted him.  No witnesses from navy at trial. Be careful out there There's a clue in attached picture - this was a surveillance pix taken of Cook's home by the 'volunteers'  - right click - Find the man with the tattoo pictured in rear view mirror? 

Thierry wing mirror.JPG

Look Cook house Boris.jpg

On 11/14/2018 at 9:54 AM, Media1 said:

4 million and the police never pursued the boat. They panicked and tossed it. That was there big mistake. it was then pieced together at a later date

no evidence was shown that he was ever paid US$10 million. That he dumped the drugs when interrupted by patrol boat.  Police did later inspect the boat. No trace of methamphetamine.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:55 AM, CelticBhoy said:

" . . . the expat everyone wanted to get to know . . .   '

Bet there's been some facebook unfriending now!

Probably. But when you take Thai police at Face value and assume they are telling the truth when they say he was (1) a Hell's Angel (2) an associate of Bagnato (3) lived a luxury life style - say compatible with an international drugs trafficker' (4) was an associate of Hell's Angel Wayne Schneider, then you have fallen for some of the oldest scams in town. Odd, because most people here seem to think they know Thailand well.  Here's a hint. The chief prosecution witness against Luke Cook, was an Australian working as a Thai Police Volunteer, who also happened to be the person who provided the house and cars for the murder of Wayne Schneider. Wouldn't that make you suspicious?

14 hours ago, Gang Warily said:

Probably. But when you take Thai police at Face value and assume they are telling the truth when they say he was (1) a Hell's Angel (2) an associate of Bagnato (3) lived a luxury life style - say compatible with an international drugs trafficker' (4) was an associate of Hell's Angel Wayne Schneider, then you have fallen for some of the oldest scams in town. Odd, because most people here seem to think they know Thailand well.  Here's a hint. The chief prosecution witness against Luke Cook, was an Australian working as a Thai Police Volunteer, who also happened to be the person who provided the house and cars for the murder of Wayne Schneider. Wouldn't that make you suspicious?

I think you have pretty much nailed it now that the facts of the case are beginning to surface.

Also, I am lead to believe the French guy who was a police assistant and involved in, not only this, but this and many other scams has now been given his marching orders by the real police colonel that was involved in this matter., and his services are no longer required.

Gang Warily I think you got something going here mate? All the witness police volunteers? Where is this Luke Cook guys Hell's Angels jacket or his Chopper?

Did the Hell's Angels turn in their choppers for Ducati motorcycles? I think the the tattoos are a match to the famous french police volunteer .

Thierry-muscle.jpg

thierry-tattoo.jpg

On 11/14/2018 at 12:35 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Reading the story in the news its alleged he was paid 10 million for his part, i wonder how many of us would do the same?

so please dont cast the first stone unless u never sinned

death penalty sounds right for this low life, but out of compassion his wife should be allowed to live. and I don't anyone who would do something as stupid as this.

Archived