Nearly half a billion baht spent on sand - but Pattaya beach is a filthy mess!

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was done as an improvment ''for the speed boats, for easy off and on loading chinese.Saddly local thais who work the beach, and Chinese who holiday here ,do not see this as a  beach, it is a business tool,or an entertainment venue , it could be a paved parking lot, as long as it generated income..Pattaya boat launch/ beach is a business tool..period

13 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

They spend a half billion on new sand but can buy beach cleaning machines and pay beach clean up crews to work 7 days a week from sunup for 2 hours or so.... go figure!! ????

Someone told me there were Beach cleaning trucks out in Jomtiem area. Likely the collected stuff is dumped around the headland.

14 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

They spend a half billion on new sand but can buy beach cleaning machines and pay beach clean up crews to work 7 days a week from sunup for 2 hours or so.... go figure!! ????

Pattaya does not have a great beach and some  beaches with heavy foot and boat traffic need to maintained daily...and Pattayas beach needs constant attention....

Unfortunately, like I said,  I've seen numerous attempts  at beach/sand restoration in Southern California over 32 years.  Every attempt failed.  There was marginal success when jetties were also built.  millions of tons of large rocks.  Eventually they failed as well. Now the beaches in California Are being devastated by mother nature.

And it's affecting the cliffs with very expensive houses getting ready to go over the edge. It can't be stopped. Very wealthy people have build huge concrete walls at the base of the cliffs What seems to be helping in the short term. But only the rare individual can do that.

Anyway you can't go in the water here so what's the point.

17 Nov 2018 Pattaya has 150 meters of new Beach. that's a lot of Beach.There's room for thousands of Sun Lovers, all Welcome ..Rain over now. city built new drainage system, water drops 10 feet straight down, 6ft dia pipe water flows under the Beach...Come and Enjoy !!!   The  Party's just getting Started.......

On 11/14/2018 at 4:31 PM, jacko45k said:

The reality is the idea of the beach being an attraction has been abandoned, making money on the idea is still alive and well!

Actually took a walk from Klang to Dusit yesterday and must say it looks pretty good.

Rubbish washing up is a detraction though.

Pattaya Beach never has being any good back in 81 it was just the same as now ,i lived in Songkhla for several years they had a beach cleaning machine they used it every day towed it behind a 4x4 tractor by using it all the time it not only kept  the beach clean but leveled it as well money well spent i would have thought they only have to look on Y TUBE to see many differant types of these machines working 

3 minutes ago, morrobay said:

image.png.15487963e1ceea8b9c31c78f9a9ac1d8.pngimage.png.94d593c6bd31cf128b505d290fbff565.png

This is the North end lagoon next to Dusit Thani. As you can see it is affecting the water. Well at least they havent figured out a way to screw up the Long View. 

Yes, that part is ugly. But here we have around Klang looking North.

Beach3.jpg

Beach2.jpg

On 11/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, Benroon said:

Make all the hotels keep it clean as they’re making a living from the area especially as nearly all the beach now is built on right up to the waters edge! 

They could employ teams and every morning send out squads of cleaners for a couple of hours whilst removing half the oceans plastic waste - job done.

Wow that must be fun to enjoy the beach with 50 cleaners picking up trash all around.

Let those hotels buy a truck to clean the beach, one which can do it in minutes and without noise.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:13 PM, keith101 said:

You cant control what comes in from the sea all you can do is clean it up so they should have cleanup crews there everyday to do the job but TIT .

And surely there is equipment available which would make it easy and fast to do the clean up.

Do they use such equipment of Pattaya beaches?

On 11/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, Benroon said:

Make all the hotels keep it clean as they’re making a living from the area especially as nearly all the beach now is built on right up to the waters edge! 

They could employ teams and every morning send out squads of cleaners for a couple of hours whilst removing half the oceans plastic waste - job done.

There are absolutely zero hotels built up to the waters edge along Pattaya Beach Rd from North Rd to Walking St.

No idea why City Hall doesn't employ such cleaners.

IMG_20180827_101138.jpg.b2ad890a87c9ee50822b7568130d20d1.jpg

Sure the completed section Pattaya Klang North  looks good for now. But under that sand  are thousands of sandbags like this " breakwater " construction off Dusit point. So we shall see if those sandbags stay covered with sand after this winters Northerly wind driven waves and longshore currents.

Fine if it does, but if not this is what will be exposed along the beach.  

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

IMG_20180827_101138.jpg.b2ad890a87c9ee50822b7568130d20d1.jpg

Sure the completed section Pattaya Klang North  looks good for now. But under that sand  are thousands of sandbags like this " breakwater " construction off Dusit point. So we shall see if those sandbags stay covered with sand after this winters Northerly wind driven waves and longshore currents.

Fine if it does, but if not this is what will be exposed along the beach.  

Bingo....the wind will blow most of the top sand away over a few  years ,then add the floods and general foot traffic....this beach was better off, left alone ... using these ridiculous'' sand bags'', it was a, ''one time fix'',no way can they ever repair this beach again ...enjoy it now cause in 2 years it will be a ''sand bag beach''from dusit to walking street...

15 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Unfortunately given the manner of this current beach reconstruction it would most likely render traditional mechanical beach cleaning methods unusable. There is not that much loose sand on top of the sandbags it is all built on. I have certainly dug much much deeper holes on sandy beaches as a child.

My main concern apart from litter is that these reconstructed raised areas will soon get no natural cleaning, the tide doesn't touch them, and soon the rainy season will end. How about all the vagrants that sleep on the beach and use it as a toilet, plus all the drunk night revelers and locals that do the same. What is going to happen to all of that mess?

Then there are the rats that will still be adapting to their new environment.

I really think by the end of this coming 'high' season the whole place could yet again become rather unpleasant.

In Greece me and my ex slept on the beach all night, on a beachbed. The owner was so 'kind' to leave a light burning for us....next day i couldn't recognize my ex because she had 200 mosquitobites on her face...i had about 100.

So the should install some lights there 55....or sandbugs can also be a deterrent for tourists sleeping there.

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

In Greece me and my ex slept on the beach all night, on a beachbed. The owner was so 'kind' to leave a light burning for us....next day i couldn't recognize my ex because she had 200 mosquitobites on her face...i had about 100.

So the should install some lights there 55....or sandbugs can also be a deterrent for tourists sleeping there.

They don't have one single mosquito in Thailand they are all married 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Kim J said:

The sea is generally just full of crap. Doing a study as to where it is coming from would be difficult, I think it will just come from which ever way the wind, tide or floodwater is coming from at any particular time.

You really have to be a special kind of person to live in that place. Floods, traffic jams, the worst kind of tourists, polluted everything, and it doesn't matter how far away from walking street you are, the sex dynamic is ever apparent. ????
Exactly why I chose to live here. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 11/14/2018 at 12:50 PM, joeyg said:

It's a shame you can't go on the water here. Eye, I hear it more and more rashes, eye, ear nose throat infections and other weird problems after just going in for a bit. If the water was clean here this place would be packed your round.

I've been on the water many times here by getting on the ferry to Koh Larn. Never got a rash or throat infection from doing that ????

On 11/24/2018 at 12:15 PM, bbi1 said:

I've been on the water many times here by getting on the ferry to Koh Larn. Never got a rash or throat infection from doing that ????

In that case I wouldn't worry and continue going in and have fun!

Archived