BANGKOK
webfact

Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

rude name for a bar

He's a nice and POLITE person !
Or did I read wrong ???

Serves the thieving bastard right, for putting his Thatcher cider up from 160bt to 180bt overnight. He should get the death sentence for that alone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"...the expat everyone wanted to get to know …"

?? not me, maybe the old fat farangs that we see in the video

I had never heard of him before reading this story

I am not jealous of his money, and I am not in a jail, like him 

• Like 2

What about the Chinese that are involved in this? I am seeing more and more around the world the Chinese are trying to export dangerous drugs into Western countries around the world. I believe they have a type of reverse stealth opium war against Western countries going on.

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is this bar still going?

is the owner still there , it would be good to get his side ?

Sure, just ask for an ajoining cell on DEATH ROW....do you think he’s out on bail and has promised the cops he’ll “drop-in,” when his Execution is scheduled?

Guess he will be ''microphoning the HOG '' from his penthouse suite

No sympathy. Same scenario as the Bali 9. People think they are above the law of a certain country, or are aware they are not, but choose to run the risk, then expect the Australian embassy to save them. Its pretty simple really, and i don't want my tax dollars providing wasters with consular support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Im not sure what jail he will be in but by far the worse jail i visited was the Bang Kwang Jail in Bangkok about 6 years ago.

This is a jail that they nickname the Big Tiger because it eats you up.

I have visited many jails  ( volunteer and part time work for a charity) but I have never encountered such rude nasty thai people as i did visiting in there and they were the officers, they just didnt care about people mmany of them not a ounce of kindness, they would snarl their faces at you and sometimes not even answer.

these officers are not like ordinary thais ,they look yiu direct in the eyes as they snarl and talk down to you.

i was once enquiring where a certain prisoner was and his welfare, the senior officer kept saying “ huh , ! Huh ! Screwing his face up 

Like it was pains for him to talk to me.he was a half indian thai officer with a turban on ,he slammed a door in my face as i was asking about a prisoners welfare.

They even had some nickname for one low bassstard thai prison guard , apparently his nickname reflected  on how he liked to hurt and punish prisoners. 

and anyone thinking Bang Kwang is like Pattaya jail better grow up fast ,its nothing like it.

i remember one guy telling me that once the large crowded room cell is locked at night they do not open until morning even if your bleeding to death ! Terrible place !

You're not quite correct on some of your observations. You may have just come across a particular unpleasant prison guard or one who was having a lousy day.

In Bang Kwang and Klong Prem, many are holding death row prisoners as well as a great number of life term sentenced prisoners. By virtue of this fact alone, the prison guards, in my experience, are far more approachable and friendly towards the prisoners.

This is due to not enough guards and prisoners with nothing to lose by misbehaving, a prisoner serving a life term has no problem telling a prison guard where to ' get off ' if he doesn't like his attitude. Yes, there are the amnesties which they could possibly lose but many do not qualify as they are repeat offenders.

Pattaya prison is only there with a security clearance of prisoners up to seven years. The guards can get away with far more bullying at Pattaya jail because the offenders are usually younger, less serious offences, such as theft, using drugs, minor selling of drugs, etc

All sounds good to make headlines, only they seem to forget one minor detail. 500 kg of drugs is NOT a one man operation. nor one man bank.

No doubt there are people behind him and no doubt some Thai also involved.

Clearly he did not rat out anyone, i do not think its the end of it one way or another, Way too much money was involved and lost

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

The death penalty is way over the top for what he was doing, and 

This is Thailand. He rolled the dice for high stakes and lost. (Assuming he is guilty as charged). He knew what he was doing. If his "restaurant" was so successful why bother with crime. He made the choice.

And best not to use ten words whem one will do.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rott said:

This is Thailand. He rolled the dice for high stakes and lost. (Assuming he is guilty as charged). He knew what he was doing. If his "restaurant" was so successful why bother with crime. He made the choice.

And best not to use ten words whem one will do.

Restaurant does not buy 5-6 million baht cars and multi million baht yachts 😉

Will say it again, this was not a one man operation, and he was not the bag man. Whoever behind it, is by far more scary than Thai jail or even death sentence.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

biteour lips young man, to many, owning a pattaya bar is akin to finding the holy grail

Long, long time since that commanded any respect at all.

• Like 1