BANGKOK 24 February 2019 09:43
webfact

Amazing fall from grace for Pattaya big shot Luke Cook - respected expat to death row in Thailand

18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure why the media keeps referring to this crime as "importing drugs into Australia" , He was caught with drugs in Thailand. The intended destination was maybe Australia but the boat could have ended up in Tahiti.

Everyone seems to be ignoring the real crime here

"an attention seeker who would hog the karaoke microphone"

He wasn't caught with drugs, it's in the story.

Rightly deserved..... enjoy your stay in prison. ''Well respected '' ... who writes that garbage ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

He wasn't caught with drugs, it's in the story.

Whatever the technicality, was in possession prior to throwing overboard etc, Its drugs or drug trafficking in Thailand but it keeps being referred to as "importing drugs into Australia". 

He lost me when he changed the name from "Pitt Stop to "Piss Stop", further enhancing the dubious reputation of some fellow Ausies. 🙁

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BestB said:

All sounds good to make headlines, only they seem to forget one minor detail. 500 kg of drugs is NOT a one man operation. nor one man bank.

No doubt there are people behind him and no doubt some Thai also involved.

Clearly he did not rat out anyone, i do not think its the end of it one way or another, Way too much money was involved and lost

Of course as the background of the story, he was mixed up with Australian bikies , the involvements in murder of the other bikie in Pattaya in 2015  which ironically he had already been tried and found guilty and.......released !!!!

and arrest of Australian bikie Antonio Bagnato also on Death Row in Bangkok.

Yes obviously theres more involved and I wouldn’t put it pass that  Australian federal police tipped off the thais and i would hazard a guess in all probality which im sure they  do operate in Pattaya, anyone thinking theres no undecover Australian Feds in Pattaya would have rocks in their head, not sure what they look like though., maybe pair of stubbies, thongs, dilligaf t shirt, and a can of fosters !

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

I guess some people like to hang with sucessful people thinking the glitter will rub off. On the surface this guy had a bar and guesthouse big deal. Some are easy to impress I guess.

21 hours ago, Berkshire said:

So this "Pattaya big shot," living the high life with luxury properties, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Ducatis and even a personal yacht....and the best he could do for female companionship was this 40 yr old hi-so wannabe?  I mean, come on dude.  I could do better on my worst day. 

Hmm,..I guess you never met a woman worth it !?

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Oh I'm sorry, you're right. He was an angel. Doing Gods work. Meth dealers are really great guys. Even if they participate in the odd murder here and there. 

Since you know them so well and care for their welfare, step up and adopt their children

Does a member pointing out the tragedy of this whole event mean he is required in your eyes to adopt Mr. Cooks children?

I as well think the kids have gotten the short end of the stick.     

Should I try to adopt them as well?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Whatever the technicality, was in possession prior to throwing overboard etc, Its drugs or drug trafficking in Thailand but it keeps being referred to as "importing drugs into Australia". 

It clearly states, he was arrested at the airport, the drugs were "allegedly" thrown overboard, from a yacht, they have not yet told us how they tie this dude to the yacht, no mention of him being in "possession," at any time.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:40 PM, webfact said:

in Thailand's world famous seaside resort

:cheesy:

Edited by pattayadude

On 11/14/2018 at 12:40 PM, webfact said:

While Thaivisa sources close to Cook said that his wife Kanyarat Wechapitak, 40, was a "controlling and unpleasant person".

an unpleasant rhino.

dude! with all that money, is this the best you could have done??!!??