Shredless Marmalade.

NoshowJones

Anyone know if it is possible to buy jars of Robertsons (I think) Shredless Marmalade

here in Thailand?

I was going to buy three jars from the Corner Shop in the UK at 2.25 GBP each, but the total came to over 39 GBP.

What a rip off.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Anyone know if it is possible to buy jars of Robertsons (I think) Shredless Marmalade

here in Thailand?

That's the sort of thing that I would expect to find in Villa in The Avenue in Pattaya, or in Tops in Central in Pattaya, or possibly from one of the two Pattaya expat shops (Siamburys, and the one on Soi SCC). All of them usually have a fairly wide selection of spreads.

13 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

That's the sort of thing that I would expect to find in Villa in The Avenue in Pattaya, or in Tops in Central in Pattaya, or possibly from one of the two Pattaya expat shops (Siamburys, and the one on Soi SCC). All of them usually have a fairly wide selection of spreads.

I know most of the expat shops in Pattaya, but not Siamburys or Soi SCC. I do have packets of marmalade, but not Robertsons Shredless. if you come across it please let me know.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I know most of the expat shops in Pattaya, but not Siamburys or Soi SCC.

I dont know of any others apart from these two:

Siamburys is here: https://en-gb.facebook.com/siamburis/

The Soi Siam Country Club is this one, I think, but the Google map pin seems to be in the wrong place so I'm not sure: https://en-gb.facebook.com/siamexpatfood/

Both on the darkside.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You seem to keep getting confused all the time, so why bother reading peoples posts at all?

My post is plain enough.

You were going to buy 3 @ £2.25 each = £6.75. But the total came to over £39 When, where,??????

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

You were going to buy 3 @ £2.25 each = £6.75. But the total came to over £39 When, where,??????

Corner Shop is based in the UK, and they wanted that amount to send to Thailand, probably for taxes and their massive profit. Greedy B@stards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 11:20 AM, grollies said:

To be honest I can't tell the difference between Robertson's marmalade and the marmalade sold in most 7/11, Tesco, etc. It's all sugary  crap.

Mind you, I've been spoiled by my Mum's marmalade when as a kid.

Marmalade sold in 7-11, Tesco maybe, but shredless? That's very important to me.

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Marmalade sold in 7-11, Tesco maybe, but shredless? That's very important to me.

The little packs you get with toast in hotels/restaurants here appear to be shredless (and tasteless).

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

The little packs you get with toast in hotels/restaurants here appear to be shredless (and tasteless).

You've got it spot on, I have got them, they do not taste anything like Robertsons jars,

and are very runny.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You've got it spot on, I have got them, they do not taste anything like Robertsons jars,

and are very runny.

I didn't know that Robinsons did shredless. Fine shred and thick shred, yes, but shredless? A new one on me.

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I didn't know that Robinsons did shredless. Fine shred and thick shred, yes, but shredless? A new one on me.

Not Robinsons, Robertsons Shredless Marmalade. Has been on sale in the UK all my adult life.

• 1 month later...

I tried to find seedless raspberry jam but couldn't.

In the end I warmed up normal raspberry jam and pushed it through a sieve. A bit messy, and lost about 1-third of the volume - but it set again just fine after an hour in the fridge.

I guess it would be much easier with marmalade (bigger chunks).

On 12/1/2018 at 5:32 PM, possum1931 said:

Not Robinsons, Robertsons Shredless Marmalade. Has been on sale in the UK all my adult life.

Robertson's factory was just down the road from my birthplace near Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire. What a wonderful smell when driving past it. I cannot understand why you want shredless though, the shreds are the tastiest part.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

Robertson's factory was just down the road from my birthplace near Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire. What a wonderful smell when driving past it. I cannot understand why you want shredless though, the shreds are the tastiest part.

I see where you are coming from, but one mans meat is another mans poison. 

Just the same as I never eat fruit or veg because of lumps and things, that is why I always use a blender.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I see where you are coming from, but one mans meat is another mans poison. 

Just the same as I never eat fruit or veg because of lumps and things, that is why I always use a blender.

Dooooh. That's why I suggested putting your marmalade in your blender.

What DO you eat then? Soup?

18 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

18 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Ok then, I could put it through the blender, then get Mrs Possum to clean it.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:23 PM, possum1931 said:

Shredless Marmalade

That's not Marmalade, that's orange jelly. What's the point, Marmalade is supposed to have shredded peel. If you don't like the bits as someone suggested have the girlfriend/wife pick them out for you.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, KittenKong said:

Siamburys do have it. 75B.

Archived